123 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    584 sp/so
    Socionics
    INTp Te

Default They say: How are you?

If someone says to you: "How are you?" can you respond properly? I hate when someone says that question. Why?
    Because I am not able to answer properly. And I have seen this problem many time with all people , especially with loving ones (romantic way )
    I just stack in thinking procession and then just say "Fine." even I don't feel 100% fine.
    I can't express what I feel with words so I just say "Fine" because I am healthy and I feel fine , but deep down not very much and I don't know how to say that...
    I can use poems but no matter what happened to me all of them are full of sadness and not so "standard romantic" because they are very very strange...
    True Neutral /SLOAN+ RxOe|I|/5w4-8w9-4w5 Te>Ni>Fi>Ti>>>>>Fe
    "There is no intellectualism in faith. Both atheist and theist choose their belief system based on ego and self-preservation." by 2017

You call me selfish but wait...
    People are generally selfish.
    They don't cere about truth.
    They cere about their truths.
    -by myself.
    Private! Like a parts of a man you like to put in your mouth.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

People I am close to know better than to ask this, or if they do ask, they really want to know and I am likely to be willing to discuss what is going on in my life. For all others, I have a stock response: "busy". Nearly always true, and noncommittal.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    LOVE

Quote Originally Posted by Norexan View Post
    If someone says to you: "How are you?" can you respond properly? I hate when someone says that question. Why?
    Because I am not able to answer properly. And I have seen this problem many time with all people , especially with loving ones (romantic way )
    I just stack in thinking procession and then just say "Fine." even I don't feel 100% fine.
    I can't express what I feel with words so I just say "Fine" because I am healthy and I feel fine , but deep down not very much and I don't know how to say that...
    I can use poems but no matter what happened to me all of them are full of sadness and not so "standard romantic" because they are very very strange...
    I don't mind being asked how I am. I see it as a brief and friendly greeting for people of few words. Just say, "fine," and smile. That's what I do. No poetry necessary.
    Likes geedoenfj liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry Boots View Post
    I don't mind if you ask me how I am. I see it as a brief and friendly greeting for people of few words. Just say, "fine," and smile. That's what I do.
    "Good morning [name]" is a greeting. "How are you?" is an empty social ritual, unless you know the other person well enough to embark on an actual discussion of how they, and you, are doing.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    LOVE

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    "Good morning [name]" is a greeting. "How are you?" is an empty social ritual, unless you know the other person well enough to embark on an actual discussion of how they, and you, are doing.
    I understand and agree. I'm speaking of the 'greater' meaning. For example, some people will ask in passing, "How are you?"... but don't standby for the answer, so I translate that as "Howdy!" Thus, my reply, "Howdy!"

If the question is meaningful, I'll try to give a meaningful reply.

Either way, it's alright with me. When I'm busy, like you, I don't like to talk much, but I'll try to make time for people I care about if I sense it's important for them to know how I'm doing.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/so

It's a common courtesy, to say "okay/fine/doing well/etc". If it's any comfort, it means the person asking cares about you.

And that's a wonderful feeling, even if you don't answer truthfully - you have someone there to support you, and so on. On your own terms at a later time.
    Tech questions? Ask here: The Technology Help Desk

I'll do my best to answer.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    584 sp/so
    Socionics
    INTp Te

I know the person care about me but what if that person is someone who you love and you are deeply be hurt? I can't answer. I can't express my feelings. I will always say fine if I am healthy. I am such a robot sometimes.
    True Neutral /SLOAN+ RxOe|I|/5w4-8w9-4w5 Te>Ni>Fi>Ti>>>>>Fe
    "There is no intellectualism in faith. Both atheist and theist choose their belief system based on ego and self-preservation." by 2017

You call me selfish but wait...
    People are generally selfish.
    They don't cere about truth.
    They cere about their truths.
    -by myself.
    Private! Like a parts of a man you like to put in your mouth.
    Likes thepink-cloakedninja liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    584 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    People I am close to know better than to ask this, or if they do ask, they really want to know and I am likely to be willing to discuss what is going on in my life. For all others, I have a stock response: "busy". Nearly always true, and noncommittal.
    I have the same stock, noncommittal response. "Busy" implies that I am well enough as I am still getting my work done, but does not invite further inquiry.

Marshmallow Heart thepink-cloakedninja's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    269 sp/sx

LOL I'm probably going to be in the minority here and say that I love it when people ask me how I am.

I take it as:
    1. This person wants to talk to me.
    2. This person notices I exist.
    3. This person isn't mad at me (because I'm very scared of people being mad at me).
    4. This person is treating me like I'm a person instead of a thing.
    5. This person cares about me (depending on who is asking and their tone).

I don't really have a problem with answering, either. If I'm not good, I'll just be like "ohhh, stressed ..." or "oh, tired," or say, "well, still kicking!" in a lighthearted, enthusiastic way.
    Skinny people are easier to kidnap
    Stay safe
    Eat cheesecake
    Likes Crystal Winter Dream liked this post

You are what you love themightyfetus's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sx
    Socionics
    ESE Si

I work in retail so I kind of have to ask how everyone's doing and say "good" or "hanging in there" every time someone asks me in return
    Yet I know, if I stepped aside
    Released the controls, you would open my eyes
    That somehow, all of this mess
    Is just my attempt to know the worth of my life

Mercury - Sleeping At Last

3w2 // 6w7 // 9w1
    Likes Abendrot liked this post