User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so

Default I am very extroverted (>90%) - and I dislike "parties/bars". Is that normal?

Greetings everyone!

It does not matter where I do my MBTI test, I always get really high scores of extroverstion, mainly between 80-100%. In my last test I took I even got 99% Extroversion. And I see no point in being dishonest, because I would only harm myself I would "lie" in the answers.

AnonymousExecutive - The Commander

| 16Personalities
    There you see - 99% Extroversion.

With "parties" I refer to clubs/bars/etc.

Is it normal though that I never went to a party in my whole life? I really like talking and interacting with people, and when I am in bad mood interaction with some (does not matter who) is the thing who makes me feel better.

But I never went partying, I simply dislike the idea of parties. Just nervous people drinking themselves full, sometimes with the intention so they can approach a girl - and that is against my way of thinking.

I cannot say how I would feel at a party, really I have no clue. In my whole life, I was never on a party or a bar (expect parties within one's family and friends, I really love attending them).

Your thoughts?

I get the idea that extroversion or introversion does not actually matter if you like parties/bars/clubs etc., I think extroversion is just the way our brain reacts to certain activities. Is that right?

I'd appreciate any input!

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Your writing style doesn't fit with an ENTJ at all, in my opinion. Furthermore, tests are not the best way to type yourself, you should try and read about the 16 personalties and see which one suits you the best, reading about the cognitive functions could be quite useful as well.

As for E/I, I think, yes, they are related to how your brain responds to some activities. To me, the core of E/I dichotomy is whether you feel energized or exhausted after social interactions, having little to do with parties.
    "If the truth shall kill them, let them die" - Immanuel Kant

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    2w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

Extroverted =/= Social

Also ditch 16Personalities.
    Enneagram: 2w3 - 8w7 - 7w8 (The Humanitarian) | sx/so/sp
    Temperament: Sanguine = Choleric > Melancholic > Phlegmatic
    Alignment: Chaotic Good
    Big 5: SLUAI
    Zodiac: Aries-Taurus Cusp Sun, Scorpio Moon, Cancer Rising
    Potter House: Slytherin
    Social Media: Tumblrᕕ(ツ)ᕗ Secret
    Likes Thirteenly, Nørrsken, Korvinagor, Yuu liked this post

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    LIE Te

I've never attended a party either. I'm good with social gatherings and hanging out with a bunch of friends but I don't really like parties either.
    LIE - Te - ENTj
    6w7 (693, The Mediator)
    sx/so
    SLOEI

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

I don't think you are an ENTJ either but it's not strange to dislike parties and bars. E/I is about the energy others give you or take from you. Socializing with a single person can suck energy right out of me so it has little to do with parties or large groups.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so

Well, that's quite interesting. For the last 5 days I was trying to find out which type I am, actually. First I thought that I am an ESTJ, but then I related myself rather to an ENTJ.

What would you all suggest, then, if not an ENTJ? To which personality does my typing look like? I really love to lead, that's for sure as well. So, which other personalities fall into consideration, then?

I am quite certain that I can exclude Introversion and Sensing. So it has to be ENxx. Any tips?

Seems like I have to start from scratch again... well.

If you want to take a look to my "type me thread" Trying to find my type since days! ESTJ or ENTJ?

Seems like I have to do more research.

I actually took one more test here: 100% Free Personality Test - Discover Your Type Now and got ENTJ as well. I also read this profile ENTJ Personality Profile and could relate it mostly to me.

Besides, all of my good friends are INTP's which seems to be a perfect match for an ENTJ.....

And yet another test:

Your test result is: ENxJ

You generally take an Extraverted (E) approach to life.

Your preferred mode of perception is Intuition (N).

It is not clear (“x”) whether you rely more on Thinking (T) or Feeling (F) to make judgments.

You typically show your Judging (J) side to the world.

Extraverts are stimulated by their environments, which might or might not include people.

MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

What does parties and bars have to do with being an ENTJ or an extrovert ?Do you think all extroverts enjoy parties. All extroverts like going to bars ?.....that would be like saying all Introverts don't like parties or bars. Type has 0 to do with what kind of social activities you enjoy. Maybe you'd rather be rock climbing than in a packed filled bar with people screaming at one another to be heard and stale air enough to make you puke.

I suggest doing more homework. Your post doesn't appear to be someone who leads with Te to be honest, but I haven't met you so I'm not gonna be that person who tells you you're not an ENTJ. Good luck.
    Likes Thirteenly liked this post

AKA Silently Honest Digital Demi-Fiend's Avatar
    MBTI

After awhile you learn that parties are less about conducive socialization and more about gratification of the senses. Drinking, recreational drug use, and other peoples bodies.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    926 so/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Fe

My husband is an extrovert and he isn't exactly big on parties or bars, either. He used to, of course, but not anymore. Says it makes people act very.. well, you can imagine a few colorful word of choices here.
    So no, it's not strange or weird at all.
    Likes Thirteenly, LoyalKnight liked this post