• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTJ] I am very extroverted (>90%) - and I dislike "parties/bars". Is that normal?

LoyalKnight

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so
I am very extroverted (>90%) - and I dislike "parties/bars". Is that normal?

Greetings everyone!

It does not matter where I do my MBTI test, I always get really high scores of extroverstion, mainly between 80-100%. In my last test I took I even got 99% Extroversion. And I see no point in being dishonest, because I would only harm myself I would "lie" in the answers.

AnonymousExecutive - The Commander

| 16Personalities
There you see - 99% Extroversion.

With "parties" I refer to clubs/bars/etc.

Is it normal though that I never went to a party in my whole life? I really like talking and interacting with people, and when I am in bad mood interaction with some (does not matter who) is the thing who makes me feel better.

But I never went partying, I simply dislike the idea of parties. Just nervous people drinking themselves full, sometimes with the intention so they can approach a girl - and that is against my way of thinking.

I cannot say how I would feel at a party, really I have no clue. In my whole life, I was never on a party or a bar (expect parties within one's family and friends, I really love attending them).

Your thoughts?

I get the idea that extroversion or introversion does not actually matter if you like parties/bars/clubs etc., I think extroversion is just the way our brain reacts to certain activities. Is that right?

I'd appreciate any input!

Ashtart

Obliviously Mad
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Your writing style doesn't fit with an ENTJ at all, in my opinion. Furthermore, tests are not the best way to type yourself, you should try and read about the 16 personalties and see which one suits you the best, reading about the cognitive functions could be quite useful as well.

As for E/I, I think, yes, they are related to how your brain responds to some activities. To me, the core of E/I dichotomy is whether you feel energized or exhausted after social interactions, having little to do with parties.

Merced

Talk to me.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
28?
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Extroverted =/= Social

Also ditch 16Personalities.

Red Ribbon

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I've never attended a party either. I'm good with social gatherings and hanging out with a bunch of friends but I don't really like parties either.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I don't think you are an ENTJ either but it's not strange to dislike parties and bars. E/I is about the energy others give you or take from you. Socializing with a single person can suck energy right out of me so it has little to do with parties or large groups.

LoyalKnight

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so
Well, that's quite interesting. For the last 5 days I was trying to find out which type I am, actually. First I thought that I am an ESTJ, but then I related myself rather to an ENTJ.

What would you all suggest, then, if not an ENTJ? To which personality does my typing look like? I really love to lead, that's for sure as well. So, which other personalities fall into consideration, then?

I am quite certain that I can exclude Introversion and Sensing. So it has to be ENxx. Any tips?

Seems like I have to start from scratch again... well.

If you want to take a look to my "type me thread" https://www.typologycentral.com/forums/what-s-my-type-/90534-trying-type-days-estj-entj.html

Seems like I have to do more research.

I actually took one more test here: 100% Free Personality Test - Discover Your Type Now and got ENTJ as well. I also read this profile ENTJ Personality Profile and could relate it mostly to me.

Besides, all of my good friends are INTP's which seems to be a perfect match for an ENTJ.....

And yet another test:

Your test result is: ENxJ

You generally take an Extraverted (E) approach to life.

Your preferred mode of perception is Intuition (N).

It is not clear (“x”) whether you rely more on Thinking (T) or Feeling (F) to make judgments.

You typically show your Judging (J) side to the world.

rav3n

Extraverts are stimulated by their environments, which might or might not include people.

HisKittyKat

MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
4w5
What does parties and bars have to do with being an ENTJ or an extrovert ?Do you think all extroverts enjoy parties. All extroverts like going to bars ?.....that would be like saying all Introverts don't like parties or bars. Type has 0 to do with what kind of social activities you enjoy. Maybe you'd rather be rock climbing than in a packed filled bar with people screaming at one another to be heard and stale air enough to make you puke.

I suggest doing more homework. Your post doesn't appear to be someone who leads with Te to be honest, but I haven't met you so I'm not gonna be that person who tells you you're not an ENTJ. Good luck.

Atomic Fiend

After awhile you learn that parties are less about conducive socialization and more about gratification of the senses. Drinking, recreational drug use, and other peoples bodies.

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
My husband is an extrovert and he isn't exactly big on parties or bars, either. He used to, of course, but not anymore. Says it makes people act very.. well, you can imagine a few colorful word of choices here.
So no, it's not strange or weird at all.

IndigoViolet11

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w9
You might be the type who love activities that requires you being on your own, so you would be pretty independent yourself. But it is the main way you digest your information intake matter. Either you like to think through it on your own, or you energize yourself more in group activities. Perhaps, a bigger group.

Despite being in say a certain mbti, but it is not true that any two people with the same mbti will express certain similar characteristic exactly the same way as the other. So what you would want to pay attention in, is how you yourself learn from both yourself and other - how you take in information, in particular.

By the way you precieve things and you not putting things in solid context, you look like you take in Ne first, and you should be a P type. For the way you think internally of things and your love in digesting things, you are possibly a T type. So the last two letters would TP.

If I am correct, you have the strong tendency to interact with others in a intellectual manner and therefore it is normal to not to be a fan of parties. You interact first to extract information and evaluate your thoughts, then read something internally to confirm/digest them, and then discuss with somebody again. It means you have a strong tendency to find anybody you can, to talk to them and throw out any info you can think of.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I get the idea that extroversion or introversion does not actually matter if you like parties/bars/clubs etc., I think extroversion is just the way our brain reacts to certain activities. Is that right?

Yep, that is right.

MyCupOfTea

MBTI Type
INxP
For the last 5 days I was trying to find out which type I am, actually.
For me, 5 days sounds like a very short time for typing oneself. Even though I personally think it's fun taking the online tests, in the end they are more entertainment than anything else and are based on stereotypes of the dichotomies.

LoyalKnight

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so
You might be the type who love activities that requires you being on your own, so you would be pretty independent yourself. But it is the main way you digest your information intake matter. Either you like to think through it on your own, or you energize yourself more in group activities. Perhaps, a bigger group.

Despite being in say a certain mbti, but it is not true that any two people with the same mbti will express certain similar characteristic exactly the same way as the other. So what you would want to pay attention in, is how you yourself learn from both yourself and other - how you take in information, in particular.

By the way you precieve things and you not putting things in solid context, you look like you take in Ne first, and you should be a P type. For the way you think internally of things and your love in digesting things, you are possibly a T type. So the last two letters would TP.

If I am correct, you have the strong tendency to interact with others in a intellectual manner and therefore it is normal to not to be a fan of parties. You interact first to extract information and evaluate your thoughts, then read something internally to confirm/digest them, and then discuss with somebody again. It means you have a strong tendency to find anybody you can, to talk to them and throw out any info you can think of.

That's a quite informative post there. Cheers!

Well, I like being with groups, but I cannot stand it if the group contains highly needy/incompetent people. I can accept if they are needy or incompetent to a certain degree, but if it's too much, then I just get really annoyed and probably stressed as well, not sure about the second one. I noticed about myself that I only find out later that I was stressed at a certain moment.

I think that I am rather J than P - I am simply too organized to be a P, and I find it annoying if my surroundings are overly disorganized. My mother is a P, and her room.... just a mess, mostly. But the difference between J and P tend to be under 10% in most of the tests. But I like organization, that's for sure. But not too much organization, unless it is necessary.

ChocTiramisu

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
Gosh I can relate! I'm an ENFJ and I'm definitely extroverted but I find millions of invites to go to parties and be parts of once a month events annoying. It literally makes me nervous. I'm not a big quality time person. I get invited to do a lot of things and sometimes, I need down time to rejuvenate. Maybe because I grew up in an Introverted house. Glad someone else is the same way.

Kanra Jest

Av'ent'Gar'de ~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm sick of this whole "you like parties and big crowds your extroverted" BS. There's more to it than that. Besides. That's only for more pure extroverts anyway. There's others closer to the border. :dry:

I'm always Ambiverted on tests but I hate parties and crowds. I love ideas and concepts more than people. Gives me a high. Still I can find an interesting or funny discussion with one or a few people most energizing and go on forever, granted if they're more reserved I might dominate the conversation.

It's a tricky thing. I doubt not liking it makes you not an extrovert. Could be ENTJ. Could not be. Wouldn't know.

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
ENTJs are one of the introverted extroverts because their exceptions form their people are very similar to INTJs.
Liking party and crowds has nothing to do with extroversion.
Extroverted people charge their energy when they surrounded with RIGHT people. Introverted when they are ALONE. :)
Extroversion means also means openness to people in general.
Extroverted person will easily initiate talking with person they don't know while introverted not that easy.
Also extroverted person will done things (OUTSIDE) then think (INSIDE) about what they done it is like a backloop in their brains :dry: and introverted person will first think (INSIDE) about thing then done thing (OUTSIDE). :huh:

Sacrophagus

Mastermind Fieldmarshal
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Greetings everyone! It does not matter where I do my MBTI test, I always get really high scores of extroverstion, mainly between 80-100%. In my last test I took I even got 99% Extroversion. And I see no point in being dishonest, because I would only harm myself I would "lie" in the answers. AnonymousExecutive - The Commander | 16Personalities There you see - 99% Extroversion. With "parties" I refer to clubs/bars/etc. Is it normal though that I never went to a party in my whole life? I really like talking and interacting with people, and when I am in bad mood interaction with some (does not matter who) is the thing who makes me feel better. But I never went partying, I simply dislike the idea of parties. Just nervous people drinking themselves full, sometimes with the intention so they can approach a girl - and that is against my way of thinking. I cannot say how I would feel at a party, really I have no clue. In my whole life, I was never on a party or a bar (expect parties within one's family and friends, I really love attending them). Your thoughts? I get the idea that extroversion or introversion does not actually matter if you like parties/bars/clubs etc., I think extroversion is just the way our brain reacts to certain activities. Is that right? I'd appreciate any input!
Calm down. You're torturing yourself with inanity.
Being extraverted does not equate socializing with whoever. Your time is a capital which you have to invest in beneficial endeavors. If a said party or orgy or whatever is full of vacuous people, or you happen to not see it in your present interpretation of circumstances as serving you in any manner, you don't have to attend it.

Lark

I don't think you are an ENTJ either but it's not strange to dislike parties and bars. E/I is about the energy others give you or take from you. Socializing with a single person can suck energy right out of me so it has little to do with parties or large groups.

I think its to do with the quality of the interactions, sometimes its hard to get that in a crowd of people for a bunch of reasons, if a lot of people there dont want to connect for instance, ie drinking, dancing, focusing on something other than that, or there can be social or group politics to navigate which again detract from just connecting and having a good time, plus, as good as meeting new people is, sometimes its not as good as meets with people you know better, the depth of the interaction is different.

My two cents anyway, I think a lot of the introversion/extroversion concepts are pretty shallow.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Greetings everyone!

It does not matter where I do my MBTI test, I always get really high scores of extroverstion, mainly between 80-100%. In my last test I took I even got 99% Extroversion. And I see no point in being dishonest, because I would only harm myself I would "lie" in the answers.

AnonymousExecutive - The Commander

| 16Personalities
There you see - 99% Extroversion.

With "parties" I refer to clubs/bars/etc.

Is it normal though that I never went to a party in my whole life? I really like talking and interacting with people, and when I am in bad mood interaction with some (does not matter who) is the thing who makes me feel better.

But I never went partying, I simply dislike the idea of parties. Just nervous people drinking themselves full, sometimes with the intention so they can approach a girl - and that is against my way of thinking.

I cannot say how I would feel at a party, really I have no clue. In my whole life, I was never on a party or a bar (expect parties within one's family and friends, I really love attending them).

Your thoughts?

I'd appreciate any input!

"Hi, I'm a very high sex drive heterosexual guy. But I don't like getting my butt stuffed by guys. Is it normal? "

Dude, just, like what you like. I also hate clubs and bars. Because it's fucking boring and transparent and filled with not-so-bright people being themselves - ie : a step closer to boring than they are when they play at being grown ups.

So... just go with a good friend or don't go. Furthermore I'm assuming you're quite young. How old are you ?