• ESTP- Cats

0 0%
  • ESTP- Dogs

0 0%
123 Last

MBTI
    INFJ

Default Are you a Cat or Dog Person?

I've heard before that allegedly Sensors liked dogs and Intuitives liked cats. This seems to me a little simplified but I Do think there might actually be trends to be found on this subject.

I'm an INFJ and a cat person. Cause they're chill, snugly and adorable. And I like the right dog but it has to click with me first. In general I don't find them as cute as other people do and they're smart enough to notice.

I'm posting this in NT section because . . .

PS I dug deep down into the trenches of TC's posts via search bar, and failed to find a thread on this exact topic- No doubt it is out there, but braver souls than I, ones with longer attention spans perhaps, may succeed. At least I can say I treid.
    It's better to be hated for who you are than loved for who you're not.
    -a wise soul
    Likes Hermit Of The Forest, Xiadais liked this post

I've never heard that nor do I believe it.

The general correlation I've noticed over the years has been Fe-users prefer dogs, Fi-users prefer cats. Exceptions aplenty.
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

SpaceCadetGoldStarBrigade Population: 1's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Both. I like them for different reasons. I like dogs (big dogs especially Huskies and Labrador Retrievers) because they're loyal and depending on the breed intelligent and you can go walking and hiking with them. I like cats because they're independent and curious and do things on their terms. I'm pretty much an animal person in general.
    To give real service you must add something which cannot be bought or measured with money, and that is sincerity and integrity. Douglas Adams

As per orders of the No likes experiment I am not liking posts for the duration.

Friendly Loner Hermit Of The Forest's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w1 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Upnextup View Post
    I've heard before that allegedly Sensors liked dogs and Intuitives liked cats. This seems to me a little simplified but I Do think there might actually be trends to be found on this subject.

I'm an INFJ and a cat person. Cause they're chill, snugly and adorable. And I like the right dog but it has to click with me first. In general I don't find them as cute as other people do and they're smart enough to notice.

I'm posting this in NT section because . . .

PS I dug deep down into the trenches of TC's posts via search bar, and failed to find a thread on this exact topic- No doubt it is out there, but braver souls than I, ones with longer attention spans perhaps, may succeed. At least I can say I treid.
    I like cats better in general (I have three), but I've meet individual dogs that were very endearing.

Dogs have a certain smell which I'd rather avoid. Actually three smells: dog breath, dog sweat, and wet dog. Cats have fish breath and that's about it.
    INTP 9w1 5w6 3w4 so/sx

Apparently there is nothing that cannot happen today. -- Mark Twain

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I like dogs but don't really want one because they demand too much from me.
    Of course, then I have to tolerate my cat because when I do want part of HIS time, he's flipping me off... mehh......

But I have an INTP friend who far prefers dogs to cats.

... maybe the question is more about what MBTI type of owner the PET prefers to have.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

“The world is full of obvious things which nobody by any chance ever observes." A.C. Doyle

The No Likes Experiment.

Likes Upnextup, geedoenfj, bechimo, Metis, gromit liked this post

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Of The Forest View Post
    Dogs have a certain smell which I'd rather avoid. Actually three smells: dog breath, dog sweat, and wet dog. Cats have fish breath and that's about it.
    Ah yes. Good point. Plus, cats are less likely to make-out with you and breath it all over your face.

Yo! We should have a really futile debate- Cat V.S. Dogs Which team are you on? Explain your reasoning but don't forget to randomly hate on the other side.
    It's better to be hated for who you are than loved for who you're not.
    -a wise soul

Senior Member Crystal Winter Dream's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI Fe

I love dogs. they are truly loyal and stay with you.
    I also have a cat, but it tends to play more than actually cuddle... XD

Friendly Loner Hermit Of The Forest's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w1 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Upnextup View Post
    ...but don't forget to randomly hate on the other side.
    Not sure, but did you just passive-aggressively accuse me of hating on dogs?? I assure you that was not my intention.
    INTP 9w1 5w6 3w4 so/sx

Apparently there is nothing that cannot happen today. -- Mark Twain

MBTI
    INFP

Oh, heavens, the cat/dog debate. I'm an INFP, and I prefer dogs over cats one hundred percent of the time. INFPs have the tendency to contemplate people's motivation behind their behavior, and it can be exhausting. That's how I feel about cats--they're not demonstrative with their regard for you, so you're left guessing whether your cat actually likes you. It's not that I don't like cats--they're soft and cuddly and their purrs are everything sweet. But their affection is so changeable, and it's hard for me to tell whether they actually dig me, or they just consider me a convenient roommate.

With dogs, on the other hand, I know where I stand. When I come home after being out, my dogs jump and dance and run around--they're so excited about our reunion, they can't contain it. When I'm sad, my dogs can pick up on it, and they try their best to be a comfort. When I talk to my dogs, they look like they're really trying to figure out what I'm saying. They just seem so grateful to be part of a family. And I'm grateful to have them.
    Likes Novella liked this post