• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] NTs, what do you honestly think about other temperaments in relation to yours?

Cool

MBTI Type
ENTP
Very dislike going through an arguments with SF. Bring up the topic abortion and they focus on the surface of the problem. (many of them do but not all of them)

mortabunt

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Enneagram
How do you view:
NTs vs. NFs?
NTs vs. SPs?
NTs vs. SJs?[/QUOTE]

NTs vs. NFs: NT's are more logical and much less likrly to see the human side of things than NF's.
NTs vs SPs: NT's are much more intelligent, disciplined, and sincere than the average SP. I think of them as either manipulative bastard or target practice. I have a lot of bad experience with these.
NTs vs SJ: NT's are more innovative and often willing to come up with their own ideas than SJ's. The experience depends on the SJ. I positively abhor my ISTJ brother, yet I know a girl who is ESTJ and I adore her. She has a lot less T and a lot less J.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
NTs vs. NFs: NT's are more logical and much less likrly to see the human side of things than NF's.
NTs vs SPs: NT's are much more intelligent, disciplined, and sincere than the average SP. I think of them as either manipulative bastard or target practice. I have a lot of bad experience with these.
NTs vs SJ: NT's are more innovative and often willing to come up with their own ideas than SJ's. The experience depends on the SJ. I positively abhor my ISTJ brother, yet I know a girl who is ESTJ and I adore her. She has a lot less T and a lot less J.

Your statement about SPs is ridiculous. If you think NTs are smarter than SPs on average, it's because you're only considering NT-specific forms of intelligence. I'm sure NTs score higher on average on IQ tests and SATs and so on than SPs, but that's because IQ tests/SATs are biased toward NT-type intelligence tasks. Intelligence is highly multi-faceted and expands geometrically, not linearly.

I suspect that in a field test involving real world tasks and hands-on manipulation of the physical environment, NTs would fail miserably against SPs, and it's a mistake to assume that these kinds of skills don't qualify as some sort of "intelligence."

Aleph-One

MBTI Type
INTJ
Based on personal experience, here's how I relate to other temperaments

Usually get along with: ENTJ, INFJ, INTP
Varies based on the person: INTJ, ISTJ, ISTP, ENTP, ENFP, ENFJ, INFP
Will rarely get along with: ESFP, ESTJ, ISFP, ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTP

CJ99

Is Willard in Footloose!!
MBTI Type
ENTP
NF: Kool people but they often limit themselves so much with the insistance on being nice. Then again there niceness is nice. They can be amazingly dumb then amazingly intelligent. There intelligence is so polarised it can be really irritating!

SP: My 2 best mates are SP and there great! Both very intelligent though one (an ESFP) doesn't always seem it. So much fun as well as long as they don't have too big an ego! Very useful people to know as if you look after them they look after you! I use my intuition to see when they are going in the wrong direction and though i can never stop them i'm mostly in the right place and time to pick them up. In return they help me out with reality!!!!!

SJ: Hate these guys! There so boring and dull and stupid! Sure they are useful but they just make me want to put a gun to my head. There like dead end alley ways with walls so thick its next to impossible to break though!

lifeintechnicolor

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
NTs vs. NFs? I have one friend who is an ENFP, and she is quite pleasant to be around, IMHO. Compared to me, (ENTP) she is a lot more energetic and less of a debator. She likes to have everything be comfy and balanced. My best friend is an ENFJ, and yes, I would say she is a lot less confrontational than an NT.
NTs vs. SPs? I don't think I know any...
NTs vs. SJs? Both of my parents are SJ's, and they are a lot less calm during quarrels than I am. More things seem to get on their nerves, and they are more vocal if something bothers them. I absolutely hate arguments with SJ's. Generally I could get along with an SJ, but I wouldn't enjoy being married to one.

Aleph-One

MBTI Type
INTJ
SJs are really pedantic. Don't get me wrong -- I really appreciate the recognition of nuance and detail when it matters, but there are plenty of times when formalism is just mindless formalism, and their matter-of-fact "that's just the way it is" justification of it makes me see red hot hate.

I usually like working with them because they're so reliable, but they turn into something worse than dead weight when the rules get in the way. I swear some of them would put their willies in a lightsocket if it was company or school policy to do so.

mortabunt

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Enneagram
Your statement about SPs is ridiculous. If you think NTs are smarter than SPs on average, it's because you're only considering NT-specific forms of intelligence. I'm sure NTs score higher on average on IQ tests and SATs and so on than SPs, but that's because IQ tests/SATs are biased toward NT-type intelligence tasks. Intelligence is highly multi-faceted and expands geometrically, not linearly.

I suspect that in a field test involving real world tasks and hands-on manipulation of the physical environment, NTs would fail miserably against SPs, and it's a mistake to assume that these kinds of skills don't qualify as some sort of "intelligence."

Ulysses S. Grant was an NT, and Robert E Lee was an SP. Also, I know about real world object manipulation; I cox racing shells, much to the dismay of my S rowers. They think I'm a retard.

freedom geek

MBTI Type
INTx
Enneagram
NF: Bah humbug. Too illogical and "fuzzy."
SJ: Authoritarians who do not want to allow me to live my life as I see fit. Additionally the choices they make in control are often short sighted and narrow minded. Decent minions.
SP: Hedonists. Fly through life without paying attention.
ENT: Alright. Likeabilty dependent. Often good people.
INT: Most of the time to be with. Share common goals.

Exceptions abound of course.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
SJ: business pals (no more than that, please)
SP: I dont understand them, sometimes they seem like liking you and then they stab you in the back; ISTPs are cool I think, they at least know the concept of friendship
NFs: ENFP is not my world, ENFJ is too much work, INFJ is too rigid / free of wordly matters, INFP I dont understand
NT: INTP/INTJ hide to much behind their fascades, to really get to know them, ENTJ are to witty for me and ENTPs are too taxing

I like dogs tho

INTJ123

HAHHAHHAH!
MBTI Type
ESFP
well, I dunno about pitting the types against each other but I'll tell you what I think of each group.

NT - Probably the highest collection of genius and creativity one group can collect. However it's also probably the least socially adept group, might not be our faults though since we are outnumbered.

NF - Probably the highest collection of peaceful, diplomatic, creative, and artistic people. Can sometimes be overly sensitive.

SP - Probably the highest collection of party animals, always in the moment, great people to be around. Not very responsible though.

SJ - Probably the greatest collection of boring people, with a serious lack of creativity. However they serve a useful purpose of being responsible and family oriented, help keep everything grounded, but still boring.

Argus

MBTI Type
ENTP
NTs vs. NFs: Overly idealistic.
NTs vs. SPs: Unintelligent hedonists.
NTs vs. SJs: Overly socially conditioned.

Please note that there are individual exceptions.

Jonny

null
MBTI Type
FREE
NTs vs. NFs: Probably the most useless out of the 3 groups. Edit: I guess maybe poetry is nice.
NTs vs. SPs: We need people to take the risks most of us are too afraid to take.
NTs vs. SPs: Do you want to be the one doing all the mundane but necessary tasks? Thought not.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Honestly, I think that I'm very happy to be an NT and I hold NT therefor in a higher regard than other temperaments from a personal point of view. I do however also see the usefulness in other temperaments and do respect and thank them for the entertainment and leisure they bring me.

JustHer

Pumpernickel
MBTI Type
ENTJ
well, I dunno about pitting the types against each other but I'll tell you what I think of each group.

NT - Probably the highest collection of genius and creativity one group can collect. However it's also probably the least socially adept group, might not be our faults though since we are outnumbered.

NF - Probably the highest collection of peaceful, diplomatic, creative, and artistic people. Can sometimes be overly sensitive.

SP - Probably the highest collection of party animals, always in the moment, great people to be around. Not very responsible though.

SJ - Probably the greatest collection of boring people, with a serious lack of creativity. However they serve a useful purpose of being responsible and family oriented, help keep everything grounded, but still boring.

Dead on, I think.

SerengetiBetty

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
NF - tend to be way to sensitive but they can be fun

SP - the only group to be able to keep up with me kinesthetically and energetically,especially ESTPs. lots of fun because you know were you stand with them.

SJ- i always walk on eggshells and hope i don't say or do something offensive. no matter how hard i try there is always something that i say or do and then... the silent treatment or the SJ saying "no, it's fine" through gritted teeth. the result is that they get about 25% of my personality

NT-like coming home after a long journey. i like how when other groups see us interact irl thy assume that we are arguing and hate each other, when in fact the opposite is most likely true.

murkrow

Branded with Satan
MBTI Type
INTJ
NF: Either totally unintelligible and to be enjoyed at a distance or have developed some way to be rational and manage their emotions.
SP: Fun fun fun.
SJ: Head, meet wall.

CyberHiker

MBTI Type
INTX
Enneagram
5w6
SP: Most of my friends are xSFP's. I get along extremely well with them,however, they always debate on the morale vs logic side of things and as they outnumber me, they always win. Most of the times, I find out that I was right and give them the I told you so lecture after which they shut up for a day or so. I have never met any xSTP's.

NF: My best friend is an ENFJ. She tends to be very empathic with everyone, but sometimes lacks reason behind her choices. Very dreamy type, can be nice but I would really much rather 'hang out' with NT's.

SJ: My mother is an ISFJ. I love her very much, but the SJ temperament lacks the creativity and spontaneity. SJ's are very good at handling family matters and handling everything 'mundane'.

NT: The only NT I know is my father (INTJ) and his university professor (INTP), but nevertheless, I can relate most and discuss most matters with them.

JustHer

Pumpernickel
MBTI Type
ENTJ
NFs: Extremely fascinating people that are great to have around, for some reason I have a real admiration for them. The F/T divide can really get frustrating though, and a lot of them come off as extremely arrogant and may have to be avoided.

SPs: Great to have around, never really have any problems with their company.

SJs: Can really irritate me, but as long as they are not in any authoritive position over me then I'm good.

dorcus0

MBTI Type
INTP
NF: The introverted ones are fascinating. The extroverted ones just drain me too quickly. Sometimes I think they lack amorality and cynicism, while at other times I admire their optimism.

SP: Great to have around. They come off as being intense. Sometimes I consider them too shallow and hedonistic, but what's life without a bit of hedonism?

SJ: The intelligent ones are great to have around. The unintelligent ones are little more than (sometimes malevolent) robots. My ideal boss would be an SJ who happens to be smarter than I am.