• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] NTs, what do you honestly think about other temperaments in relation to yours?

ygolo

My termites win
I don't know what to do about my Frankenthread.

NT-NF
Share a common penchant for abstraction and exploring the pervasive generalities of life. Differ in general in the style and content of those generalities....generally :cheese:.

NT-SP
Share many of the same interests and activities and a penchant for making things and excelling at whatever it is we are doing. Differ in the degree of detail, and concrete attention paid to what is being done.

NT-SJ
Fellow work-a-holics. Both can loose perspective on our work and have it take a life of its own. Share perfectionist tendencies, but can be counted on to regularly aim and achieve the "best" in class or company or group. When I looked at who had the highest grades in college, or the best specs. on design projects they tended to be other NTs or SJs--I was an engineering/math major. Differ, however, in how much we "carried forward." Seemed like SJs were focus more on the current project and much less on what was needed in the future.

BlackOp

MBTI Type
intj
How I do view:

NTs vs. SJs: Can only put up with ISTJ's. They complete me, and usually have a form of logic that I respect.

My best friend (of 15 years) is an istj. They are as "rare" as we....I wish I was one. They have more fun.

Bella

MBTI Type
ISTJ
My best friend (of 15 years) is an istj. They are as "rare" as we....I wish I was one. They have more fun.

I've read the opposite. Supposedly we're all over the show.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
ISTJs aren't exactly rare, and besides, good luck finding reliable statistics.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
ISTJs aren't really rare. They're just very good at hiding.

Ishida

MBTI Type
INTJ
This isn't really universal, but here goes.

SJ: Stuck in their ways, though at other times will find you an "interesting specimen." Think all people should be the same, those who work differently are "weird".
SP: I get along well with them. They don't expect much out of me and I don't expect much out of them. You can't get too deep with them which results in limited exposure, but there is still potential to connect.
NF: Someone you can learn from, usually will at least entertain your ideas and give you some to entertain yourself. The only one I know writes, and well it is nice to listen to. But they have their dark sides, which annoy me more than any SJ can.
NT: Tend to think you're inferior if you're not an atheist.

Usehername

On a mission
I've loved someone dearly from every type I've met.

I don't think type bothers me so much as worldview + type. When those things don't mix well together (speaking purely from my outside perception of said individuals) I feel the urge to get away fast.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I don't care. I have some issue with SP's that's true but I don't use type to decide what/who I like.

IlyaK1986

MBTI Type
ENTJ
NFs: idealistic morons that have huge dreams but won't ever make them work because there's this thing called human nature that stops every single one of them.

SPs: So can we please produce something of value and not have to live on welfare while we're starving artists?

SJs: I particularly hate these with a passion. Them and their bureaucracy has punched me in the gut more times than I can count. I fucking hate authority and bureaucracy. Die, you damn politicians and bureaucrats!

MBTI Type
ENTP
NT-NT I can be my nerdy self and they usually don't stare blankly or get offended

NT-NF They get me more than SJs and I can make them laugh but it gets boring because they rarely make me laugh. Sorry, NFs you're not funny. :ninja:

NT-SJ The only ones I get along with are related to me...and even then only in small doses please. Even though I usually don't get confrontational with them when they say things that boggle my mind, it still makes me crazy on the inside.
Some example SJ comments I've heard recently.
"ew, someone's t-shirt and socks(clean and neatly folded) are on that table (not used to eat). That is so disgusting I can't believe it!"
"oh yes, I've heard of myers briggs, but I wouldn't presume to know anything about it or talk about it because I'm not licensed and you shouldn't either" (wtf?)
"Honey, we don't open umbrellas indoors. It's bad luck. Close it now"

NT-SP They're less grating than SJs, though the unpredictability and utter lack of concern for others (with Es mainly) scares and annoys me a bit /J......I usually find ISTPs and ISFPs pleasant to be around

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
I can think of examples of people of every type that I've got along with fantastically... but to take my general experiences of all...

I'm allergic to INFJ's. Just completely allergic, man. In fact, FJ's generally make me feel sick to death of being judged and disapproved of, or told how I feel, what I think, and what's best for me.

The only F's that make me laugh are ENFP's. The only T's that don't are ESTJ's.

Introverts generally make me feel constantly smacked down and like they look down on me (oh you're so shallow and insecure for needing human company and talking! why can't you survive as a hermit and transmit your thoughts telepathically - or even better, in text format, like we healthy people!), and wear me out with mixed messages ("I do want this friendship... I just don't think it's worth putting any work into"), except ISxP's, who seem unique amongst introverts in knowing the skills involved how to actually have friends :laugh: they're the only ones I seem to see on the whole who understand that it's a two way street. The rest seem to treat people as disposable or sorta 'convenience friends' - y'know, on the rare occasion they feel like some human company we've got to pull out all the stops and understand that we're on trial and this is our chance to prove our worth to them... but then we're to go back home and leave them alone until the next time, and if we need someone in the intervening time, we're to look elsewhere. Note, they never have to prove their worth - it's a test of our worth to just perceive theirs by the smouldering intelligence in their eyes :rolleyes:

Apart from the FJ's, no issues generally with the E's.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Introverts generally make me feel constantly smacked down and like they look down on me (oh you're so shallow and insecure for needing human company and talking! why can't you survive as a hermit and transmit your thoughts telepathically - or even better, in text format, like we healthy people!), and wear me out with mixed messages ("I do want this friendship... I just don't think it's worth putting any work into"), except ISxP's, who seem unique amongst introverts in knowing the skills involved how to actually have friends :laugh: they're the only ones I seem to see on the whole who understand that it's a two way street. The rest seem to treat people as disposable or sorta 'convenience friends' - y'know, on the rare occasion they feel like some human company we've got to pull out all the stops and understand that we're on trial and this is our chance to prove our worth to them... but then we're to go back home and leave them alone until the next time, and if we need someone in the intervening time, we're to look elsewhere. Note, they never have to prove their worth - it's a test of our worth to just perceive theirs by the smouldering intelligence in their eyes :rolleyes:

And isn't this why God gave Extraverts such boundless energy? To deal with this sort of behavior?

Geez.

I need a nap.

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
That sounds like the kind of argument my friend makes, who hasn't had a job for years because as he unashamedly admits, he just doesn't like to work. And then we go out, and he expects everyone else to pay for him because we have more money. He thinks we're like, morally obliged or something, like there's nothing wrong with him expecting this... like as if the reason everyone else earns money is so that they can spend it subbing him so he doesn't have to bother... hahaha...

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
That sounds like the kind of argument my friend makes, who hasn't had a job for years because as he unashamedly admits, he just doesn't like to work. And then we go out, and he expects everyone else to pay for him because we have more money. He thinks we're like, morally obliged or something, like there's nothing wrong with him expecting this... like as if the reason everyone else earns money is so that they can spend it subbing him so he doesn't have to bother... hahaha...

Pssh. He's not entitled to your money. Why is he your friend, anyway?

But I know for sure that I wouldn't want to put up with me. I wonder, why would anybody? Seriously, I'm pretty sure if there were only introverts, they wouldn't be able to stand each other.

MBTI Type
ENTP
Pssh. He's not entitled to your money. Why is he your friend, anyway?
Yeah, sounds like he has deeper problems than being an introvert.

But I know for sure that I wouldn't want to put up with me. I wonder, why would anybody? Seriously, I'm pretty sure if there were only introverts, they wouldn't be able to stand each other.
Probably, we wouldn't have any extroverts to make fun of.

But seriously, I think introverts get judged way more than extroverts. I don't see how it could be any other way in the USA. It's worse if you're a girl because at least if you're a guy you can be seen as the "strong silent type". But from what I can tell, most girls have this strong communal instinct that I wasn't granted. I don't understand why I have to pretend to be best friends and empathize with someone just because we can both theoretically have babies.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
I don't understand why I have to pretend to be best friends and empathize with someone just because we can both theoretically have babies.

If you can't theoretically have babies, are you exempt from this?

blanclait

MBTI Type
ENTP
NT - i love them. they aren't annoying like SJ's
I'm especially envious of ENTP's drive to apply what they actually learn.
And INTJ's structure.

NF - i tend to like NF's for most part, they are creative individuals. and i can appreciate their views of the world. So i can actually share my views and actually connect.
infp being my favourite.

SJ - they tend to be annoying esp in discussions. Lot of what they state is based on personal experience. And they keep coming back with nonsense. so i tend to avoid discussion with them at all cost.
especially these "roles" in life, really bothers me. But along as they don't bark back at every statement i can get along relatively fine. i have a good friend who is ISTJ.

SP - They are relatively fine. Afterall my mother is Sp too, so i guess i'm kinda used to it. Unless their ESxP they seem to reserved for most part.

Sinister Scribe

MBTI Type
INTx
Enneagram
My sister is an INFP and we get along quite well. Most NFs really irk me if they are too caught up in aspects of feeling... just don't argue about anything personal with them. Or better yet, don't argue with them at all. Many lack the sheer rationality and allow themselves to get caught up with their feelings rather than the facts.

My roommate is an ISTP and we get along quite well... for the most part. I don't know many SPs. I tend to get along fairly well with most SJs I know.

One of my close online friends is a very strong ENTP and I love reading back over the IM conversations we've had because we get along quite well, but argue about so many things. ENTPs tend to be able to make me laugh.

Most extroverts - except for ENTPs and ENTJs, oddly enough - tend to annoy me. I don't like the fact that extroverts seem to need other people around them. Maybe it's just that I don't understand why they do... and some of them don't understand that we introverts just like being left to our own company.