• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] NTs, what do you honestly think about other temperaments in relation to yours?

ArbiterDewey

MBTI Type
ISTJ
I don't think anyone has access to the other Private Forums. Someone forgot to lock/unlock them/yours, whatever the case may be. Especially since I can post here.

MBTI Type
INxJ
GTFO

LOL Seriously?

All types are fine. It is more difficult for communication at times, but other than that I don't think anything of other people that aren't my type.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
To borrow from Ivy's notation:

NT : NF :: moth : flame :wubbie:
NT : SP :: moth : butterfly :party2:
NT : SJ :: moth : naphthalene :banned:

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
How I do view:
NTs vs. NFs: Pretty much OK, I just hate trying to argue with them, because generally they suck at logic. They can't follow a straight line, they always (more or less) mix up emotions and fact.

NTs vs. SPs: Usually ok, though the Feelers are usually a bit annoying.

NTs vs. SJs: Can only put up with ISTJ's. They complete me, and usually have a form of logic that I respect. The rest of the SJ's annoy me, and I would rather die than have one in a position over me. I loathe law-abiding traditional twits.

They are merely people, they cannot be more then that. NT's can be truth therefore it can be challenging to communicate with people when they do not understand truth.

Agreed.

I think every type has their own strengths and weaknesses and each individual has their own specialties. With that said, I know that there are certain types (generally SPs) that I have trouble communicating/identifying with so I don't normally go out of my way to be around them.

I have the same problem with SJ's. I can spot them from afar, so it isn't usually a problem. I hate the fact that you'll have to carry your goddamn lawbook, the bible and a damn field manual on etiquette any bloody time you happen to be around one. Though this doesn't apply to most ISTJ's I know, I kind of like that temperament. More respect than liking, though.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Ok a SJ invaded and I was like meh, he was helpful and answered a question, all’s good. But now a SP has infiltrated the ranks. I think an NT hazing is in order :thelook:

*ties Jeffster to the thread and pummels him with an in-depth conversation on the tactics of chess*

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Ooh. I like chess. And tactics! HARDER, BABY, HARDER!!

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Eff it! :doh:

Jeffster +1
Trin -1

*stops talking tactics, continues to pummel*

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Shoot file cabinet

Doesn't that seem a bit harsh?

(Yeah, I'll let somebody who has madder skillz than I know that this doesn't appear to be working correctly.)

Oso Mocoso

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Ygolo, I'll be honest with you.

The other types, they're not as smart as us. Or as cool. There's not much they can do about it.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Ygolo, I'll be honest with you.

The other types, they're not as smart as us. Or as cool. There's not much they can do about it.

penis enlargement wont cost the SJ a million

Martoon

perdu fleur par bologne
MBTI Type
INTP
To borrow from Ivy's notation:

NT : NF :: moth : flame :wubbie:
NT : SP :: moth : butterfly :party2:
NT : SJ :: moth : naphthalene :banned:

100% awesome, blue. That was brilliant.

Jeffster, that pic you posted frightens me.

Honestly, I get tired of the place inside my head, because I spend so much time living there. I like to be around other types of people. I sense voids in my psyche, and it's nice to interact with other people who can be what I can't.

NFs have expressive abilities that I admire. Also, they have this kind of holistic approach to processing things. NTs excel at discrete logic, where this is true and this is false, therefore, this implies that, unless the following applies, in which case..., etc. But so much of the world isn't like that. So many things are kind of true, in a certain way, and this is sort of like that, but that tends toward this, in a way that you can't really put your finger on..., etc. An NF can take all these nebulous inputs, and make use of them to come to useful conclusions. They can "feel" their way through it.

SPs are a lot of fun. They see the world and they play with it. They don't get bogged down in overcomplicating things. I have fun interacting with them, but I don't really have deep communication with them, and feel like they probably don't get me. But for the way I interact with them, that doesn't matter much.

I admire and appreciate SJs. They're kind of the glue that keeps the world together, keeps it running. I probably click with this type the least, in interpersonal ways. I really feel like they don't get me. But things feel very stable and secure with them around, because I can count on them. I don't have to second guess things.

Lucifer

MBTI Type
ENTJ
NFs have expressive abilities that I admire. Also, they have this kind of holistic approach to processing things. NTs excel at discrete logic, where this is true and this is false, therefore, this implies that, unless the following applies, in which case..., etc. But so much of the world isn't like that. So many things are kind of true, in a certain way, and this is sort of like that, but that tends toward this, in a way that you can't really put your finger on..., etc. An NF can take all these nebulous inputs, and make use of them to come to useful conclusions. They can "feel" their way through it.

SPs are a lot of fun. They see the world and they play with it. They don't get bogged down in overcomplicating things. I have fun interacting with them, but I don't really have deep communication with them, and feel like they probably don't get me. But for the way I interact with them, that doesn't matter much.

I admire and appreciate SJs. They're kind of the glue that keeps the world together, keeps it running. I probably click with this type the least, in interpersonal ways. I really feel like they don't get me. But things feel very stable and secure with them around, because I can count on them. I don't have to second guess things.

Outside of NT there is no logic other then that of the NF which is merely chaos and in itself is logical. The other two temperments are just wannabes of NT or NF or are in limbo.

redacted

Outside of NT there is no logic other then that of the NF which is merely chaos and in itself is logical. The other two temperments are just wannabes of NT or NF or are in limbo.

Pffft.

I can pwn most NTs at logic.

redacted

You cannot pwn me.

What is your type then ?

Heh, I don't know if I can pwn you. I did say "most" (pwned! :)). Then again, I have the most developed T of any F I've ever met.

I'm an INFJ.

(I was just pointing out that your claim about NT's monopoly over logic definitely doesn't hold in all cases.)

Lucifer

MBTI Type
ENTJ
There is intelligence, and there is logical thinking.

You can be good at math and not be logical. Logical is also a social aspect where, when it comes down to it, NTs are seperate from there emotions, and are hense more logical.

Your type describes you as a "Counsellor" you are a quick thinker and intelligent, but you still relate and base things on peoples feelings, also known as caring about people, or so the story goes.

redacted

There is intelligence, and there is logical thinking.

You can be good at math and not be logical.

Hmm. You mean logical as a state of mind type thing? I guess that's true.

I am very logical, though. My friends call me "Evan-bot" because I'm so obsessed with logic and exactitude.

Logical is also a social aspect where, when it comes down to it, NTs are seperate from there emotions, and are hense more logical.

Separate from emotions is logical? I think it's more logical to factor in emotional reactions and value judgments as merely a specific aspect of reality. You might as well be logical about the full picture instead of separating value judgments out.

Your type describes you as a "Counsellor" you are a quick thinker and intelligent, but you still relate and base things on peoples feelings, also known as caring about people, or so the story goes.

Yes, I definitely care about people and interpret people's feelings quite well. That does not mean I do not have a logical mindset, though.

I actually think I use Ti more readily than Fe anyway, but there's no separate type for Ni/Ti/Fe/Se, so INFJ is my technical type.

Anyway, my point is, I don't think your blanket statement holds in all cases.

Lucifer

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Separate from emotions is logical? I think it's more logical to factor in emotional reactions and value judgments as merely a specific aspect of reality. You might as well be logical about the full picture instead of separating value judgments out.

Please go back and read my last post, the part about counsellors. This above statement proves my point exactly. Logic is defined as pure reason and facts and is universal. The logic you deal with is more of a persnal one. Dealing with human behaviour (which is not always logical) and is the use of feeling and logic, NF, instead of logic and reason, NT.

Blanket statements are blanket statements because they are not 100% true, but sometimes is neccessary for the sake of time to generalize.