User Tag List

First 31112131415 Last

MBTI
    ENTP

Very dislike going through an arguments with SF. Bring up the topic abortion and they focus on the surface of the problem. (many of them do but not all of them)

Banned
    MBTI
    type
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFP

How do you view:
    NTs vs. NFs?
    NTs vs. SPs?
    NTs vs. SJs?[/QUOTE]

NTs vs. NFs: NT's are more logical and much less likrly to see the human side of things than NF's.
    NTs vs SPs: NT's are much more intelligent, disciplined, and sincere than the average SP. I think of them as either manipulative bastard or target practice. I have a lot of bad experience with these.
    NTs vs SJ: NT's are more innovative and often willing to come up with their own ideas than SJ's. The experience depends on the SJ. I positively abhor my ISTJ brother, yet I know a girl who is ESTJ and I adore her. She has a lot less T and a lot less J.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by mortabunt View Post
    NTs vs. NFs: NT's are more logical and much less likrly to see the human side of things than NF's.
    NTs vs SPs: NT's are much more intelligent, disciplined, and sincere than the average SP. I think of them as either manipulative bastard or target practice. I have a lot of bad experience with these.
    NTs vs SJ: NT's are more innovative and often willing to come up with their own ideas than SJ's. The experience depends on the SJ. I positively abhor my ISTJ brother, yet I know a girl who is ESTJ and I adore her. She has a lot less T and a lot less J.

Your statement about SPs is ridiculous. If you think NTs are smarter than SPs on average, it's because you're only considering NT-specific forms of intelligence. I'm sure NTs score higher on average on IQ tests and SATs and so on than SPs, but that's because IQ tests/SATs are biased toward NT-type intelligence tasks. Intelligence is highly multi-faceted and expands geometrically, not linearly.

I suspect that in a field test involving real world tasks and hands-on manipulation of the physical environment, NTs would fail miserably against SPs, and it's a mistake to assume that these kinds of skills don't qualify as some sort of "intelligence."
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    INTJ

Based on personal experience, here's how I relate to other temperaments

Usually get along with: ENTJ, INFJ, INTP
    Varies based on the person: INTJ, ISTJ, ISTP, ENTP, ENFP, ENFJ, INFP
    Will rarely get along with: ESFP, ESTJ, ISFP, ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTP
    Aleph-One, you look like the kind of person who would spend his spare time building a giant robot to hold the government for ransom. -Some Guy on the Internet

MBTI
    ENTP
    Socionics
    ILE

NF: Kool people but they often limit themselves so much with the insistance on being nice. Then again there niceness is nice. They can be amazingly dumb then amazingly intelligent. There intelligence is so polarised it can be really irritating!

SP: My 2 best mates are SP and there great! Both very intelligent though one (an ESFP) doesn't always seem it. So much fun as well as long as they don't have too big an ego! Very useful people to know as if you look after them they look after you! I use my intuition to see when they are going in the wrong direction and though i can never stop them i'm mostly in the right place and time to pick them up. In return they help me out with reality!!!!!

SJ: Hate these guys! There so boring and dull and stupid! Sure they are useful but they just make me want to put a gun to my head. There like dead end alley ways with walls so thick its next to impossible to break though!
    "I'd never die for my beliefs, I might be wrong"

"Is it not enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe there are fairys at the bottom of it too"

"Intelligence is being able to hold too opposing views in the mind at the one time without going crazy" - Now all I need to figure out is if I'm intelligent or crazy!

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

NTs vs. NFs? I have one friend who is an ENFP, and she is quite pleasant to be around, IMHO. Compared to me, (ENTP) she is a lot more energetic and less of a debator. She likes to have everything be comfy and balanced. My best friend is an ENFJ, and yes, I would say she is a lot less confrontational than an NT.
    NTs vs. SPs? I don't think I know any...
    NTs vs. SJs? Both of my parents are SJ's, and they are a lot less calm during quarrels than I am. More things seem to get on their nerves, and they are more vocal if something bothers them. I absolutely hate arguments with SJ's. Generally I could get along with an SJ, but I wouldn't enjoy being married to one.

MBTI
    INTJ

SJs are really pedantic. Don't get me wrong -- I really appreciate the recognition of nuance and detail when it matters, but there are plenty of times when formalism is just mindless formalism, and their matter-of-fact "that's just the way it is" justification of it makes me see red hot hate.

I usually like working with them because they're so reliable, but they turn into something worse than dead weight when the rules get in the way. I swear some of them would put their willies in a lightsocket if it was company or school policy to do so.
    Aleph-One, you look like the kind of person who would spend his spare time building a giant robot to hold the government for ransom. -Some Guy on the Internet

Banned
    MBTI
    type
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    Your statement about SPs is ridiculous. If you think NTs are smarter than SPs on average, it's because you're only considering NT-specific forms of intelligence. I'm sure NTs score higher on average on IQ tests and SATs and so on than SPs, but that's because IQ tests/SATs are biased toward NT-type intelligence tasks. Intelligence is highly multi-faceted and expands geometrically, not linearly.

I suspect that in a field test involving real world tasks and hands-on manipulation of the physical environment, NTs would fail miserably against SPs, and it's a mistake to assume that these kinds of skills don't qualify as some sort of "intelligence."
    Ulysses S. Grant was an NT, and Robert E Lee was an SP. Also, I know about real world object manipulation; I cox racing shells, much to the dismay of my S rowers. They think I'm a retard.

MBTI
    INTx
    Enneagram

NF: Bah humbug. Too illogical and "fuzzy."
    SJ: Authoritarians who do not want to allow me to live my life as I see fit. Additionally the choices they make in control are often short sighted and narrow minded. Decent minions.
    SP: Hedonists. Fly through life without paying attention.
    ENT: Alright. Likeabilty dependent. Often good people.
    INT: Most of the time to be with. Share common goals.

Exceptions abound of course.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

SJ: business pals (no more than that, please)
    SP: I dont understand them, sometimes they seem like liking you and then they stab you in the back; ISTPs are cool I think, they at least know the concept of friendship
    NFs: ENFP is not my world, ENFJ is too much work, INFJ is too rigid / free of wordly matters, INFP I dont understand
    NT: INTP/INTJ hide to much behind their fascades, to really get to know them, ENTJ are to witty for me and ENTPs are too taxing

I like dogs tho
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]