• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] ENTP or ISTP

Chilichimichanga

MBTI Type
ENTP
Ok so I have this really weird confusion between me being an ENTP or ISTP cause I frequently test as both and I can't make sense of it even after reading about the functions, so I could use some help cause the curiosity is just killing me.

Zeego

Mind Wanderer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Have you considered ESTP and INTP?

Chilichimichanga

MBTI Type
ENTP
Yeah but I'm not either. I've seen my INTP friends space out A LOT (Even mid-coversation or while walking beside a road) which almost never happens to me. ESTP doesn't seem to fit as I'm not that impulsive. I prefer to think calmly before taking a risk. I might be going on stereotypes here but well that's all I got

Purple INFJ

MBTI Type
INFJ
Let's get a bit basic here.

Sensors are generally more detail-oriented, more easily aware of what's around them. Intuitives are generally more association-oriented, more attuned to implied data.

Some questions:

1) Are you easily aware of when your clothing is wrinkled?

2) Have you drived? When doing so, are you easily aware of cars around you and things like that?

3) Are you prone to being absent-minded?

Chilichimichanga

MBTI Type
ENTP
Whenever I'm performing some task I am extremely focused on detail otherwise I'm prone to absent minded-ness and spacing out, for example when I'm cycling or something I'm well aware of the sounds of car engines starting (so I stop, move to the side and let the car pass) and stuff but when I'm at home I can miss the doorbell ringing sometimes. I don't mind really abstract concepts either and sometimes enjoy theory just to add.

I am also prone to make stupid sign mistakes in math sums, if this helps in any way

Chilichimichanga

MBTI Type
ENTP
I don't bother about anything other than my hair and that too I just comb it and stuff, sometimes I bother about the clothes I wear. Sometimes.

I just believe that I got to wear something to cover my body from the outside elements and if it looks good then that's an extra lol

Purple INFJ

MBTI Type
INFJ
I don't bother about anything other than my hair and that too I just comb it and stuff, sometimes I bother about the clothes I wear. Sometimes.

I just believe that I got to wear something to cover my body from the outside elements and if it looks good then that's an extra lol

I don't think you're a Sensor. Gotta be an Intuitive.

Are you prone to looking at objects and seeing multiple potential uses for them (Ne) or are you more prone to going into singularized trains of thought (Ni)?

Chilichimichanga

MBTI Type
ENTP
I don't think you're a Sensor. Gotta be an Intuitive. Are you prone to looking at objects and seeing multiple potential uses for them (Ne) or are you more prone to going into singularized trains of thought (Ni)?
I think that's 50-50 kind of. I can see multiple potential then have a singularized train of thought or I can take a singular into multiple trains of thought
But I'm definitely not Ni auxiliary or Dom as I don't really think about long term goals as such

Zeego

Mind Wanderer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I can see multiple potential then have a singularized train of thought or I can take a singular into multiple trains of thought

I'd think most people would be able to do that to some degree.

Purple INFJ

MBTI Type
INFJ
I think that's 50-50 kind of. I can see multiple potential then have a singularized train of thought or I can take a singular into multiple trains of thought
But I'm definitely not Ni auxiliary or Dom as I don't really think about long term goals as such

I should mention here that being an NJ does not mean you can't use Ne, or that being an NP means you can't use Ni. Most Intuitives should be able to use both.

Personally, as an Ni Dom, I can use Ne, but it's the sort of thing that I cannot use in the same sense as my Ni. It's there to allow me to have a balanced perspective, as Ne's width compliments Ni's depth.

Do you consider yourself someone who is prone to randomly experimenting with ideas, or someone who just ponders deeply, developing a geyserlike mass of ideas?

I should mention here that having a function in the Dominant or Auxiliary position makes a difference, as generally, Introverts tend to be more reflective and Extroverts more prone to thinking and/or acting in the moment. Dominant functions can be overwhelming, as we can be prone to overindulging in them, whereas Auxiliary functions can be neglected a bit more, although we can use them to great effect.

While I can use my Fe well, I definitely am prone to spending more time in my Ni as an INFJ.

Purple INFJ

MBTI Type
INFJ
Experimentation more, then when something catches my interest I keep going deeper.

Let's get into Judging functions.

1) Do you find empathy naturally easy, or is it considerably draining for you (or are you somewhere in between)?

2) Have you ever faced a situation where you had to choose whether or not to give a person a tough punishment (eg.: an employee falling behind at work, a friend who failed you, or a girlfriend who cheated on you)? How did you deal with the choice? (obv. answer at your own discretion)

Chilichimichanga

MBTI Type
ENTP
I find empathy draining, sometimes very draining I'd rather have people deal with their own problems, I can and do listen to friends so I can solve their problems though, I still find it annoying however

Well for 2 if my girlfriend cheated on me I'd probably break up no use creating needless drama or keeping her around me
If a friend failed me I'll forgive him, people fail
I'll probably fire that employee after giving a warning, if he doesn't show improvement

Purple INFJ

MBTI Type
INFJ
I find empathy draining, sometimes very draining I'd rather have people deal with their own problems, I can and do listen to friends so I can solve their problems though, I still find it annoying however

Definitely a Thinker, possibly a Thinking Dom. If you prefer Ne, are an Intuitive, and are a Thinking Dom, you might be an INTP.

Well for 2 if my girlfriend cheated on me I'd probably break up no use creating needless drama or keeping her around me
If a friend failed me I'll forgive him, people fail
I'll probably fire that employee after giving a warning, if he doesn't show improvement

Thinkers generally might have an easier time making cold decisions than Feelers. Judging by the first part of this post, I'm pretty sure you're a Thinker.

And no, being a Thinker does not mean you are emotionless, just that you generally feel more comfortable making decisions based on measurable facts (quantitative data) than based on ethical values (qualitative data). It is true, however, that managing other people's emotions can be a challenge for you, especially if you're a Thinking Dom.

But yeah, I think you may be an INTP.

citizen cane

ornery ornithologist
MBTI Type
BIRD
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
What is the velocity of an unladen swallow?

Chilichimichanga

MBTI Type
ENTP
Definitely a Thinker, possibly a Thinking Dom. If you prefer Ne, are an Intuitive, and are a Thinking Dom, you might be an INTP. Thinkers generally might have an easier time making cold decisions than Feelers. Judging by the first part off this post, I'm pretty sure you're a Thinker. And no, being a Thinker does not mean you are emotionless, just that you generally feel more comfortable making decisions based on measurable facts (quantitative data) than based on ethical values (qualitative data). It is true, however, that managing other people's emotions can be a challenge for you, especially if you're a Thinking Dom. But yeah, I think you may be an INTP.
I doubt INTP tbh, cause I'm pretty aware of my surroundings or what goes around me. Plus I like external stimulation, then I can lock myself in a room and read or figure out how stuff works once in a while. Plus I don't really relate to any INTP descriptions or the way my INTP friends are (like I rarely space out relative to them of course) I like to be around people and do things with them and talk with them whenever possible and if not I do them alone