So I have recently gotten interested in the whole MBTI 'thing'. I constantly score as ENTJ. I've tried answering different ways on the 'could go either way' questions and I still score ENTJ. I don't think I have ever gotten anything else. I don't mind this, I enjoy being strong of head, I enjoy not bowing down to people and I enjoy being able to see the bigger picture as it where...
Now, Coming here and reading various threads about ENTJ.. The general consensus seems to be that we are all a-typical masculine males, Loud mouth, Arrogant/Ignorant people who don't listen to anyone. I don't think this is right, Maybe we are just misunderstood because you know what, I hate those types of people too..
So please, Let me explain what I think I am, Where I am coming from.. I'd like to see if other ENTJ's can agree =)
- I do have strong opinions
- I will voice those opinions. However I do my best to listen to any reasoned answer, I don't think I am always right. (Well, Ok, I concede.. I am right until someone can give me a decent reason why I am not..)
- I don't suffer fools gladly
- I will walk away from meaningless conversations (To me meaningless is mundane conversations where no fact is actually exchanged for quite some time, Like chatting about TV Soaps.. why? It's fiction and it's not even very good fiction at that.) However I'd never do it to a friend or someone that has 'proved' themselve to me.
- I don't raise my voice
- I consider my thoughts before I speak
- I will argue a point.. but I think I'm respectful.
- I listen carefully to your response, I validate, I Give my response
- I can take criticism, things don't always have to be done my way, Just give me a reason why yours is better.
- I'm civil, I don't interrupt or laugh etc
That said, I'm not one for trivial social 'nice-ities'
- I'm not a control freak, I respect your opinion, I respect that you can live your life the way you want to.. I just expect a bit of understanding when I tell you why I think you are wrong. If you can take onboard my opinion and give me a decent rebuttal.. You gain respect and and you have a place in my house any day. If you can't, You're a close minded moron?
- I wouldn't say I am goal-chasing or shallow too much. I enjoy nice things, I enjoy having money in the bank, I aspire to better things, However I could do without it.. I just don't see why I should?
I don't set out to take over the world, I agree that if the opportunity was handed to me.. I'd have a go, Wouldn't everyone?
I don't pretend to be good at everything, However I think I am good at leading, explaining and organizing. I don't see why I should have to know every detail of your business and every detail of someone else's business just to be good at getting you working together?
- I care deeply about my friends, and family who have proven themselves worthy (I have a lot of troubled extended family who, Quite honestly.. Aren't really all that worthy of the space they occupy. I don't believe you should love your family unconditionally, They are people too which in turn means they can possibly be complete bastards also..)
Basically, It boils down to this. Everyone is an idiot, a fool, nobody.. Until you prove otherwise. Nothing major, Just prove you know your own mind, That your not in the habit of making things up and I let you in, I consider your ideas and value your input. If on the other hand you have nothing to contribute, You may aswell be mute and invisible as far as I am concerned.
That's not to say you only have 1 chance, You don't, I'm very clear about that I will say "Right, This is your second chance.. Impress me." However, eventually the door does shut and it's your fault you ain't allowed back in. You shouldn't have wasted the chances I gave you.
I guess, Obviously as I am ENTJ I don't really see any problem with any of this. I guess I can come across a bit heavy handed or arrogant.. However it's only to people who don't put any effort in. If your not willing to contribute to something, anything, I don't see why I should waste my time on you?
So yeh.. That covers it all really...
Do other ENTJ's agree?
Do non ENTJ's think otherwise?
Thoughts please =)
P.S. Yes, I spent quite some time organizing this post so it is easy to read. I hate walls of text =(