• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTJ] ENTJ's, Maybe just misunderstood?

LadyJaye

Scream down the boulevard
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
My best friend is an ENTJ, and we get along wonderfully, even when we disagree. She stays very engaged in our friendship, I feel like when I'm talking to her, that she's listening and taking in what I'm saying, so she can then give her opinion. And we can both be blunt with each other, which I really value. I don't have to pretty up what I'm saying to her, because it's understood that the things we say to each other, even if it's not what the other person wants to hear, it's spoken out of genuine concern. We can disagree because it's not the end of the world.

Bougal

HUZZAH!
MBTI Type
ENTP
I think I’m a good and very approachable individual, and I think that ENTJs are simply misunderstood.

I am very opinionated, and I assert those opinions, but I’m not too overbearing. I do think I am right until I am proven wrong, and I can usually persuade others to my way of thinking. If I think someone I respect is questioning my competence, I can try far too hard to try to prove myself to them.

I get along with most people, and most of my peers respect me for taking the reins in group projects and class discussions. I would say I am well liked, and am not seen as being too domineering.

When it comes to meeting people, I try to get to know them without forming preconceptions. I commonly find people who have beautiful personalities, but I don’t connect with intellectually. When I come across someone I can connect with intellectually, I am usually turned off by their arrogance. Because of this I have a wide range of acquaintances, but very few close friends that I can talk and debate with, which is a very important pass time for me. All of these people are very strong Ns.

I can be an internal bitch, and commonly have an urge to say things that are critical and could be perceived as hurtful, but I have learned that that kind of behavior gets me nowhere in life, so I repress it about 85% of the time. In turn, most everyone thinks I’m a sweetheart. When I do unleash my tongue, I think it is warranted, and it is usually because of inefficiency or ignorance. I hate hate HATE both inefficiently and ignorance.

I think that meanness is a sign of a lack of self control.

I like to argue the unpopular unrepresented side of a topic in discussion just for fun. I like for the people I surround my self with to be truly aware of the topic, so I see it as my job to educate them.

I am open minded, and I am always looking to learn, and it is easy for me to forgive and forget.

Lucifer

MBTI Type
ENTJ
This is who I am.
-I believe that most people are idiots and are not worth listening too

-I only listen to people who speak in unbiased factual information, the others
I simply take apart their argument one piece at a time until they cry

-People who care about feelings and soap operas and the like intrigue me then are found to be mainly downright masochists

-I am arrogant and care nothing for people who can not live up to my standards

-I am arrogant because I am good at anything that I set my mind too and no person is my superior

-Simple folk (Guardians and Artisans) are so caught up in themselves it is laughable

-Idealists always look at something from the wrong side, and rationals view something as it should be, simply

-Soceity is a hypocritical joke

-ENTJ and INTJ ARE the evilest types in the way other types describe evil, but we know better, we know evil is something they call what they do not understand and can never accomplish

-We are also the evilest types because we have the power to cause so much `evil` (or good if it was desired)

-I care for only those who share my dream of a world that should be

-I have no patience for the dumb or ignorant

-I am not a racist or sexist, intelligent people and the rest is how I break down the population

-Excuses and defeat is for the weak mind and body

-Victory in any form is the ultimate endeavour, showing it off is close second

-Knowledge is the only universal truth and I wished that eveyone would
understand that there is no God and you are brainashed by the most sinister corperation on the planent:the church

-I have no real wish to destroy men or belittle them, it is just they are so dumb and ignorant about this little world they live in and have no grasp on reality they just ask for it

-they assume they are right when they outnumber someone, when really the fact is they become even more incorrect because they have more morons supporting their beliefs

-I believe everyone should geta vote for every I.Q. they have because there is no way my vote should be equal to Joe Blow`s vote down the street who can only manage to drink alcohol and beat his wife and family in a day.

-homosexuality is opposite to existence and is alot more terrible then people realize

-I feel no reason to live as others do or be controlled by the propganda aimed at people to make them a certain way

-I find things like advertisements to be so hollow, you can see the multi-angled approachthey take to convince people to buy things, and it saddens me that it works

-I want to create a world free of religion and people who cannot help themselves

-I think people should have a chance to succed but in failure they are on their own

-ENTJ and INTJ have a duty to run the world because no one else can, or they can burn it to the ground

-I do not need to rule the world, the world needs me to rule it

Fuent

MBTI Type
ENTP
This is who I am.
-I believe that most poeple are idiots and are not worth listening too

-People who care about feelings and soap operas and the like intrigue me then are found to be mainly downright masochists

-I am arrogant because I am good at anything that I set my mind too and no person is my superior

-Simple folk (Guardians and Artisans) are so caught up in themselves it is laughable

-Idealists always look at something from the wrong side, and rationals view something as it should be, simply

-ENTJ and INTJ ARE the evilest types in the way other types describe evil, but we know better, we know evil is something they call what they do not understand and can never accomplish

-We are also the evilest types because we have the power to cause so much `evil` (or good if it was desired)

-I am not a racist or sexist, intelligent people and the rest is how I break down the population

understand that there is no God and you are brainashed by the most sinister corperation on the planent:the church

-I have no real wish to destroy men or belittle them, it is just they are so dumb and ignorant about this little world they live in and have no grasp on reality they just ask for it

-they assume they are right when they outnumber someone, when really the fact is they become even more incorrect because they have more morons supporting their beliefs

-I believe everyone should geta vote for every I.Q. they have because there is no way my vote should be equal to Joe Blow`s vote down the street who can only manage to drink alcohol and beat his wife and family in a day.

-homosexuality is opposite to existence and is alot more terrible then people realize

-I feel no reason to live as others do or be controlled by the propganda aimed at people to make them a certain way

-I find things like advertisements to be so hollow, you can see the multi-angled approachthey take to convince people to buy things, and it saddens me that it works

-I want to create a world free of religion and people who cannot help themselves

-I think people should have a chance to succed but in failure they are on their own

-ENTJ and INTJ have a duty to run the world because no one else can, or they can burn it to the ground

Lol. Such an angry person.

Gen

MBTI Type
INTP

:shock:

To the OP - this is why ENTJ's are "misunderstood". lol

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
This is who I am.
-I believe that most people are idiots and are not worth listening too

You're a shame for our type.

Lucifer

MBTI Type
ENTJ
It is not my fault you cannot accept who you are FDG.

redacted

I honestly don't have a problem with most of what you said, but I don't get this.

You are very rational, so can you make an argument for this?

To me, it seems like sex is one thing that doesn't affect anyone else. No harm, no foul, right? If they don't want to have biological children, well, who cares?

Lucifer

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Alright,

If you are a man of science, as I am, you will follow this quite easily.
Man has evolved from the smallest micro-organism on this planet, as has all life on this planet, and this life has EVOLVED, being the key word.

Evolution is the process of increasing a creatures ability to survive by adapting to a changing enviroment whether it is the climate or another species.

The only way evolution can exist in mammalian species is by the transfer of genes from a father and mother.

The thing that all creatures on this planet have in common and is the single driving function to this macro-organism that is humanity is:
Survival.

Now on our planet no living creature can exist past a certain time period and it expires once this time period elapses.

You may be asking: "well if everthing dies how can life exist?"

Good question Billy. Well you see that before an organism dies it is driven by a genetic inlay in their instincts to procreate.

Hence the only way from a species to survive is to procreate since a lifeform can only exist for a certain period of time.

This process leads me to the conclusion that homosexuals represent the death of our species. Whether it is a mental or genetic factor, it still exists and is the complete opposite of survival for the species.

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Alright,

Man has evolved from the smallest micro-organism on this planet, as has all life on this planet, and this life has EVOLVED, being the key word.

Evolution is the process of increasing a creatures ability to survive by adapting to a changing enviroment whether it is the climate or another species.

The only way evolution can exist in mammalian species is by the transfer of genes from a father and mother.

The thing that all creatures on this planet have in common and is the single driving function to this macro-organism that is humanity is:
Survival.

Now on our planet no living creature can exist past a certain time period and it expires once this time period elapses.

Good question Billy. Well you see that before an organism dies it is driven by a genetic inlay in their instincts to procreate.

Hence the only way from a species to survive is to procreate since a lifeform can only exist for a certain period of time.

This process leads me to the conclusion that homosexuals represent the death of our species. Whether it is a mental or genetic factor, it still exists and is the complete opposite of survival for the species.

Wrong, wrong and wrong. Biochemist/Molecular Biologist here on dinner break, I simply can't stand to see such fallacies perpetuated as "science".

Evolution has long been used by social darwinists and bigots to justify alienation and persecution of minorities.

Your understanding of evolution and the different facets of evolution is really narrow and... wrong. I am not saying that evolution does not take place. What I'm saying is that factors such as the survival of the fittest/evolution of a species takes place over millions of years. You cannot claim to be a fair judge of what is the "fittest". All you can do is claim that your individual type is the fittest and that is why you should be privileged. i.e. heterosexuals are surviving now, which indicates that we are the strongest, which means that everyone else is weaker. That is the anthropic principle speaking and circular logic. Which, of course, reflects more on your personality than evolution ever could.

Also, "mother" and "father" are extremely fluid (and homo sapiens-specific) terms. You may know that there are quite a few species of reptiles and fish that change sex several times over the course of their lifetime. Or you may not, and persist in thinking of the larger ecological world in terms that can only be applied from a human-centric (and therefore inaccurate) perspective.

You may be interested to know that many species of birds and mammals mate for life in a homosexual fashion. They continue to reproduce with opposite sexes, but biologists have observed that the offspring are raised by the committed homosexual partners. These species thrive and survive too, completely debunking your "theory". I suppose following your logic, because everything is genetic, straight people never have gay children, because it would go against the survival of the species.

I get really annoyed when people claim to be "individuals of science" and then follow it with a whole lot of ill-substantiated and ignorant nonsense about evolution and social darwinism.

/after-dinner rant.

Oh btw, I think after reading this thread that ENTJs are probably as misunderstood as any other type on earth. Some individuals make the stereotype.

Lucifer

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Also, "mother" and "father" are extremely fluid (and homo sapiens-specific) terms. You may know that there are quite a few species of reptiles and fish that change sex several times over the course of their lifetime. Or you may not, and persist in thinking of the larger ecological world in terms that can only be applied from a human-centric (and therefore inaccurate) perspective.

I do believe I said mammalian species and I am aware of the difference from reptilians and used mother and father as a simple reference to gene transfer, another substitute could have been male female.

Also you missed how I said mental or genetic, so you opened up on some comment in my argument that was never made. You insisted I am an idiot because I said "straight families don't have gay children" when I never said anything about that.

My base theory isn't darwinism its the fact that everything tries to survive not that things that do, are in it of themselves their reason for existing because they can. My argument is that everythings purpose is to survive and that homosexuality is counter productive.

Might I add that your dinner has you rather worked up, or that you have a homosexual close to you that you are somehow defending which is hampering your ability to respond.

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I do believe I said mammalian species and I am aware of the difference from reptilians and used mother and father as a simple reference to gene transfer, another substitute could have been male female.

Also you missed how I said mental or genetic, so you opened up on some comment in my argument that was never made. You insisted I am an idiot because I said "straight families don't have gay children" when I never said anything about that.

My base theory isn't darwinism its the fact that everything tries to survive not that things that do, are in it of themselves their reason for existing because they can. My argument is that everythings purpose is to survive and that homosexuality is counter productive.

Might I add that your dinner has you rather worked up, or that you have a homosexual close to you that you are somehow defending which is hampering your ability to respond.
True enough. You did say mammalian, and I'm sorry I raised an irrelevant example. I'd just like to ask though... What makes mammals so special with regards to gene transfer and evolution? Why do we have specific mother/father terms? I still think it goes back to a human-centric view of other species, especially those more closely related to us, i.e. mammals. Reptiles have survived far longer, so by definition they are a lot "fitter", are they not? Should evolution not drive everyone towards being a hermaphrodite? Wouldn't it be a lot more efficient?

Is mental not genetic? Please prove otherwise. Also, in no way did I say that you were an idiot. I did say that you were ignorant. There is a difference. I also did not say that you said that straight families do not have gay children. I used that example to illustrate that "fitness" and "survival" of a species are not dependent on reproduction and genetic transfer alone. If homosexuals were "counter-productive", why is it that it persists and is increasingly observed (in other species apart from homo sapiens too)? Your argument is that: If we survive, we are efficient (you said that evolution was the driving force behind speciation)... Therefore we have to be efficient (heterosexual) to survive. I am just pointing out that it's not true and bad logic.

Actually, I think the fact that two of my best friends are gay does not hamper my argument or response. If anything, it made me more certain that social darwinists are wrong... and that science and evolution must be kept in its scientific context.

Dinner was really spicy though.

Lucifer

MBTI Type
ENTJ
I used the example in mammalian species particularly homo-sapien because that was the question, asking why I believe homosexuals in our culture are wrong.

I cannot stress enough that there is no social darwinist perspective here, although the differences are minimal, it is also key. I am not stating that things that survive are for sure superior, there are other factors that control species and that can come down to mere chance. I am merely expressing the fact that everthing on this planet strives TO survive.

Once more I never said anything was superior to reptiles or vice versa, in which case fish would be a shining example of evolution over time.

An example of genetic in lamens terms would something your born with, born a homosexual.
Where as I used mental to discern such a thing as a girl being beaten to the point where she is no longer attrcted to men and then become a homosexual.

Heterosexuality is essential in our species, for the survival of our species. If male and females are not attracted to each other then they won't procreate and henceforth humanity doesn't survive.

Everything you are criticising my argument for, isnt actually in my argument. You are turning my argument into something it is not.

Please respond if something doesn't fit, because I think you are seeing something else then what I am writing.

What kind of spicy we talking here?

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ENTJs = clearly understood.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Wow, we're starting to have enough ENTJs to observe their maturity levels and possible directions of maturity. I wonder if we could cram a few more in here for observation.

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ENTJs = clearly understood.

Oh, that's rude to say ;) I'm sure many of us are quite hard to understand. At least the innermost thoughts and feelings that hardly ever escapes out into the world ;) But those are few. :D

redacted

Alright,

Survival.

So your same logic would apply to everyone that doesn't have children, not just homosexuals. Correct?

Do you actively hold something against these people? Or do you just think the overall effect is negative?

Lucifer

MBTI Type
ENTJ
I believe they do have an overall effect that is negative, and the same does go for parents ho do not have children, especially western families that do not.