• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTJ] ENTJ's, Maybe just misunderstood?

RandomINTP

Injustice Needs To stoP
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
Absolutely. You may not like what they say and you may hate the way they say it but, it's never veiled in passive-aggressive bullshit or presented as anything more or less than what it actually is.

What you said is actually correct, but the thing is:

The only thing that's absolute is that absolutely everything is relative, and not absolute.
You might think that's a contradiction, because "if that's absolute, then not everything is relative", but that's wrong.
If that's absolute, and everything is relative, then it isn't absolute, but it's relative, and this further proves my point about how everything is relative...

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
What you said is actually correct, but the thing is:

The only thing that's absolute is that absolutely everything is relative, and not absolute.
You might think that's a contradiction, because "if that's absolute, then not everything is relative", but that's wrong.
If that's absolute, and everything is relative, then it isn't absolute, but it's relative, and this further proves my point about how everything is relative...

RandomINTP

Injustice Needs To stoP
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx

:laugh: Pretty funny, but maybe the pig didn't like it. That's what my bunny sounds like when he doesn't like something (not that I do something wrong to him).
And why are you posting this to me?

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
:laugh: Pretty funny, but maybe the pig didn't like it. That's what my bunny sounds like when he doesn't like something (not that I do something wrong to him).
And why are you posting this to me?

Because it's relative.

RandomINTP

Injustice Needs To stoP
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
Because it's relative.

So you're saying it's not absolutely funny, or the opposite, and therefore you are proving my point.
And: It's relative if the pig disliked it or not.
And: It's relative if your picture is a butterfly or a sixpack.
You have just proven my statement 3 times in a post... Amazing.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
So you're saying it's not absolutely funny, or the opposite, and therefore you are proving my point.
And it's relative that you're right about ENTJs or not.

Everything is proven and disproven.

EVERYTHING IS RIGHT AND WRONG!!!!11

/thread

Cygnus

Speaking of "it's all relative"... lol. "Traditional" is in the eye of the beholder. The "traditions" I grew up with were pretty liberal in some regards -- my dad is an INTP and my mom is an INFJ -- and while I disagree with them in many ways, 80% of the time I am loyal to my family and to their values in a way that is stereotypically SJ. It's just that the values in question don't fit in the "traditional" box.

I really hate that so many type descriptions use the word "traditional", for just that reason. It's extremely misleading.

Add to that -- there's no real reason in terms of JCF for the Si function to be associated with "adhering to one's upbrought values." If anything, it's Fi.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Add to that -- there's no real reason in terms of JCF for the Si function to be associated with "adhering to one's upbrought values." If anything, it's Fi.
Exactly! Can't count the number of STJs I know who completely rejected the value system they grew up with because their gut (Fi) told them it was WRONG.

Tippo

MBTI Type
ENTJ

Pointed funny, wins point

sincerelysasquatch

LOL you guys. So much hate. Typical forum, the biggest insult is that of inferior intelligence. Come on, guys. There are worse things than lacking superior intelligence. Intelligence is largely genetic anyway, so it is not something any of us should really take credit for or insult others about. It is not like superior intelligence is something we accomplished or that any of us deserve it more than others, anyway. Honestly, mocking someone for supposedly having inferior intelligence (which I honestly think all of us here are significantly intelligent) is pretty similar to mocking someone for unattractive features, in that both are more or less determined at birth. Intelligence may be influenced by environment but current mainstream theory is that genetics determine a certain capability range. If we are going to insult each other, let's insult each other about character or something that matters, something that is an actual fault with the person. Oh yeah, insults are about things the other is self-conscious about, which is why they work at all. The fact you all get so worked up over intelligence insults means you all are obviously self-conscious about your intelligence. Oops.

Intelligence arguments and insults are what the unpopular middle school kids reverted to.

JClassic

MBTI Type
ENTJ
I understand ENTJ's perfectly. They're awesome :)
Probably the type with whom I've had the fewest negative experiences (biggest negative experience for me is confusion - I never feel confused with these folks).

BUT, there is also the tiny factor that, IME, they tend to be real jerks 'til they get to about their late 20's or 30's... then again, so do most people :laugh:

This is very true, I had to learn more tact as I got older. We tend to offend F types more. I tried to date an F type, and she it me on the first date.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
:heart: ENTJs - especially those that actually are able to laugh at themselves.

Felix5

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Loudmouth? Hmm, I tend to find the S types are the loudest, specifically ST.

All of these personality types have negative stereotypes associated with them, you just have to shake them off and be yourself. You also have to realize that you don't necessarily have to be a certain way just because the paragraph on "PersonalityBlog" told you so. We're all unique individuals and these are merely archetypes. Think about literature. Are all protagonists the same? Are all foils the same?

I have no problems with ENTJs, I do see that they have some flaws. And like most people these are flaws which they can't always see themselves.

Hetaira

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
ENTJ's are a very misunderstood type.

They appear to have the heart of a marshmallow surrounded by 20 ft. iron gate walls.

Brilliant, strategic, wise, all-knowing, intuitive and a degree of fortitude not to be reckoned with.

My ENTJ is very misunderstood by many people. Bless his heart, he is clueless why others in his life are not able to "see" the real, genuine giving man he is.

He would die trying to help someone in his close inner circle.

But to be in that circle, he must know you will never abuse the power he has placed on you to be in that inner circle of trust.

Once burned, he will truly try to destroy that poor individual.

I greatly appreciate the ENTJ more than any type.

Passionate, loving, loyal and heroic.

You ROCK, ENTJ's!! :)

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
ENTJ's are a very misunderstood type.

They appear to have the heart of a marshmallow surrounded by 20 ft. iron gate walls.

Brilliant, strategic, wise, all-knowing, intuitive and a degree of fortitude not to be reckoned with.

My ENTJ is very misunderstood by many people. Bless his heart, he is clueless why others in his life are not able to "see" the real, genuine giving man he is.

He would die trying to help someone in his close inner circle.

But to be in that circle, he must know you will never abuse the power he has placed on you to be in that inner circle of trust.

Once burned, he will truly try to destroy that poor individual.

I greatly appreciate the ENTJ more than any type.

Passionate, loving, loyal and heroic.

You ROCK, ENTJ's!! :)

Do you have any idea what is his enneagram type ? Curious.

Hetaira

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Do you have any idea what is his enneagram type ? Curious.

I am pretty sure he would be a 6w7.

I am a 9w1.

We had a HARD time in the beginning of our time together. I mean, HARD.

He kept coming back for more....

We have both settled into a good pattern. Both of us were very hesitant and distrusting of the other at first.

His first wife racked up $40K of credit cards before he divorced her (he didn't know about them and he was livid.) That was 8 years ago.

My ex continually cheated. Also divorced 8 years ago.

So, we are both VERY picky...and still struggle with being vulnerable.

Your thoughts?

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
I am pretty sure he would be a 6w7.

I am a 9w1.

We had a HARD time in the beginning of our time together. I mean, HARD.

He kept coming back for more....

We have both settled into a good pattern. Both of us were very hesitant and distrusting of the other at first.

His first wife racked up $40K of credit cards before he divorced her (he didn't know about them and he was livid.) That was 8 years ago.

My ex continually cheated. Also divorced 8 years ago.

So, we are both VERY picky...and still struggle with being vulnerable.

Your thoughts?

Just as I said, I am simply curious about how different enneagram types manifest in ENTJ type.

If it means anything 6 and 9 are considered to be natural match. :)