• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTJ] ENTJ's, Maybe just misunderstood?

F

figsfiggyfigs

^ reason with her, use rational statements, usually that gets through to us better.
asking her WHY is usually a good way to start.. i'm sorry i can't help much.

All I know is, when I want to do something, no one can stop me, unless they make a rational point.

LadyJaye

Scream down the boulevard
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
^ reason with her, use rational statements, usually that gets through to us better.
asking her WHY is usually a good way to start.. i'm sorry i can't help much.

All I know is, when I want to do something, no one can stop me, unless they make a rational point.

That's what I'm finding so concerning. I do use rational arguments, highlighting the high potential for health complications and more suffering, but it seems to go well beyond that into " I'm doing it because I WANT TO!", and there's no real arguing with that. I decided I was just going to let her do what she wants, only giving my opinion one good time so she knows how I feel about XYZ, and then let it go, but it rarely ends that way because she always wants me to be totally immersed in what she's doing, like giving me blow-by-blow descriptions of things and talking frequently about the point of disagreement, as a way of wearing me down so she can involve me in it, like having a partner in crime. Perhaps that has nothing to do with type, and more to do with her own personal compulsions. (?)

Thanks for the input. :)

Tippo

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Well, ENTJs are the synthesis of ENTP and INTJ from my experience.
Ignoring the Ne component and say Te pwns all makes no sense.,

Unless, ENTJs considered themselves synthesis of ESTP and INTJ. which is even more laughable.

The most aggressive functions I know are Te, Ne and Se. among them, I find Te the most useless.

I only engage when informed, however it's easy to spot, you are extremely ignorant. Perhaps, you have an axe to grind.... Grow up. And I'm smarter than you.

Tippo

MBTI Type
ENTJ
well, good. I think we can actually agree on something Frank.

If there is any belieft that Te can fight wars, I think we can verify this.
Try going to an african war zone or palestine and see what its like.

And yes, I do enjoy drinking ENTJ blood.

Ugh, you exude hate and jealousy. Your grammar is poor and your vision is unclear other than hatred.

IRL, I'd own you, but we both know, you'd never have the courage to speak openly. You are weak and I'm smarter than you.

Bknight

Lost in the Multiverse
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So would it frighten you to know that the perfect adviser for an ENTJ is often an INTP?

I get the feeling that INTPs would have some serious leadership abilities if they had any inclinations towards it. That, and if they were confident in their decisions, or at least hide their second-guessing. :newwink:

Why do I think this? Abraham Lincoln. 'Nuff said. :newwink:

EDIT: Wow, I feel stupid. Giving just one example was a mistake that I really should have noticed and avoided, especially considering I'm fairly harsh with people that do this.
Anyways, there are quite a few INTPs in my personal life that have either taken on leadership positions and excelled, or would obviously excel if they wanted to lead. That was what I meant and should have put down originally. :)

Last edited:

Tippo

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Jesus was a loudmouth schmuck that got crucified. The end.

Mohammed was a pedophile that fondled little girls and murdered pregnant women and probably killed kittens and ate babies. And you have 1.2 billion people across the world believing his bullshit which he used as an excuse to do that.

Shintoism believes there are little invisible people not just living in the sky--BUT EVERYWHERE! Though frankly, I happen to think this religion is fascinating from an outside-looking-in standpoint just by how there are these tranquil temples and tiny little elaborate shrines in the most out-of-the-way beautiful places I've ever seen in photographs.

Buddhism believes that in order to stop living meaningless existences, we have to lose our humanity!

Hinduism believes in 8-armed naked women being responsible for the creation of the world.

The Greeks and Romans believed their head honcho god was the pimp of pimps that threw lightning bolts when he was drunk.

All religion is bullshit. But all but one don't try to kill people that don't believe in it.

i must be a roman.....

RandomINTP

Injustice Needs To stoP
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
I can totally relate to everything said here.
Everyone is an idiot until proven otherwise.
A fellow INTJ doesn't understand this concept and indirectly calls me stupid. That only proves my point about how stupid people think smart people are stupid.
In a thread about relationships between the INTP and the rest, I wrote that *cliché incoming* ESFJs are stupid. I can explain why and apply that to your statement.

Extroverts concentrate more on the environment and not on themselves.
Sensors concentrate on facts and not on ideas (because they don't have any).
Feelers care about morality and not about logic and competence.
Judgers aren't open to new things and stick to their routine. That means they won't learn much and stick to what they know.

Therefore ESFJ is the stupidest type. They might be the nicest, though (nope, ENFP is). No offense ESFJs, not like you care about intelligence, anyway. I apologize if I offended you anyway, and don't take it personal, cause everyone is different. Now that we got that out of our way, let's go to the statement: How can you prove your intelligence if you don't have any? You can't. It's that simple. ENTJs, support me, please, in case I'm gonna get misunderstood by other people here. Thanks.

Lark

A fellow INTJ doesn't understand this concept and indirectly calls me stupid. That only proves my point about how stupid people think smart people are stupid.
In a thread about relationships between the INTP and the rest, I wrote that *cliché incoming* ESFJs are stupid. I can explain why and apply that to your statement.

Judgers aren't open to new things and stick to their routine. That means they won't learn much and stick to what they know.

Therefore ESFJ is the stupidest type. They might be the nicest, though (nope, ENFP is). No offense ESFJs, not like you care about intelligence, anyway. I apologize if I offended you anyway, and don't take it personal, cause everyone is different. Now that we got that out of our way, let's go to the statement: How can you prove your intelligence if you don't have any? You can't. It's that simple. ENTJs, support me, please, in case I'm gonna get misunderstood by other people here. Thanks.

I think you're wrong about the feeling and judging functions to be honest. Although you're pretty withering and derisory about them all.

á´…eparted

passages

It seems like a lot of people operate this way. I assume most people are of above average intelligence or higher until proven otherwise. It's worked quite well for me actually.

Sensors don't have ideas? Oh that's just completely silly and nothing more than a false stereotype.

Also feels absolutely care about logic and competence. Both of those are a HUGE deal for me, and for a lot of other F's as well. The differences lies in what they use to get to those points.

Your statements here don't even remotely support the notion that ESFJ's are the stupidest type.

You may not want be misunderstood in these regards, but since you're not supporting your arguments with anything of substance, it's going to lead to that.

Tippo

MBTI Type
ENTJ

That's hillarious and good fun, initiating a knife fight prior to gathering your support/defense.
I admire the bravado
Yes, everyone is different, each of us has the possibility of being great. All here, searching for new information should grasp reflection/improvement.
Irl, the world is blessed with morons.

BadOctopus

Suave y Fuerte
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Every post you have made sounds like it's from an ESTJ.
Every post you have made reveals your own personal prejudices, and have no basis in any demonstrable facts.

Cygnus

Every post you have made reveals your own personal prejudices, and have no basis in any demonstrable facts.

BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNEEEEEEEEEEEEDDDDDDDDDDDD!!

Bush

cute lil war dog
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
It's pretty hard to misunderstand blunt, direct people.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
It's pretty hard to misunderstand blunt, direct people.

Absolutely. You may not like what they say and you may hate the way they say it but, it's never veiled in passive-aggressive bullshit or presented as anything more or less than what it actually is.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

Somehow I think I'll survive being called mistyped by someone who identifies as an INTP 7w1.
[MENTION=4945]EJCC[/MENTION] do I still get baby Te street cred for this? :D

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Exasperated ENFP = ESTJ lookalike.

Exasperated ESTJ = even more freaking ESTJ than they were before.

(No idea why that works the way it does, but w/e)

Somehow I think I'll survive being called mistyped by someone who identifies as an INTP 7w1.

[MENTION=4945]EJCC[/MENTION] do I still get baby Te street cred for this? :D
Oh hell yes. \m/