User Tag List

First 111920212223 Last

Results 201 to 210 of 223

  1. #201
    Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5,784

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RandomINTP View Post
    Everyone is an idiot until proven otherwise.
    Definitely convincing me.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

    Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.
    Likes Chanaynay liked this post

  2. #202
    Injustice Needs To stoP RandomINTP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx
    Posts
    389

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    Absolutely. You may not like what they say and you may hate the way they say it but, it's never veiled in passive-aggressive bullshit or presented as anything more or less than what it actually is.
    What you said is actually correct, but the thing is:

    The only thing that's absolute is that absolutely everything is relative, and not absolute.
    You might think that's a contradiction, because "if that's absolute, then not everything is relative", but that's wrong.
    If that's absolute, and everything is relative, then it isn't absolute, but it's relative, and this further proves my point about how everything is relative...
    MBTI:
    Alignment: Chaotic-Neutral
    Sins: Pride > Sloth > Gluttony > Wrath > Greed > Lust > Envy

    "Only two things are infinite. The universe, and human stupidity, but I'm not sure about the former." -Albert Einstein
    "You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -Dr. Seuss
    "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -J. K. Rowling

  3. #203
    Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5,784

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RandomINTP View Post
    What you said is actually correct, but the thing is:

    The only thing that's absolute is that absolutely everything is relative, and not absolute.
    You might think that's a contradiction, because "if that's absolute, then not everything is relative", but that's wrong.
    If that's absolute, and everything is relative, then it isn't absolute, but it's relative, and this further proves my point about how everything is relative...
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

    Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

  4. #204
    Injustice Needs To stoP RandomINTP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx
    Posts
    389

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AffirmitiveAnxiety View Post
    Pretty funny, but maybe the pig didn't like it. That's what my bunny sounds like when he doesn't like something (not that I do something wrong to him).
    And why are you posting this to me?
    MBTI:
    Alignment: Chaotic-Neutral
    Sins: Pride > Sloth > Gluttony > Wrath > Greed > Lust > Envy

    "Only two things are infinite. The universe, and human stupidity, but I'm not sure about the former." -Albert Einstein
    "You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -Dr. Seuss
    "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -J. K. Rowling

  5. #205
    Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5,784

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RandomINTP View Post
    Pretty funny, but maybe the pig didn't like it. That's what my bunny sounds like when he doesn't like something (not that I do something wrong to him).
    And why are you posting this to me?
    Because it's relative.

    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

    Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

  6. #206
    Injustice Needs To stoP RandomINTP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx
    Posts
    389

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AffirmitiveAnxiety View Post
    Because it's relative.

    So you're saying it's not absolutely funny, or the opposite, and therefore you are proving my point.
    And: It's relative if the pig disliked it or not.
    And: It's relative if your picture is a butterfly or a sixpack.
    You have just proven my statement 3 times in a post... Amazing.
    MBTI:
    Alignment: Chaotic-Neutral
    Sins: Pride > Sloth > Gluttony > Wrath > Greed > Lust > Envy

    "Only two things are infinite. The universe, and human stupidity, but I'm not sure about the former." -Albert Einstein
    "You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -Dr. Seuss
    "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -J. K. Rowling

  7. #207
    [boulder][bolder] EJCC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx
    Posts
    18,261

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RandomINTP View Post
    So you're saying it's not absolutely funny, or the opposite, and therefore you are proving my point.
    And: It's relative if the pig disliked it or not.
    And: It's relative if your picture is a butterfly or a sixpack.
    You have just proven my statement 3 times in a post... Amazing.
    And it's relative that you're right about ENTJs or not.

    Everything is proven and disproven.

    EVERYTHING IS RIGHT AND WRONG!!!!11

    /thread
    EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

    ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    lawful good (D&D) / ravenclaw + wampus (HP) / boros legion (M:TG)
    conscientious > sensitive > serious (oldham)
    want to ask me something? go for it!
    Likes Wind Up Rex liked this post

  8. #208
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,628

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AffirmitiveAnxiety View Post
    I ar EEENTEEJAY I mak biznizz.
    i sooperiur maztur raec 2 awl teh stoopid eeyessseffjey zensir idyutz

    we gunna driev le infeariur tipes baqk 2 helll!!!!!
    Likes Cellmold liked this post

  9. #209
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,628

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    Speaking of "it's all relative"... lol. "Traditional" is in the eye of the beholder. The "traditions" I grew up with were pretty liberal in some regards -- my dad is an INTP and my mom is an INFJ -- and while I disagree with them in many ways, 80% of the time I am loyal to my family and to their values in a way that is stereotypically SJ. It's just that the values in question don't fit in the "traditional" box.

    I really hate that so many type descriptions use the word "traditional", for just that reason. It's extremely misleading.

    Add to that -- there's no real reason in terms of JCF for the Si function to be associated with "adhering to one's upbrought values." If anything, it's Fi.
    Likes EJCC liked this post

  10. #210
    [boulder][bolder] EJCC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx
    Posts
    18,261

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cygnus View Post
    Add to that -- there's no real reason in terms of JCF for the Si function to be associated with "adhering to one's upbrought values." If anything, it's Fi.
    Exactly! Can't count the number of STJs I know who completely rejected the value system they grew up with because their gut (Fi) told them it was WRONG.
    EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

    ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    lawful good (D&D) / ravenclaw + wampus (HP) / boros legion (M:TG)
    conscientious > sensitive > serious (oldham)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-22-2015, 05:37 PM
  2. [ISFJ] maybe just a wierd isfj?
    By toluene in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-30-2014, 11:02 PM
  3. [NT] ENTJs (or maybe NTs) - always being told to "calm down"?
    By theplacesyoullgo in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 01-11-2010, 03:57 AM
  4. "I think I'm smart, maybe just sad."
    By DylanKerouac in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 02-25-2009, 04:17 PM
  5. So, just HOW misunderstood will I be here?
    By INTJewel in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 07-25-2007, 06:44 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO