User Tag List

Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: ENTJ's, Maybe just misunderstood?

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by spx View Post
    Well, I was going to suggest to Gen that perhaps this was a J/P clash with the ENTJ wanting to get down to business asap, but now I'm thinking this is just an E/I thing. I still don't understand what's wrong with the "right until proven wrong"--shouldn't all NTs understand that logical reasons are more convincing than any other approach? but I guess it goes back more to your dislike of being 'put on the spot'. Thanks, this was insightful.
    It's not that we take issue with your strictly logical approach. (Nor is it just an E/I thing nor even a P/J thing - I've seen ENTJs antagonize other ENTJs!) It's that you're not always perfectly right from the outset, and it behooves you to solicit the input of people who might be able to point out to you any imperfections of your initial opinion with an acknowledgment of this fact rather than to present the opinion as incontestable. Competent people, whether NT or not, appreciate deference.

Aggravating approach: "Let's do x! *starts to do x* ... Wait? Why wait? *continues to do x* ... Fine, I'm waiting! What's the problem? *cold, unsmiling stare* ... Oh. ... Let's do z instead then! *starts to do z*"

Amiable approach: "I'm thinking we should do x because of y, but I could very well be missing something and so I would appreciate your input. What do you think? ... So how does that affect the bottom line? ... I see; thanks for pointing that out. ... What if we did z instead?"

Of course, the latter democratic approach entails slowdown, so its relative effectiveness hinges on the ratio of worthwhile to worthless input from others which is why I emphasize that I am recommending its use only with those who are in fact your equals or close to it. Such discrimination in itself implicitly entails another slowdown because you have to pause to perceive and reflect long enough and often enough in order to accurately identify the people on whom to bestow the honor. But trust me, you impatient ENTJs, what you will lose in deliberation time you will more than make up for in end product efficacy.
    Last edited by Economica; 06-20-2009 at 05:17 AM. Reason: Added the parenthesis and another sentence.

Senior Member Array
    MBTI
    ENTJ

ENTJ's are misunderstood when they try to be understood too much.

If anyone doesn't get it, send them away and don't waste time trying to please them.

my floof is luxury Array Wind Up Rex's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Lucifer--

Obviously the meaning of life is subjective.
    Why not cut to the chase and state such, to begin with?
    Shoot straight or get rid of the gun.
    I like you, Jaguar. You talk like I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Qre:us View Post
    And, I'm not exaggerating, but, she's the most sweetest person I've ever met in my life. Everyone who has met her, can't not think of her as sweet. We always joke, "Who'd ever wanna hurt [ENTJ]?" She'd be the last person on this earth who I'd think can make an enemy.

I was actually quite shocked that she was ENTJ, I def. thought she was ENFJ...but, nope.
    If outsiders see my friend and I interacting, they'd think I had the more dominant personality. Because I talk/joke around way more than her. She loves to laugh, in return. She's more the sounding board in a conversation between us...maybe that's the dynamics of ENTP/ENTJ? ENTJ are the 'quieter', more receptive one.

The more you know her, the more you see the silent, strong determination of the ENTJ. Like, if she needs something done, she will nicely, but, with determination approach to get that done. No ifs ands or buts. Peer pressure is like non-stick spray on her. She never drank, smoked, etc...and no matter how many chances arise, how many people say, 'oh come on, just to say you've done it once', she never will.
    I think that adjectives used in MBTI allows people to have, from their own basket of memories, an 'image' that fit that adjective. So, 'strong, determined'...most likely have images of an unbudging control freak, when, it could very well be the sweet girl next door.

I think it's funny that you bring this up Que;us. I think one of the worst things about being ENTj and female is the fact that we have all the same urges and impulses, but even less cultural leeway to express it. Where I'm from girls don't talk back, they don't get overly interested in books and they sure the hell don't make people feel stupid. You spend your life being a freak or a bitch or both.

But there are still mountains to climb and pet projects to launch, so you work around obstacles. Even if that means yourself. You go out of your way to appear light and funny. You pretend to be interested even though youre always ten steps ahead to the person your talking to. You keep the animal out of your eyes because it frightens people when youre too much yourself, and at this point youve sorted out that its difficult to run an operation without lieutenants--unwitting or otherwise.

It's fucked up, but you learn and move forward. I read The Prince when I was 14, and I remember it bringing tears to my eyes because I realized I wasn't alone. You get your shit together, do what's necessary and keep rollin. Thats it.

Anyways. I know I got kinda . But I figured I was in sympathetic company so what the fuck.

figsfiggyfigs

I kinda love this thread...

btw, there is always something to be learned, even from people who do not met your intellectual standard.

MBTI
    INFP

A mature ENTJ is a thing of wonder. I miss him.

Member Array
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILI

So does ENTJ & INTP use the same dominant and secondary functions in the same way?
    Let The Revolution Begin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Habitual Fi LineStepper Array JocktheMotie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by olly_olly View Post
    So does ENTJ & INTP use the same dominant and secondary functions in the same way?
    They flip directions. So while INTPs are TiNeSiFe, ENTJs are TeNiSeFi. Same "letter" order, just opposite orientations in terms of introverted/extraverted.

Member Array
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILI

Ohhhh OK I should probably start reading about all the Ti Ne etc.. so i can understand things on here quickly.
    Let The Revolution Begin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Socionics
    LIE

Default Yup

Quote Originally Posted by Wind-up Rex View Post
    I read The Prince when I was 14, and I remember it bringing tears to my eyes because I realized I wasn't alone. You get your shit together, do what's necessary and keep rollin. Thats it.

Anyways. I know I got kinda . But I figured I was in sympathetic company so what the fuck.
    Word to the mother@#$*ing streets, yo. I'm with ya.

Scream down the boulevard Array LadyJaye's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sx

I have a motivation question : I have an ENTJ best friend who tends to lean toward dysmorphic behavior - she's obsessed with altering her body, but has been in fragile health for years. Her last surgery ( last month) was necessary to repair a wrist from a motorcycle accident, and she had heart complications from it. But now that she's repairing a little, she's talking about more elective surgeries. She's extremely willful, and I'm worried about her. I have trouble slowing her down sometimes, and was curious if any other ENTJ's had some ideas of how I might get her to stop abusing her body so much?

Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast