User Tag List

Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 222

Thread: ENTJ's, Maybe just misunderstood?

  1. #161
    Senior Member Array Jaguar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    11,154

    Default

    Lucifer--

    Obviously the meaning of life is subjective.
    Why not cut to the chase and state such, to begin with?
    Shoot straight or get rid of the gun.

    The atrocities committed in the name of religion are so numerous,
    I wouldn't be satisfied with claiming it creates a singular false meaning.
    You are being too kind.
    From this hour I ordain myself loos’d of limits and imaginary lines.

  2. #162
    Senior Member Array Lucifer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Posts
    246

    Default

    You are running out of ways to refute my argument and are now merely saying I should have said it faster?
    Evan clearly has caught what was said by first post, and I refer you to him in the future so he can translate words into thought for you.

    I do not have the time to go over everything that religion, in its many forms, has done because it is a long list.
    I say religion generically, instead of speaking of a single belief, because the majority push the same drug.

    I have no vision? I think you should read your signature, and think hard.
    This world is mine - in time.

  3. #163
    . Array Blank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Posts
    1,202

    Default

    It's all okay, Jaguar just misunderstood you.

    Puns definitely intended.
    Ti = 19 [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Te = 16[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Ne = 16[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Fi = 15 [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Si = 12 [][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Ni = 12 [][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Se = 11[][][][][][][][][][][]
    Fe = 0

    -----------------
    Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly;
    Man got to sit and wonder why, why, why;
    Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land;
    Man got to tell himself he understand

  4. #164
    Senior Member Array Jaguar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    11,154

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucifer View Post
    You are running out of ways to refute my argument and are now merely saying I should have said it faster?
    What is this, Romper Room?

    "If people could learn to take solace in the fact that there is not meaning to life"

    That quote claims X is a "fact" when no such proof exists.
    Opinions are not facts, no matter what you think.
    But then your thoughts aren't much of anything, in this thread.
    Just double-talking bullshit, masquerading as substance.


    1) ENTJ's don't write : "the world is mine, in time."
    2) ENTJ's main priority is not "refuting arguments."

    You are an unhealthy ENTP if there ever was one.
    Quit posing as an ENTJ.
    From this hour I ordain myself loos’d of limits and imaginary lines.

  5. #165

    Default

    I'm hoping this Lucifer guy is still 17 or something, hormones raging and all that.

  6. #166
    Senior Member Array Jaguar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    11,154

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ace_ View Post
    I'm hoping this Lucifer guy is still 17 or something, hormones raging and all that.
    He's a little college kid.
    Check his profile.
    From this hour I ordain myself loos’d of limits and imaginary lines.

  7. #167
    Senior Member Array Lucifer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Posts
    246

    Default

    Ho hum.
    The fact is that there not a meaning to life. When I say this, as I have before it refers to no singular meaning, no singular truth. This was directed at religion in particular but is not limited to it.
    We will never understand how matter came in to existence, before the Big Bang.
    That one statement proves we cannot ever know everything.
    If there is uncertainty then there is absence of the truth or inability to find it.
    If the truth is absent then something else must take it`s place: acceptance or lies.
    I do not understand why you continue to avoid this.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    That quote claims X is a "fact" when no such proof exists.
    Really? Prove the meaning of life. Whatever you say is going to be subjective, because there is no universal meaning of life.
    You could say the meaning of life is to find your own meaning of life, which I would be much more on board with, but even that lacks proof.

    My whole argument has been based on the fact that there is no meaning of life, that can be proved and given to everyone. The only true meaning I could find, would be survival, which in it of itself lends it to a subjective meaning. How will you survive? Where will you survive? and so forth.

    My signature is a quote from the character Lucifer (imagine that) in the movie Constantine.
    This world is mine - in time.

  8. #168

    Default

    Oh yeah, and ENTJs are NOT misunderstood. If there's anything I take pride in myself it's the clarity of my communication. My thoughts are precise and unambiguous and I adjust my language to my audience. If I'm talking to an idiot I will use words he understands. If I know him for a while I'll intuitively know what he is able to understand and accomplish. I am rarely wrong about assessing other people's abilities. It's one of the strengths of the ENTJ type to see the potential in people.

  9. #169
    Senior Member Array Jaguar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    11,154

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucifer View Post
    Ho hum.
    Ho hum?
    That's real ENTJ communication style.

    My whole argument [...]
    What is your goal-- your purpose?
    There is no purpose in making an "argument" unless making arguments is your purpose.
    Every time I call you out on your bullshit, you start back-pedaling.
    I said it once, and I will say it again:
    Your opinions are not facts.
    Period.

    "[...] before the Big Bang [...]" is another opinion being passed off as fact.
    The Big Bang is a theory; it is not a fact.

    My signature is a quote from the character Lucifer (imagine that) in the movie Constantine.
    What's next-- claiming people use quotes in their sig line,
    with which they disagree?
    Of course you agree with it.
    That's why it's in your sig line.

    Do something productive today: Go read a book.
    From this hour I ordain myself loos’d of limits and imaginary lines.

  10. #170
    Junior Member Array
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Posts
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Economica View Post
    the right-until-proven-wrong attitude: She will put forward an idea or a viewpoint and will want to act on it immediately. I may instantly have my doubts but will often need time to crystallize my objection before I can convince her. She will accept that she needs to wait for me to do so but in the meantime she will exude an impatience that I'm sure less headstrong people than I find either too intimidating or too annoying or both for them to bother to provide their input, because the fact that she will openly and ungrudgingly acknowledge it when I turn out to be right (which is an improvement over INTJs!) is not enough to compensate for the resentment I feel at her initial impatience on account of the needless pressure it puts me under.

    I've seen this with other ENTJs as well. Their steamroller approach turns people off for a variety of reasons (in my case, it's not so much the arrogance - I give as good as I get on that score - as the fact that my performance suffers when I'm put on the spot) and they therefore miss out on quality input that a more patient, self-doubting and open approach would in many cases yield
    ...
    If you're an ENTJ and you disagree that there are many exceptions, then you're either in an understimulating environment (which you can do something about (unless you're too young, but then take this opportunity to practice patience! )) or you can be sure that your attitude is turning off the people who could provide you with quality input.
    Well, I was going to suggest to Gen that perhaps this was a J/P clash with the ENTJ wanting to get down to business asap, but now I'm thinking this is just an E/I thing. I still don't understand what's wrong with the "right until proven wrong"--shouldn't all NTs understand that logical reasons are more convincing than any other approach? but I guess it goes back more to your dislike of being 'put on the spot'. Thanks, this was insightful.

Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-22-2015, 05:37 PM
  2. [ISFJ] maybe just a wierd isfj?
    By toluene in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-30-2014, 11:02 PM
  3. [NT] ENTJs (or maybe NTs) - always being told to "calm down"?
    By theplacesyoullgo in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 01-11-2010, 03:57 AM
  4. "I think I'm smart, maybe just sad."
    By DylanKerouac in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 02-25-2009, 04:17 PM
  5. So, just HOW misunderstood will I be here?
    By INTJewel in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 07-25-2007, 06:44 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •