User Tag List

Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: ENTJ's, Maybe just misunderstood?

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

A predator cat seems like it would win against some condensed water vapor and various particles... Even so the cloud could easily win due to the cat getting bored of not being able to actually do anything to it.

I know that was a super lame post, but it's getting to be a bit late and I should be getting some sleep.
    () 9w8-4w3-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

Phoenix Incarnate Array Sentura's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENXP
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    And who said I'm really an ENTJ?

For the record, I think MBTI theory is severely flawed.
    I value S as much as I value N. (well, almost. Lol.)
    S brings N into reality. Without S, N can do nothing but remain an idea.
    I do not subscribe to the bipolar theory or forced-choice questions.

I think the Singer-Loomis women did it right by testing the MBTI assumptions,
    and proving they are utter bullshit.
    That's why they created the SL-TDI.
    No forced-choice questions.
    The function combinations are endless and individualistic.
    (In other words-- reality!)

I think MBTI obliterates our greatest gold: gifted kids.
    A truly gifted kid would never fall into a 16-type category.
    IMO their function order would be quite unique.

I don't believe for one minute that all ENTJ's have the same exact function order.
    MBTI just wants you to think that, so it's marketable to the masses.

I might score an ENTJ on a stupid online test,
    but that doesn't make me an ENTJ now does it?
    Nope.

I hate labels. I love truth.
    And the truth, is in the function order.
    Not the label.

Okay, I'm going back to being my usual cut-to-the-chase person.
    My post was too long!

P.S. I have no desire to take over the world.
    I do, however, wish the world would get its act together.
    as much as i hate to do this, i have to beat your rant to death with arguments. just kidding, i love doing this.

i agree that the test is flawed because of the lack of dimension, but you have to take the results with a grain of salt. you instead choose to go fully go by the test as if it were the complete and final truth. our progress into mind research isn't complete; hell, there might even be functions and function orders we don't know about or even ones that we cannot possibly conceive - how do you expect personality types to be exact at this point? they are, at best, a guide - not an end point.

you say that S brings N into the world - i disagree. NT brings NF ideas into the world, whereas S just upholds those ideas once they become standard. S has little patience for new ideas and would much rather just stay conservative; because that's what S does best. S is the embodiment of an organized unchanging society. but without N, we would never have gotten out of the caves in the first place.

to me you seem like a person who has had the wrong first impression of something and has since then held an unforgiving grudge against it. while the MBTI isn't perfect, it is good enough to use as a directive. there is bound to be at least some truth in all of it; how else would people agree with their type? if you're going to disregard every test as long as it isn't perfect and holds all dimensions of the mind, you might as well just not test yourself and go on with your life; taking the blue pill as it were.

i too love truth, but i am a reasonable man. i know that for every truth uncovered there will be a thousand new questions asked. i don't believe there is an end to the amount of knowledge you can possibly realize. realizing all the truths in the entire universe - no, in the entire of the system of universes and worlds we live in - is impossible so long as we are human. finding every truth would be like reaching perfection - but perfection is a man made concept; it does not exist outside of our minds.

ironic isn't it; the more you know, the more you realize that you don't know anything.
    i hunt INXPs for bounty
    FUNCTION ORDER FOR THOSE THAT CANNOT UNDERSTAND WHAT ENXP MEANS: Ne > Ni > Fi=Ti > *

...people tell me i have wildfires in my eyes

Quote Originally Posted by Sentura View Post
    you instead choose to go fully go by the test as if it were the complete and final truth.
    You have that backwards.
    I don't think it's any kind of truth--complete or otherwise.

hell, there might even be functions and function orders we don't know about or even ones that we cannot possibly conceive
    "Might"?
    What you think is a maybe, I already accept as a given.

There is no function order that would surprise me whatsoever,
    since I have always thought that any combination is indeed possible.
    My thoughts run completely opposite to those women who created MBTI.

Hell, if anything, the MBTI tells me more about the two people who created it,
    than those who take it.
    They imposed their own personal beliefs, and created a framework to support them.
    They purposely created a test, where no matter how a person answers,
    their real function order remains unknown.
    And in place of reality, they have assigned a pre-packaged function order.
    Even more amazing is, people actually believe it.

This is why Singer-Loomis decided to test the assumptions of MBTI,
    and of course found them not to be true.
    They then created a test which allowed for any function order.
    No restrictions at all.
    Ergo, Singer and Loomis actually gave a crap about what is true.
    They then created the SL-TDI.

S is the embodiment of an organized unchanging society. but without N, we would never have gotten out of the caves in the first place.
    Is that all you think S is? Aw, come on now.
    Open your mind, buddy.

if you're going to disregard every test as long as it isn't perfect and holds all dimensions of the mind, you might as well just not test yourself and go on with your life; taking the blue pill as it were.
    Well we know that's a crock since I already told you about a test that I approve of: Singer-Loomis SL-TDI.
    The test removed MBTI's restrictive nonsense and allows for full disclosure of a person's real function order.

Balking at MBTI doesn't make someone a perfectionist, it tells me they can actually think for themselves,
    and know better than to accept any theory as true, just because it's "popular."

ironic isn't it; the more you know, the more you realize that you don't know anything.
    You said it.
    I didn't.
    From this hour I ordain myself loos’d of limits and imaginary lines.

Banned Array

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post

You said it.
    I didn't.
    Actually, it was Socrates.

Lol.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Kangirl View Post
    Oh, yes. Even seeing the word 'project' in your post gave me a little thrill.
    Made me have a tiny orgasm.

Senior Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Salt n' pepper View Post
    Made me have a tiny orgasm.
    Tiny? What's wrong with you woman?

to me you seem like a person who has had the wrong first impression of something and has since then held an unforgiving grudge against it. there is bound to be at least some truth in all of it; how else would people agree with their type?

My first impression was based upon what I yelled at my screen while trying to answer each question:
    Both! Both! Both!

And what I was yelling "both" to, was what I know now to be the S/N polarity.
    Yes, you can score both equally, given the right test.
    On Lenore Thompson's inventory, I scored S=7 N=7 giving me an X of course, in the type result.
    So for you to suggest that there is "truth" in someone's,
    type because they see themselves in the type is silly,
    since I can see parts of myself in all 4 descriptions of ENTJ, ESTJ, ENTP, ESTP.
    None of them alone, are really me.
    (BTW, yes I have actually tested as all 4 of those, depending on which test I took.)

I also frequently test as neither left or right brained, but bilateral.
    You see, if you really are "something"-- whatever you wish to label yourelf--
    there should be corroborating evidence in many places.
    My politics are no different. I call myself neither Dem or Rep.
    I'm independent. I see value in some Dem issues as well as Repub issues.
    But neither of which is a party I should belong to since there are views in each party I am emphatically against.
    Seriously, there are some people who do not fit into any single MBTI type.
    I'm one of them.

So I could read all 4 Types--ENTJ, ESTJ, ENTP, ESTP that I tested as,
    and easily say of each:
    Okay that part is me, but this part is the opposite of me.
    It's all about S/N .
    Both are true of me together, yet neither are true of me alone.

I constantly find myself saying of others:
    Damn he needs more S or, damn she needs more N.
    It's about balance.

Junior Member Array
    MBTI
    ENTJ

As I do agree with most of what you said, there are some statements I would like you to reconsider.

You must not wish to create a world free the people that aren't like you. Even within individuals that may cost more than they are worth exists opportunity. Perhaps inside one of these people lies an incredible cancer fighting agent, or perhaps a psychiatric patient reveals the equation for warp travel because his brain was able to put all of the pieces together in a way a normal brain couldn't or never would be able to.

Homosexuality is not the end of our species, nor is it a sign that the end is near, far away, or correlates to any point at all in reference to the end of our species. If homosexuality is not just a defect that happens from time to time, it is of little significance because the trait can not be passed on in abundance. Whether it is a dominant trait, as is Achondroplasia (Dwarfism/"Midgets"), or a recessive trait, those that express it do not reproduce. Hence, homosexuality will probably always be a part of our society, but in low abundance. Consider it population control until we find a cure for it. And to the homosexuals out there, that last statement was not saying there is something wrong with you, only that the trait you have is not consistent with evolutionary progress and must be dealt with for the greater good of the gene pool. You were born the way you were, but I doubt that you would want anyone to be subjected to the treatment or high suicide rates of homosexuals. At the very least, there should be the option of a medical cure for those who would like it.

I do not agree with religion or how it has been used. However, it is necessary in the time we live in. For the citizens of the world who are not as enlightened as some of the rest of us, religion is the only thing stopping them from tearing this planet apart. Religion is the single best deterrent to crime (as an ENTJ you probably realized this trend long ago). The laws that we follow in most of the advanced countries of the world stem from religious laws. I would agree that the major laws are good and worth following. Religion gives us the ideas of "Right and Wrong." Right and wrong for the most part keep people from becoming criminals, not necessarily laws. A mixture religion with a proper grasp of science would be optimal for society.

Feelings and emotions are necessary and even you have them. They probably only show up when you feel they are actually deserved (in extreme situations) in the form of sympathy or more probably anger and distrust. However, studies have been done and found that feelings and emotions are necessary to make any decision (as found by monitoring people with no emotions). Feelings and emotions should be kept to a minimum in those that express them abundantly, due to their frequent irrationality. Be grateful for the gift that your emotions don't control you.

In conclusion:

-The human race needs diversity to progress as fast as possible. Increased diversity drives advances in every field.

-Because diversity is necessary to advance the human race; religion is necessary to keep the diverse community from destroying our planet. I highly doubt logical reasoning of why laws are necessary would work as well.

-Everyone has emotions, they enable us to make decisions. Keep them to a minimum when you can. Emotional people are necessary to keep the gene pool as diverse as possible.

-Homosexuality is not a tool that will bring about the end of humanity. Homosexuality is seen in nearly all mammalian species, our species has just taken it to another level. Without medical treatments it will continue to exist only in low abundance. It is not a terrible or catastrophic phenomenon.

*Richard Nixon created the EPA, Welfare, and CHIP (a plan to give health insurance to all children in the United States for as low a cost as possible if not for free). He introduced Pro-Integration Legislation, Anti-Sexual Discrimination Legislation, and Ended the Military Draft of his time. What a bad guy, and not bad for an ENTJ.*

-Call me Raytheon

Junior Member Array
    MBTI
    ENTJ

This was a reply to a much earlier post by Lucifer in 2008.

Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast