User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Default Ever Wondered why ISTPs can seem similar to us?

I have always found the ISTPs I meet to be pretty similar to us superficially at least, I've always wondered why. I mean I like to get my hands dirty and to find out how stuff works but still wondering how this is possible
    I even tested ISTP twice

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

ISTPs tend to reduce me to a stammering idiot.
    Likes geedoenfj liked this post

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    639 so/sp
    Socionics
    LII

Meh.
    Only rarely sexual ENTPs and ESTPs, especially if enneagram 8.
    What you're describing is just Ti+Pe (both Ne or Se).
    I don't think that it's so personal
    Anymore
    I don't think that it's irreversible
    Anymore
    Sometimes I feel like I'm a sentimental trooper.

6w5 - 3w4 - 9w1 so/sp
    RLUEI
    Chaotic neutral.
    LII-Ne.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

Quote Originally Posted by AGameOfChance View Post
    ISTPs tend to reduce me to a stammering idiot.
    That's pretty much what my ENTP husband thinks of his ISTP brother
    Work for a cause not for Applause
    Live to express not to Impress

6w7 > 1w2 > 4w3

MBTI
    STP

I tend to be the most confused with ISTJ types the underlying processes are so radically different though we just look similiar on the outside. Our internal processes are light and day different.

If "us" is ENTP like your type indicates...i have no idea what your talking about. Not similiar much at all. The inferior Sii vs tertiary Ni is a stark contrast.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Chilichimichanga View Post
    I have always found the ISTPs I meet to be pretty similar to us superficially at least, I've always wondered why. I mean I like to get my hands dirty and to find out how stuff works but still wondering how this is possible
    I even tested ISTP twice
    In what ways do you see similarities?
    ~luck favors the ready~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance

MBTI
    Enfj
    Enneagram
    7w8 so
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

Quote Originally Posted by MDP2525 View Post
    In what ways do you see similarities?
    both can see themselves as rational individuals, even though they are not in real life. they really look similar if they are kind of enneagram 5s, and maybe 7s, 5s make them seem more mystical and sevends, you get the rest
    In order for society to survive, we must all pitch in and cooperate with one another, split the resources fairly.
    If we get greedy, everything will fall apart
    The main reason why there is no long peace is because everything is set and stone.
    Another is that resources are limited and the ones who had the most goes bad because they are in control.

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by draon9 View Post
    both can see themselves as rational individuals, even though they are not in real life. they really look similar if they are kind of enneagram 5s, and maybe 7s, 5s make them seem more mystical and sevends, you get the rest
    Most are pretty rational that i know. T/F are rational functions and they are our dominant functions N/S are the irrational functions. We need both in society as rational doesnt always help. Sometimes irrational is good and provides a method to learn above and beyond just being rational.

Maybe the OP is irrationally choosing ISTP answers as well as other irrational people

MBTI
    ENTP
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Well first of all thanks for the replies

maybe I'm more pragmatic then most ENTPs I see online and meet in real life. I do like theory but unless its going to have some pratical use don't discuss it with people. People talking for hours and hours about their problems eventually gets on my nerves and I just go tell them to do XYZ to get it sorted. I talk a lot but I get really pissed off when people are all talk and no do, sometimes I fear I can only talk and do nothing too. Emotional talk gets on my nerves.

But the main thing is I like to get stuff done rather than keep complaining or talking about how stuff could be. I'm more of "well it could be like this but unfortunately it isn't so right now, so just go make it that way don't tell me how it should or shouldn't be, just go do it"

so from all the ISTPs I know I came to see the similarities between me and them:-
    -generally don't like to complain a lot just go solve the problem
    -don't like theory unless it has some practical use or goes against the facts in my head
    -don't like whiny people a lot
    -would rather get things done than discuss them for hours and hours and hours and not do anything about it( I can still discuss them for an hour though lol)
    -don't like overly emotional people, drama or people who aren't honest
    -Somewhat private about their personal matters (ISTPs definitely more), feelings both
    -Rational, cool headed and generally laid back

so I just wanted to know if other ENTPs and ISTPs feel the same and if so do you think its got to do with Ti or the functional arrangement somehow???

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

maybe it's the TP/Ti?
    "Avoid getting too preoccupied thinking about what you’re going to do, to actually do it."
    — Rachel Wolchin

johari
    nohari