User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    intj

Default NTs and the Wallstreet bailout/debates

Anyone care to chime in? I dont feel like paying 700 billion for the parasites of our species. The stock market is risk.......you gamble and lose, its your choice....not mine.
    "A species of perfection and fantasy"......

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

I heard the $700 billion is enough to clear every single American's personal debts (car loans, mortgages, student loans, etc.).

This is ridiculous. So... the not so well off people pay to ensure that the rich stay rich?
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

MBTI
    intj

We are now "tax slaves".

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by BlackOp View Post
    We are now "tax slaves".
    Well we were already "wage slaves", so might as well move up to that!

*Opps.....Im not NT*

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by BlackOp View Post
    Anyone care to chime in? I dont feel like paying 700 billion for the parasites of our species. The stock market is risk.......you gamble and lose, its your choice....not mine.
    Was there a reason you addressed the NTs on this topic? *pondering*
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I don't know, but I'm with the OP on the issue- I don't see why I should have to pay for a bunch of rich fucks when I have to work hard to manage to stay afloat
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    xNTJ

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    I don't know, but I'm with the OP on the issue- I don't see why I should have to pay for a bunch of rich fucks when I have to work hard to manage to stay afloat
    Pretty much. Now, if it ends up with the government buying the debt for less than it's held at with the banks, then that's different. If there's a system where the government is actually buying part of the company and limiting golden parachutes, then that's different. If the government is charging the company interest on a loan, then that's okay, too.

I can only agree with it if it's done like a business transaction and is *profitable* with those profits going towards the national debt.
    "If you can't be a good example, you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning." Catherine Aird

MBTI
    intj

Quote Originally Posted by Usehername View Post
    Was there a reason you addressed the NTs on this topic? *pondering*
    Yes, because if "we" were actually motivated to play politics....this shit would never "come to roost". The Enron BS would have be the a motivator to nip this. Bush chose not to clamp down on oversight/regulation...he walks now and we pay. By design.

MBTI
    INTj

I'm generally in favor of the free market ideals, but things like this makes me wonder whether we truly have a capitalist system. We couldn't even depend on corporate leaders to act in the interest of the corporation. Instead, CEO's treat their tenure as a short term opportunity to suck wealth out of the system. They have no interest in the company's long term welfare. Their sole objectives is to meet short term goals in order to pocket their obscenely high bonuses.

They have created a situation where if we allow their companies to fail, the consequences for the rest of us would be devastating. So we pay for their recklessness and the executives get rewarded.

Content. Content? DigitalMethod's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Not_Me View Post
    I'm generally in favor of the free market ideals, but things like this makes me wonder whether we truly have a capitalist system. We couldn't even depend on corporate leaders to act in the interest of the corporation. Instead, CEO's treat their tenure as a short term opportunity to suck wealth out of the system. They have no interest in the company's long term welfare. Their sole objectives is to meet short term goals in order to pocket their obscenely high bonuses.

They have created a situation where if we allow their companies to fail, the consequences for the rest of us would be devastating. So we pay for their recklessness and the executives get rewarded.
    Yeah I never really got why rich people try to become more rich. I mean, you can only use so much to live on comfortably. Some people can want a lot of things, but still, not all the money is used by these guys to make their lives more comfortable.

It's like money just turns into game, "I got $X much, how much do you have?" C'mon how old are you guys?... :rolli:
    "The life of the individual has meaning only insofar as it aids in making the life of every living thing nobler and more beautiful."
    - Albert Einstein