User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    I don't know, but I'm with the OP on the issue- I don't see why I should have to pay for a bunch of rich fucks when I have to work hard to manage to stay afloat
    The bailout would help some of the rich. Many of the poor. It is not the action; it is the consequences of the action.
    Look at the whole. Not at the part.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    The bailout would help some of the rich. Many of the poor. It is not the action; it is the consequences of the action.
    Look at the whole. Not at the part.
    I've always been a bigger fan of trickle down than trickle up economics- to come clean here.

I think that restructuring would have to go hand in hand with any bailout- obviously the system is flawed if it can manage to crash so splendidly.

(and memories of reading in history books about Herbert Hoover's bank bailout plans during the great depression don't help either )
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    I've always been a bigger fan of trickle down than trickle up economics- to come clean here.

I think that restructuring would have to go hand in hand with any bailout- obviously the system is flawed if it can manage to crash so splendidly.

(and memories of reading in history books about Herbert Hoover's bank bailout plans during the great depression don't help either )
    Sorry, I did not know or recall the thing about Hoover.

I agree the bailout is unjust. You give money to a reckless, irresponsible crook.
    They say: Let the crook lose. Do not bail him out with my tax money.

If the crook falls, the innocent people he has deceived will fall, too. Only their fall will be so much worse. The crook will be back all right.
    He has friends in key posts.
    The ordinary person does not have such friends. He will be out in the street.

There is justice (revenge), fairness and reason.
    In the end, reason is fairness. Not to the crook, but to the people out there in the street.

Fairness is not justice. It is only fairness.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE

is Wells Fargo going down ?
    I N V I C T U S

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by BlackOp View Post
    Anyone care to chime in? I dont feel like paying 700 billion for the parasites of our species.
    I agree with you 100 percent. Main Street should not have to bail out these parasites on Wall Street. There's also a moral dilemma. If Main Street bails them out than it sets a precedent for leaches to do this sort of thing in the future. I wouldn't bail the banks out, I'd nationalize them. What happens if you don't pay your mortgage? - the government takes possession of your house right? I say the government either nationalizes them or else liquidates the ones that have gone belly up and puts that money toward education and healthcare. Middle America - many of whom are barely making ends meet - shoud not have to incur these costs. They should tax the richest top 5 percent. Either way, someone is getting fucked but middle and marginal America are far less equipped to pay for this than the wealthy class. Will, this happen? Probably not (the prolitariat always get fucked) but I have hope that through mass mobilization and protest from the working class they will prevent this legislation from going through.

Banned

Default Nancy Pelosi blamed for Wall Street bailout defeat

MBTI
    intj

Quote Originally Posted by the.blanket.on.top View Post
    Blaming her is like blaming flies for buzzing around a turd....
    "A species of perfection and fantasy"......

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BlackOp View Post
    Blaming her is like blaming flies for buzzing around a turd....
    Right on the money, BlackOp! She's so insignificant in the big picture of things!

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE

escape goat
    I N V I C T U S

MBTI
    ENTJ

About us taxpayers: It's not about good or bad. It's about bad, or really big depression worse.

If the financial system crashes, banks stop lending to each other, businesses have trouble procuring funds, our system starts to deflate, people stop spending, and the economy grinds to a halt, meaning unemployment skyrockets and in general, people's lives get a heck of a lot worse.

The problem created by the parasites at the top WILL not just trickle, but crash down onto the rest of us if the Paulson Plan/Invest in America plan/or "the bailout" as everyone likes to call it doesn't go through.

Not to mention that Dick Fuld, Stan O'Neal, and Jimmy Cayne of Lehman, Merrill, and Bear are already out of here.
    I am an ENTJ. I hate political correctness but love smart people ^_^