• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] What do NTs say/think about passion and compassion?

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
To answer an old post:

do NTs usually hold sarcastic points of view when see/hear people preaching compassion?
Yes, particularly if preaching is all they are doing about it.

rogue350

Passion is essential.

Compassion less so.
Compassion is definitely necessary so that this world can be bettered. I don't think that I have enough compassion except for certain people in certain situations. I recognize that this world needs caring, compassionate people who will bend over backwards to help others. The world would be a much darker place without these door mats for everyone to step on.

Passion is important because a person can have ideas and wants to accomplish things but passion brings it to another level and pushes a person to really pursue and really try to accomplish something.

rav3n

They're both necessary ingredients to humanity. To what level will vary per individual, per situation. Too much of either or both, disregards the necessity of rational thought.

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Pinning down what their truest definitions are is a life's work. I say yes to that mission.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I believe in taking extreme measures to accomplish our designs, although for the greatest monuments to be constructed from them, we need to direct them towards noble causes. Love then of course would be an excellent navigator for outlining those ends.

As for my thoughts on the essence of love, here's some of my ideas (Love could be...):
an emotional bond of attraction
a shared personal understanding
what's valued for the self and/or others
the limitless sharing of happiness
hopes for higher wishes
staying true to promises
having noble intentions
self-sacrificing for the wellbeing of others
a force with redeeming power