• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] Ambitious ENTP?

How Motivated Are You?

• What's motivation?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I can be... Sometimes.

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • I'm fairly motivated, but I struggle.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I am highly motivated.

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters

ItzaMisterie

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Can ENTPs be motivated? I want to be something important one day and not float off into oblivion, but it seems like the ENTP stereotype is that we are to lazy to do anything. Is this true? Any successful* ENTPs here? What did you do to overcome your difficulties?

*Yes, fellow ENTPs, I realize that success is undefinable. Please do not start an argument about that point. Focus on the actual question at hand.

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
For me laziness is certainly a challenge as by the time I want to do something I have like 20 new ideas which means Im like oh time for another project. To stay motatived I find the best way is to use your Fe function to think of how you will be viewed by others (Using Fe data to set success parameters).

thetk

MBTI Type
xNTP
I'm not sure it's so much a laziness thing as it is a "jack of all trades" thing.

We're full of ideas on how to improve things, so I don't think we're short on ambition. I think we're just short on lifespan, and the pressure to choose just a few of those ideas to devote resources to is discouraging—sometimes to the point of paralysis. Which, well... looks and feels a whole lot like laziness.

Idk. Maybe I am just lazy and rationalizing it. But conceivably, if I could bring myself to lock onto just one idea, I'd have the time to follow it through to mastery and make a difference.

WE'LL JUST HAVE TO SEE.

Aros

MBTI Type
Entp
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The factor of motivation for me depends of the quality and impact of the idea. SOoooooo.. :unsure: