• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] INTPs and narcissism

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hey there OP, I am an INFJ and I just recently broke up with my INTP boyfriend of 1 year, I can confirm at least from my experience, that it caused us to fight a lot, he was so selfish, constantly talked about his gym and stared at himself flexing his muscles. He had no ability for empathy-he even ignored me for days when I was very upset my pet died as he didnt know how to deal apparently, but would have been there "If I asked, because hes not a mind reader" lol.
He constantly talked at length only of himself to everyone, never interested in me or what I was doing. Dont think he ever once asked me anything about myself. He had a serious victim mentality...and so ofcourse the breakup is all my fault in his view haha (And no disagreement at work or anywhere else was his fault ever either). I personally wouldnt say its my perfect match, though it was supposed to be and there were a few things we had in common.

Where does it say INTP is the perfect match for INFJ?

meowington

Parody Parrot
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Yeah, not a good match in theory. INTP = inferior Fe. Would not sit well for me romantically.

Bekachu89

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Where does it say INTP is the perfect match for INFJ?

I've read around online a few times in compatibility articles, that they are supposed to be the "Golden pair" which I think the OP mentioned.

PhantomBantam

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Oh, I always thought INTPs were hard on themselves and were a self-loathing type. I guess that's just my experience.

Upnextup

MBTI Type
INFJ
Hey yall, INFJ here.

Recently was dating an INTP until I realised that he was an narcissist (plus he admitted it). Is this a thing with INTPs? I mean I've heard that INFJs and INTPs are apaz the 'golden match', but INFJs aren't fond of narcissists (at least from my view).

Dippy

As an INFJ, I was very narcissistic growing up. I can tell you almost with certainty that Narcissism can be a characteristic of any type.