User Tag List

First 45678 Last

Thread: INTJ/ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by ENTraPper View Post
    I think ENTPs are known for not giving people the reactions they are looking for, but rather, the total opposite just to amuse ourselves. It throws many people off, but INTJs seem to secretly like that quality about us. We share a similar odd view of the world.
    This.

Plus, the banter.

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    INTJ's are good in the sense that we naturally do not compete,
    In my situation, there's a healthy dose of competition.

but they also have trouble sharing their interiors at times. It seems to take a serious amount of stress for them to open up. And they seem to hunker down a lot more than say an INFJ.
    Although, ^ is true. The INTJ is more passive, b/w us, in letting what he 'really feels' known. He'll say it in every way, including actions, without saying the actual words. And, for me, it becomes about playing dumb because there's this need in me to get the INTJ to own up to it/admit it. He gets frustrated but still...won't say it. It gets unhealthy at times. Tertiary F colliding.

We also get each other. And, there's a great mind-mate connection. We also bond over sarcasm and the value of logic.

We see ourselves as the precise opposite of one another. It's frustrating yet intriguing at the same time.

Him: Black or white, there are no grays.
    Me: To get from either white to black, or black to white...one has to travel in shades of gray. Therefore, it must exist, if black and white does.

The conflict:
    - I am way too 'chaotic', random....it can be charming to the INTJ and in equal parts, quite frustrating at other times.
    - He is more directive while I am informative and there's clashes in that.
    - My horrible Fi makes him
    - We have our vulnerabilities as the other's strength and there's sometimes issues with that.
    - My optimism against his pessimism
    - I accuse him of being patronizing, while he accuses me of 'never taking anything seriously'
    - Although I am the extravert, my need for independence/alone time/solitude bugs him more than his solitude bugs me. He feels me creating a 'distance'...which I think is illusionary because when I'm with someone, a situation, there's almost a bubbling over of enthusiam from me, so that when I retreat, it's a much more STARK change than when he retreats.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

I like the INTJ's.
    I have never been committed to anyone in my life the way I am with the INTJ I am with now I feel like he can match me in intelligence, and he has a different kind of intelligence that I strive to get to his level on (he is very knowledgable about computers/computer operating, and is great at math, where I am great at math, I just prefer to apply it in science. I prefer to explore.)

He also has a nice dose of F, and really brings that out with me. I think he is better at making the romantic connection than I am, however

Why I prefer the INTJ to the NF's I have met: I haven't yet found an NF who is probing enough in what I am interested in, or they seem very interested in what I am saying, and like to learn, but I haven't felt that connection. I was rather into an ENFJ, but he was too flakey about his emotions.

I am secretly very much a little at competition with him, and also with his 'standards' about what I may or may not achieve. It gives me a good push. He thinks my rambling about anything is cute, and he enjoys my sarcasm, most of the time, minusing when I use it on the offense.

He said the only thing he could see as a flaw in me is my 'massive ego'. I decided that wasn't the worst quality I could have and moved along.

So, I am going to make a list, sorta (ew)

Good: intellectual, introverted, stable (sorta), logical, kinda badass in a 'I don't always care' kinda way, likes how crazy I am, likes how I will say anything/do anything. I don't know if all INTJ's are like this, but he is very inclined to do what he can to please me and is very romantic.

Bad: he doesn't see the room for growth/goes too much on 'probability'. Probability is good when using it as a tool, not as a defining thing. He gets hurt a little to easily by some things I say, because I joke around a lot, and he gets a little offended over my various guy friends that I hang out with.

His 'realism' aka pessimism clashes with my optimism. I talk of music/inventing/other things that you have to work at, and his response is 'do you know how many people actually make it?'

My response is 'if Edison thought like that, where do you think we would be?'
    Excuse me, but does this smell like chloroform to you?

Always reserve the right to become smarter at a future point in time, for only a fool limits themselves to all they knew in the past. -Alex

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Hm... I'll let you know my responses to ENTPs if I ever actually meet one. So far, you ENTPs are all just theoretical entities I found out about on the internet.

I could see archetypal ENTPs as being quite amiable, but like I said, I'd have to meet one in the "wild" to make an actual judgment.

Quote Originally Posted by Antimony View Post
    My response is 'if Edison thought like that, where do you think we would be?'
    Tesla was way cooler...
    Function Activity:
    Ni > Te > Ti = Fi > Ne > Si = Fe > Se

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

What you do on friday ?
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    I often get along with INTJ's as friends, but I think for a relationship there would be a growing distance. INTJ's are good in the sense that we naturally do not compete, but they also have trouble sharing their interiors at times. It seems to take a serious amount of stress for them to open up. And they seem to hunker down a lot more than say an INFJ.

*thread necromancy for ENTP marketing*
    I think INTJs secretly aspire to become ENTJs, and most of them seems to support ENTJs, so I am not sure about this. Some INTJs are cool though.
    The fear of poverty turns people into slaves of money.

"In this Caesar there are many Mariuses"~Sulla

Conquer your inner demons first before you conquer the world.

Une Femme est une femme paperoceans's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    8w7

My best friend is an ENTP and I'm secretly attracted to him. I've known him for seven years and I'm positive that we'll make a good couple... I'm definitely attracted to ENTPs.
    Between that cigarillo and sticking my finger down my throat to see if I could DT, I feel like puking RN.

Read my Blog.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by YoungGun2112 View Post
    Nah, I am definitely ENTP and she is definitely INTJ. I would suspect MBTI is less prominent in highly emotional situations. Because when everyone is upset, everyone is upset. And they stop thinking like they typically would, as much as they start thinking with whatever feeling they feel. Love and emotions are rarely, if ever, rational.
    hmmm...I highly doubt she was an INTJ. INTJ's dont act like that. We would act exactly as you acted at the end of a bitter relationship. She was a P for sure (I mean, skipping all her classes and playing on the computer all day...). She seems to be an S (my intuition tells me so). T/F and E/I, I will go with your guess, so most likely ISTP.

MBTI
    INTX
    Enneagram
    5w6?

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Time View Post
    hmmm...I highly doubt she was an INTJ. INTJ's dont act like that. We would act exactly as you acted at the end of a bitter relationship. She was a P for sure (I mean, skipping all her classes and playing on the computer all day...). She seems to be an S (my intuition tells me so). T/F and E/I, I will go with your guess, so most likely ISTP.
    Agree with 95% (other 5% becuase u never know )

A592

Quote Originally Posted by Kra View Post

Tesla was way cooler...
    Hell yes!

A592

Out of all the types, I'd say I'm most attracted to ENTPs, though sadly I don't think I've met any. They say INTJ/ENFJ would make a great match, but I don't think so because I'd find the F a little too much for me, I think.