User Tag List

First 34567 Last

Thread: INTJ/ENTP

MBTI
    ENTP

She sounds like the ENTP and you sound like the INTJ. How strange.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

MBTI
    ENTP

I dunno, I think his reaction is very close to what mine would've been... the total severing, followed by only CONSIDERING revenge, but not actually really seriously considering doing it. I've often enjoyed mulling over possible nasty plans and plots for revenge I could take on people, but it's just been a cathartic sorta thing, there was never any doubt in my mind that I had no intention of doing any of those things.
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    She sounds like the ENTP and you sound like the INTJ. How strange.
    Nah, I am definitely ENTP and she is definitely INTJ. I would suspect MBTI is less prominent in highly emotional situations. Because when everyone is upset, everyone is upset. And they stop thinking like they typically would, as much as they start thinking with whatever feeling they feel. Love and emotions are rarely, if ever, rational.

MBTI
    ENTP

In stressful situations, according to MBTI theory, our tertiary and inferior functions seem to take over, for some reason... this would explain why, when I get really annoyed, I sometimes start to get all guilt-trip and pull-rank... bad Fe and Si
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

MBTI
    ENTP

I would have reacted the same way as well. ENTPs are not the greatest at forming emotional bonds, so if we let someone into the fold and they betray us, we react very strongly. I have no problem cutting someone off and forgetting they ever existed. I think you played it well. Indifference is far colder than hate.
    Dip, baby, dip.

MBTI
    ENTP

Yea, I have reacted similarly once a person has revealed their true nature. Door closes. Forever.

Quote Originally Posted by passingby View Post
    Do INTJs and ENTPs make a good match? Would appreciate your opinions
    Seems like a sexy match.
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

ThatGirl

Quote Originally Posted by YoungGun2112 View Post
    It is kind of funny reading what I wrote a few weeks back, and then this summer about my INTJ/ENTP relationship. Mostly because, about a day after I wrote that up a few weeks ago, she told me she had cheated on me. She was 21, and I am only 18, but it would have never worked as I was always wayyyyyy more mature than her. I was paying for her cell phone, and she was living in my apartment, while she looked for a job and played on the computer all day, sometimes going to class. I worked and went to class and I guess she was fucking some guy in my apartment while I was out. Needless to say, right after she told me I told her she had one day to get her shit out of my apartment. She whined and acted like I was overreacting. When she went to class the next day I changed the locks and threw her shit on the grass. Went and got tested for any STD s she could of caught and given me. Canceled her phone. Changed my number. Deleted her from my contacts list. I don't even know where she lives now, and I really don't care. She came banging on my door twice and I didn't answer.

Severed.

A few times I concocted some very elaborate plans for revenge, but in the end I don't want to stoop to her level.

They included:

1. Sending this nude picture she sent me one day, of her, to everyone on my contacts list (including some of her family).
    2. Lying to her and telling her the doctor said I had genital warts or something.

But in the end ignoring her probably gets her a lot worse (immature woman kind of thing). And makes me infinitely more attractive to her (which adds insult to injury as she cannot talk to me).
    Fers

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    In stressful situations, according to MBTI theory, our tertiary and inferior functions seem to take over, for some reason... this would explain why, when I get really annoyed, I sometimes start to get all guilt-trip and pull-rank... bad Fe and Si
    I have previous experience in my life that was massively stressful/depressive, and can concur with this observation. I was not my genuine self (and once got called out on it too, which was probably the turning point for me to get out of that part of my life).

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by passingby View Post
    Do INTJs and ENTPs make a good match? Would appreciate your opinions
    I often get along with INTJ's as friends, but I think for a relationship there would be a growing distance. INTJ's are good in the sense that we naturally do not compete, but they also have trouble sharing their interiors at times. It seems to take a serious amount of stress for them to open up. And they seem to hunker down a lot more than say an INFJ.

*thread necromancy for ENTP marketing*