• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] INTJ/ENTP

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
She sounds like the ENTP and you sound like the INTJ. How strange.

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
I dunno, I think his reaction is very close to what mine would've been... the total severing, followed by only CONSIDERING revenge, but not actually really seriously considering doing it. I've often enjoyed mulling over possible nasty plans and plots for revenge I could take on people, but it's just been a cathartic sorta thing, there was never any doubt in my mind that I had no intention of doing any of those things.

YoungGun2112

MBTI Type
ENTP
She sounds like the ENTP and you sound like the INTJ. How strange.

Nah, I am definitely ENTP and she is definitely INTJ. I would suspect MBTI is less prominent in highly emotional situations. Because when everyone is upset, everyone is upset. And they stop thinking like they typically would, as much as they start thinking with whatever feeling they feel. Love and emotions are rarely, if ever, rational.

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
In stressful situations, according to MBTI theory, our tertiary and inferior functions seem to take over, for some reason... this would explain why, when I get really annoyed, I sometimes start to get all guilt-trip and pull-rank... bad Fe and Si :(

ENTraPper

MBTI Type
ENTP
I would have reacted the same way as well. ENTPs are not the greatest at forming emotional bonds, so if we let someone into the fold and they betray us, we react very strongly. I have no problem cutting someone off and forgetting they ever existed. I think you played it well. Indifference is far colder than hate.

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
Yea, I have reacted similarly once a person has revealed their true nature. Door closes. Forever.

T

ThatGirl

It is kind of funny reading what I wrote a few weeks back, and then this summer about my INTJ/ENTP relationship. Mostly because, about a day after I wrote that up a few weeks ago, she told me she had cheated on me. She was 21, and I am only 18, but it would have never worked as I was always wayyyyyy more mature than her. I was paying for her cell phone, and she was living in my apartment, while she looked for a job and played on the computer all day, sometimes going to class. I worked and went to class and I guess she was fucking some guy in my apartment while I was out. Needless to say, right after she told me I told her she had one day to get her shit out of my apartment. She whined and acted like I was overreacting. When she went to class the next day I changed the locks and threw her shit on the grass. Went and got tested for any STD s she could of caught and given me. Canceled her phone. Changed my number. Deleted her from my contacts list. I don't even know where she lives now, and I really don't care. She came banging on my door twice and I didn't answer.

Severed.

A few times I concocted some very elaborate plans for revenge, but in the end I don't want to stoop to her level.

They included:

1. Sending this nude picture she sent me one day, of her, to everyone on my contacts list (including some of her family).
2. Lying to her and telling her the doctor said I had genital warts or something.

But in the end ignoring her probably gets her a lot worse (immature woman kind of thing). And makes me infinitely more attractive to her (which adds insult to injury as she cannot talk to me).

Fers

Maabus1999

MBTI Type
INTJ
In stressful situations, according to MBTI theory, our tertiary and inferior functions seem to take over, for some reason... this would explain why, when I get really annoyed, I sometimes start to get all guilt-trip and pull-rank... bad Fe and Si :(

I have previous experience in my life that was massively stressful/depressive, and can concur with this observation. I was not my genuine self (and once got called out on it too, which was probably the turning point for me to get out of that part of my life).

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
Do INTJs and ENTPs make a good match? Would appreciate your opinions :)

I often get along with INTJ's as friends, but I think for a relationship there would be a growing distance. INTJ's are good in the sense that we naturally do not compete, but they also have trouble sharing their interiors at times. It seems to take a serious amount of stress for them to open up. And they seem to hunker down a lot more than say an INFJ.

*thread necromancy for ENTP marketing*

Qre:us

I think ENTPs are known for not giving people the reactions they are looking for, but rather, the total opposite just to amuse ourselves. It throws many people off, but INTJs seem to secretly like that quality about us. We share a similar odd view of the world.

This.

Plus, the banter.

INTJ's are good in the sense that we naturally do not compete,

In my situation, there's a healthy dose of competition.

but they also have trouble sharing their interiors at times. It seems to take a serious amount of stress for them to open up. And they seem to hunker down a lot more than say an INFJ.

Although, ^ is true. The INTJ is more passive, b/w us, in letting what he 'really feels' known. He'll say it in every way, including actions, without saying the actual words. And, for me, it becomes about playing dumb because there's this need in me to get the INTJ to own up to it/admit it. He gets frustrated but still...won't say it. It gets unhealthy at times. Tertiary F colliding.

We also get each other. And, there's a great mind-mate connection. We also bond over sarcasm and the value of logic.

We see ourselves as the precise opposite of one another. It's frustrating yet intriguing at the same time.

Him: Black or white, there are no grays.
Me: To get from either white to black, or black to white...one has to travel in shades of gray. Therefore, it must exist, if black and white does.

The conflict:
- I am way too 'chaotic', random....it can be charming to the INTJ and in equal parts, quite frustrating at other times.
- He is more directive while I am informative and there's clashes in that.
- My horrible Fi makes him :17425:
- We have our vulnerabilities as the other's strength and there's sometimes issues with that.
- My optimism against his pessimism
- I accuse him of being patronizing, while he accuses me of 'never taking anything seriously'
- Although I am the extravert, my need for independence/alone time/solitude bugs him more than his solitude bugs me. He feels me creating a 'distance'...which I think is illusionary because when I'm with someone, a situation, there's almost a bubbling over of enthusiam from me, so that when I retreat, it's a much more STARK change than when he retreats.

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I like the INTJ's. :heart:
I have never been committed to anyone in my life the way I am with the INTJ I am with now :yes: I feel like he can match me in intelligence, and he has a different kind of intelligence that I strive to get to his level on (he is very knowledgable about computers/computer operating, and is great at math, where I am great at math, I just prefer to apply it in science. I prefer to explore.)

He also has a nice dose of F, and really brings that out with me. I think he is better at making the romantic connection than I am, however :doh:

Why I prefer the INTJ to the NF's I have met: I haven't yet found an NF who is probing enough in what I am interested in, or they seem very interested in what I am saying, and like to learn, but I haven't felt that connection. I was rather into an ENFJ, but he was too flakey about his emotions.

I am secretly very much a little at competition with him, and also with his 'standards' about what I may or may not achieve. It gives me a good push. He thinks my rambling about anything is cute, and he enjoys my sarcasm, most of the time, minusing when I use it on the offense.

He said the only thing he could see as a flaw in me is my 'massive ego'. I decided that wasn't the worst quality I could have and moved along.

So, I am going to make a list, sorta (ew)

Good: intellectual, introverted, stable (sorta), logical, kinda badass in a 'I don't always care' kinda way, likes how crazy I am, likes how I will say anything/do anything. I don't know if all INTJ's are like this, but he is very inclined to do what he can to please me and is very romantic.

Bad: he doesn't see the room for growth/goes too much on 'probability'. Probability is good when using it as a tool, not as a defining thing. He gets hurt a little to easily by some things I say, because I joke around a lot, and he gets a little offended over my various guy friends that I hang out with.

His 'realism' aka pessimism clashes with my optimism. I talk of music/inventing/other things that you have to work at, and his response is 'do you know how many people actually make it?'

My response is 'if Edison thought like that, where do you think we would be?'

Kra

Black Magic Buzzard
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
Hm... I'll let you know my responses to ENTPs if I ever actually meet one. So far, you ENTPs are all just theoretical entities I found out about on the internet. :D

I could see archetypal ENTPs as being quite amiable, but like I said, I'd have to meet one in the "wild" to make an actual judgment.

My response is 'if Edison thought like that, where do you think we would be?'

Tesla was way cooler... :devil:

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
I often get along with INTJ's as friends, but I think for a relationship there would be a growing distance. INTJ's are good in the sense that we naturally do not compete, but they also have trouble sharing their interiors at times. It seems to take a serious amount of stress for them to open up. And they seem to hunker down a lot more than say an INFJ.

*thread necromancy for ENTP marketing*

I think INTJs secretly aspire to become ENTJs, and most of them seems to support ENTJs, so I am not sure about this. Some INTJs are cool though.

paperoceans

Une Femme est une femme
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
8w7
My best friend is an ENTP and I'm secretly attracted to him. I've known him for seven years and I'm positive that we'll make a good couple... I'm definitely attracted to ENTPs.

Mr.Time

MBTI Type
INTJ
Nah, I am definitely ENTP and she is definitely INTJ. I would suspect MBTI is less prominent in highly emotional situations. Because when everyone is upset, everyone is upset. And they stop thinking like they typically would, as much as they start thinking with whatever feeling they feel. Love and emotions are rarely, if ever, rational.

hmmm...I highly doubt she was an INTJ. INTJ's dont act like that. We would act exactly as you acted at the end of a bitter relationship. She was a P for sure (I mean, skipping all her classes and playing on the computer all day...). She seems to be an S (my intuition tells me so). T/F and E/I, I will go with your guess, so most likely ISTP.

Kambro

MBTI Type
INTX
Enneagram
5w6?
hmmm...I highly doubt she was an INTJ. INTJ's dont act like that. We would act exactly as you acted at the end of a bitter relationship. She was a P for sure (I mean, skipping all her classes and playing on the computer all day...). She seems to be an S (my intuition tells me so). T/F and E/I, I will go with your guess, so most likely ISTP.

Agree with 95% (other 5% becuase u never know :))

A

A592

Out of all the types, I'd say I'm most attracted to ENTPs, though sadly I don't think I've met any. They say INTJ/ENFJ would make a great match, but I don't think so because I'd find the F a little too much for me, I think.