• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] INTJ/ENTP

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
Sometimes INTJ's just wanna have fun... but they feel silly about it and sorta embarrassed. It's a perfect solution for them to be 'needled' and 'made' to do something fun by the relentless ENTP who 'just won't leave me alone until I go to the beach with him for some UNKNOWN reason!', secretly loving it all along. And he knows it. And he knows I know it. Ha!

But you've gotta know when it's a bad time to do that... when the INTJ really does just want to sit and read.

ENTraPper

MBTI Type
ENTP
I haven't dated one yet, but I know a couple of male INTJs and I really like them. They can be difficult, but I just charm them to death and they like it. I think ENTPs are known for not giving people the reactions they are looking for, but rather, the total opposite just to amuse ourselves. It throws many people off, but INTJs seem to secretly like that quality about us. We share a similar odd view of the world.

563 740

MBTI Type
ENTP
That feeling that you sorta don't know which one you want more: them to go away or them to stay, stay, stay! To kill each other or screw each other senseless... hahahahaha... awesome!

ENTPs & INTJs both love a challenge. :yes:

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
not to hijack the thread...

...but I would think the ENFP/INTJ would be a better combo of Ne/Ni because they would share Te/Fi...

I would think INTJ Fi would create some problems with the ENTPs... but then again two Fi people can hate eachother too, if their Fi's value different stuff...(im coming closer and closer to the conclusion that Fi should be outlawed. haha)

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
*shakes fist* you leave our Fi alone dagnabit!

Economica

Dhampyr
MBTI Type
INTJ
not to hijack the thread...

...but I would think the ENFP/INTJ would be a better combo of Ne/Ni because they would share Te/Fi...

This has been my take for years. I see the relative merits of the ENTP/INTJ mindmate match though, when the individuals are mature enough that it can be made to work instead of ending like it does for these two:

View attachment 2510

(That's the Marquise de Merteuil (INTJ) and the Vicomte de Valmont (ENTP) in Dangerous Liaisons. I highly recommend both the movie and the 1782 book the movie is based on.)

I would think INTJ Fi would create some problems with the ENTPs... but then again two Fi people can hate eachother too, if their Fi's value different stuff...(im coming closer and closer to the conclusion that Fi should be outlawed. haha)

Haha, yes, ENFPs and I are hit and miss on that score. :wubbie: / :doh:

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
For me personally, I just tend to find F folk too easily hurt to be want to actually LIVE with them on such an intimate level... wonderful friends, colleagues, relatives etc, but can't envision a peaceful marriage with one... that's just me though, obviously. But ENFP is probably the F type least like this for me.

Like I say, IME INTJ and ENTP can be a fantastic pairing, but it's seldom obvious until the individuals have known each other for quite a while. It's always begun with us not liking each other, to wind up the total opposite.

silversun

MBTI Type
INTJ
I've noticed that F's senses of humor are totally different.
I'm pretty sure my roommate is an F and she laughs at all the cute things in movies. I think you can really see the F/T difference when it comes to dead animals or things like that. I was watching funniest home videos once and some hawk flew and took this boy's pet mouse, and I thought it was the funniest thing ever. Some people are really offended when people laugh at that stuff though.
Anyways I've never known any ENTPs in real life so I'm not sure how I'd get along with one.

MBTI Type
ENTP
I've noticed that F's senses of humor are totally different.
I'm pretty sure my roommate is an F and she laughs at all the cute things in movies. I think you can really see the F/T difference when it comes to dead animals or things like that. I was watching funniest home videos once and some hawk flew and took this boy's pet mouse, and I thought it was the funniest thing ever. Some people are really offended when people laugh at that stuff though.

For feelers, it can only be funny if no one, in this universe or a parallel one, could ever possibly be remotely offended.....unless they don't like the person being made fun of. Feelers can be malicious. :shock:
Actually I am uncomfortable around a feeler who is being humorous at someone's expense because to me it's so obvious that they're not just doing it to be funny. But I can enjoy dark humor when I know there are no feelings on the subject either way.

Kristiana

MBTI Type
INTJ
I dated one once. Too E for me, it felt pushy and overly socially dominating, which I disliked.

563 740

MBTI Type
ENTP
I was watching funniest home videos once and some hawk flew and took this boy's pet mouse, and I thought it was the funniest thing ever. Some people are really offended when people laugh at that stuff though.

Placeholder for when I can remember my T/F story... Grrr memory. :doh:

Mycroft

The elder Holmes
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I dunno. I've never been involved with an ENTP romantically, but in friendships I've found that the Fi/Fe dynamic... doesn't sync.

Typically, true to type, the ENTP's interactions with others are calculated to achieve some effect, which I can get behind, but then, every once in a while, that Fe pops out and you can tell the BS they're spouting is sincere and it's just creepy and weird.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Do INTJs and ENTPs make a good match? Would appreciate your opinions :)
It always depends on the specific 2 people involved because there's a lot more to a person's character than just how they take in information and how they output it, but generally speaking, I think INTJs and ENTPs get along very well. I adore ENTPs.

(I have been married to an ISTP for 26 years, so the websites and books aren't all-knowing on this subject.)

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
And in return, it would seem that the fact that I'm the one sitting on their desk, taking a bite out of their pie while they're ranting and everyone else is either hiding or stuttering or shrivelling under the gaze of death, so that when they turn to me and say "WELL??" and I say "I think this pie could use some more salt", the combined sense of infuriation and amazement seems to cause a similar effect in the NTJ's in my life to that which they have on me when the opposite applies. I mean when everyone else is laughing and playing with me and I turn to them and they're standing with arms crossed and one raised eyebrow, and I say "Well?" and they shrug enigmatically and walk off... :steam: Come baaaaack!!! :cry:
Wait! I think I have experienced this before!
Don't you know we're mad for not being taken seriously! :steam:

How DARE you make light of something I find seriously important!

My husband disabuses me like this all the time.

YoungGun2112

MBTI Type
ENTP
Weird, I just noticed this thread when I was checking out one I made a few days ago, and spotted a link to an olddddddd thread I made. I guess I should give a little bit more perspective since I am here. I am an ENTP, she is an INTJ.

Most relationships when we fight, I just roll over and go to sleep not really caring. This one is entirely different. I actually care which is odd in its entirety. It is possible the most confusing, most sexy, greatest, most amazing, hardest, we fight way too much, relationship I have ever been in.

Her and I, are the exact polar opposites while being the same exact person, if that makes any sense at all.

Sometimes I feel like we can both look at a situation or problem and both look at it and see the same solution but from an exact opposite angle. A good example is this. When I want to talk about some type of problem or thing we did, she will go, "No, that is done we reached a solution." I will go, "We reached a solution but I want to consider your perspective as well. Why did you say what you did? Why did you think that? blabla." This really pisses her off as I have trouble stopping when I get going, "Well why wouldn't you want to talk about it?" Etc. I am really good at needling her. We both have reached the same solution in our heads, and we have no problems picking the solution, as we both pick the same answer every single time. But I point at the problem and say, "That is the answer," then decide why that is the answer later to fit whatever need or rationality I have, or am able to twist into having. She will have probably thought about the problem all night and realized it was going to be a problem and then thought all day about it before it became a problem and she brought it up, so she already knew the answer having analyzed the details of the problem for the last 24 hours to get what her answer was going to be.

She goes: Considers details and wants to think about them -> Big Idea/Answer -> Lets never talk about it again.
I go: What problem? There is no problem, so don't worry or talk about it -> Big Idea/Answer -> Lets talk about the details why we just did that so we even know.

So we each and every time we can arrive at the exact same conclusion. But she thinks about details of the problem, organizes them, and then goes to the big picture and makes her decision. I spot the problem, pick the answer seemingly out of thin air, then I sit down to think about why I just did that and organize the details.

We are basically the exact polar opposites while being the exact same person. We pick the same answer. But we arrive at the answer from different angles.

I will write up some more later tonight when I have more free time. I could probably expatiate on this quite a lot more.

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
Typically, true to type, the ENTP's interactions with others are calculated to achieve some effect, which I can get behind, but then, every once in a while, that Fe pops out and you can tell the BS they're spouting is sincere and it's just creepy and weird.

Can you be reaching for some effect and yet sincere at the same time? I think many introverts have this basic problem with the E tendency to try to alter the external reality. If I am trying to provoke an emotional response from you by way of my own emotional projection, it need not be insincere. In some respects, calculation can be regarded as the most sincere approach as it is emotion made real and manifest.

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
Wait! I think I have experienced this before!
Don't you know we're mad for not being taken seriously! :steam:

How DARE you make light of something I find seriously important!

My husband disabuses me like this all the time.

Shit, yeah. It's mega hawt, ain't it? :drool:

Syrach - I think it's a common thing, that actually creates, ironically, the chemistry - the P/J misunderstanding where they assume we have an agenda... yet we don't. Except a very basic one of "do no harm; do good if you can".

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
Syrach - I think it's a common thing, that actually creates, ironically, the chemistry - the P/J misunderstanding where they assume we have an agenda... yet we don't. Except a very basic one of "do no harm; do good if you can".

Oh, I always have at least one agenda.

YoungGun2112

MBTI Type
ENTP

It is kind of funny reading what I wrote a few weeks back, and then this summer about my INTJ/ENTP relationship. Mostly because, about a day after I wrote that up a few weeks ago, she told me she had cheated on me. She was 21, and I am only 18, but it would have never worked as I was always wayyyyyy more mature than her. I was paying for her cell phone, and she was living in my apartment, while she looked for a job and played on the computer all day, sometimes going to class. I worked and went to class and I guess she was fucking some guy in my apartment while I was out. Needless to say, right after she told me I told her she had one day to get her shit out of my apartment. She whined and acted like I was overreacting. When she went to class the next day I changed the locks and threw her shit on the grass. Went and got tested for any STD s she could of caught and given me. Canceled her phone. Changed my number. Deleted her from my contacts list. I don't even know where she lives now, and I really don't care. She came banging on my door twice and I didn't answer.

Severed.

A few times I concocted some very elaborate plans for revenge, but in the end I don't want to stoop to her level.

They included:

1. Sending this nude picture she sent me one day, of her, to everyone on my contacts list (including some of her family).
2. Lying to her and telling her the doctor said I had genital warts or something.

But in the end ignoring her probably gets her a lot worse (immature woman kind of thing). And makes me infinitely more attractive to her (which adds insult to injury as she cannot talk to me).