• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] Ask an INTP anything!

Methylene

Now with more salt.
MBTI Type
LVEF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I see this kind of threads quickly spreading around. So I thought "why not? Maybe I'd even get the chance to understand myself better"

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
This popped up in my sneak a peep thing so I thought Id be the first to ask a question. How do you differ in comparison to ENTPs?.

Methylene

Now with more salt.
MBTI Type
LVEF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
This popped up in my sneak a peep thing so I thought Id be the first to ask a question. How do you differ in comparison to ENTPs?.

The notable differences are in how we use our extraverted functions.
You are waaaaay more inventive. My Ne needs an input before getting to work. (This is for myself, but I'm prone to looping).
Both the ENTP I know irl are a volcano of ideas. The first is capable of building a cricket by using the wires of a mini torchlight during philosophy lessons. He just saw the torchlight and then the cricket. He just did it. (He didn't have any idea about how to work with wires and such fyi)
I'm not that good at creating from zero as I use Ti to guide me. So I use Ne more in a trouble shooting, practical way. "This thing doesn't work. I analyzed everything from all the possible perspectives. There are x possible motives, related to other 20. I could try this weird approach. This or that. This could lead to Q, W, or E. I don't feel like trying the trusted-and-reliable, maybe this will work either and be quicker or more pleasant"
Of course I still have those Ne moments (such as when I tried to repair a mouse with a toothstick, you read that story), but are less prominent then how they appear in ENTPs.

Then, the big difference. The use of Fe. I can't remember a single moment in my life, even as a child, not living the Ti-Fe conflict. Inferior Fe is what should help me link with other girls but fails because hasn't been used enough. It is a destructive force that dismesses my plans because "think of other people. What will they think of you?". After being at war with her I think I have trained her to at least give basic empathy to others, but it's still hard. It's the desire that the INTP finds most difficult to accomplish.

On the other hand, you ENTP use it as easily as we use our Si. You, Brain, successfully established bond and sense of community in a forum. The ENTP I was speaking about before is really good with words and knows how to trick people. The other ENTP keeps up my group of friends (INTP, ESFJ, ESTJ). He doesn't take everyone's need, but contributes in generating harmony. My Fe wants harmony, but doesn't know how to get it. Your Fe works better at it.

(I'm starting to fall asleep, if I miss something I'll add it tomorrow morning)

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
The notable differences are in how we use our extraverted functions.
You are waaaaay more inventive. My Ne needs an input before getting to work. (This is for myself, but I'm prone to looping).
Both the ENTP I know irl are a volcano of ideas. The first is capable of building a cricket by using the wires of a mini torchlight during philosophy lessons. He just saw the torchlight and then the cricket. He just did it. (He didn't have any idea about how to work with wires and such fyi)
I'm not that good at creating from zero as I use Ti to guide me. So I use Ne more in a trouble shooting, practical way. "This thing doesn't work. I analyzed everything from all the possible perspectives. There are x possible motives, related to other 20. I could try this weird approach. This or that. This could lead to Q, W, or E. I don't feel like trying the trusted-and-reliable, maybe this will work either and be quicker or more pleasant"
Of course I still have those Ne moments (such as when I tried to repair a mouse with a toothstick, you read that story), but are less prominent then how they appear in ENTPs.

Then, the big difference. The use of Fe. I can't remember a single moment in my life, even as a child, not living the Ti-Fe conflict. Inferior Fe is what should help me link with other girls but fails because hasn't been used enough. It is a destructive force that dismesses my plans because "think of other people. What will they think of you?". After being at war with her I think I have trained her to at least give basic empathy to others, but it's still hard. It's the desire that the INTP finds most difficult to accomplish.

On the other hand, you ENTP use it as easily as we use our Si. You, Brain, successfully established bond and sense of community in a forum. The ENTP I was speaking about before is really good with words and knows how to trick people. The other ENTP keeps up my group of friends (INTP, ESFJ, ESTJ). He doesn't take everyone's need, but contributes in generating harmony. My Fe wants harmony, but doesn't know how to get it. Your Fe works better at it.

(I'm starting to fall asleep, if I miss something I'll add it tomorrow morning)

That makes sense as you are far more detailed and logical than me. I spew Ne then inwardly Ti it to make sure it makes sense while you look with Ti first then spew Ne.

How do you differ from ISTP and INFP as well?.

ZNP-TBA

Privileged Sh!tlord
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
INTPs use Ne to help perfect their Ti. Mapping out a logical understanding of things is the main goal of INTPs and they happily explore with Ne to achieve that end. Tert Si makes INTPs way more meticulous and detailed than ENTPs and since Si is like a bank or repository of information INTPs can often loop back and compare internal references to perfect their ideas. That comes at the cost of inferior Fe which makes it hard for INTPs to connect with other minds to express their ideas and get others motivated about them. Basically, INTPs usually have great ideas but sometimes lack in promoting them which is why INTP write-ups look very long winded and can be hard to relate to or connect to.

ENTPs use Ti as a companion tool to enhance their Ne. Exploring more and more ideas is the main goal of ENTPs but ENTPs like to have a logical understanding of those ideas (even if it's not perfect). Tert Fe lets ENTPs express those ideas in a way that gets others excited and interested. Tert Fe is the reference tool of choice for ENTPs (rather than Si) so ENTPs usually seek external validation more than internal. If I have an idea I'm more interested in what others think about it rather than how it squares with my experiential knowledge (Si). This comes at the cost of inferior Si which is why ENTPs might be great at creating and promoting ideas but are notorious for lacking detail and follow through.

erg

MBTI Type
None
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
How would you reconcile general relativity with quantum mechanics?

ZNP-TBA

Privileged Sh!tlord
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
How would you reconcile general relativity with quantum mechanics?

Young feeler types imagine what things will be like once they get married and have kids when young INTPs ponder the above more.

I Tonya

Rythym of the night
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Thank you INTPs for not stressing me out like other ppl.
Now the question, how do you stop other ppl from stressing you out?

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
-
Are INTP are book worms?
If yes, what are books they are mostly interested in reading?
During school, if there is any, what are your favorite lessons?

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Are INTP are book worms?

This questioning is a bit simplistic. Any inquisitive person is going to be a bookworm. INTPs like knowledge, systems, and discovering new contexts. Lots of these in books!

I liked math and science. Again, new systems and contexts.

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
-
Do You want to get conscious Your Unconscious Functions?

Psychologically speaking, in INTP, introverted sensing in conjuction with extroverted feeling is not conscious habitually, since this type habitually thinks. Empirically means, An INTP, do not habitually judge the external world realities by feeling. An INTP will naturally express their thought by writing. They could be an author also.
Is there any desire from yourself to get the unsconscious functions of Si-Fe conscious?
Do you have any question like this in your mind:
If my feeling gets conscious, what will be it like to me?
or in the earlier life of you (like in your childhood), before you were introduced to typology theory, were there any events that would suggest the manifestation of Feeling?
If you had that questions in your mind, would you spend your time on investigating them ?

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Are INTP are book worms?

Is there any desire from yourself to get the unsconscious functions of Si-Fe conscious?

Not really. For me it's about noticing when Si-Fe is causing some stress so I can better manage myself, and avoid getting stuck in bad patterns.

Do you have any question like this in your mind:
If my feeling gets conscious, what will be it like to me?
or in the earlier life of you (like in your childhood), before you were introduced to typology theory, were there any events that would suggest the manifestation of Feeling?
If you had that questions in your mind, would you spend your time on investigating them ?

I don't think this is very clear. Fe is not feelings.

Methylene

Now with more salt.
MBTI Type
LVEF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Are INTP are book worms?

I had completely forgotten about this thread. Such a stereotypical mean I had in mind at the time.

Now. Please, let's forget about stereotypes. It's not your favourite subject or job that defines your type, but your mindset. Of course the latest influences the first one, but it's not a one way. There are INTPs who are bookworms, but there also are ISFJs, ESTJs, ESFPs and whatever who are.
That being said, I'm in uni at the moment, studying chemistry with a curriculum in physical chem. I've graduated from high school years ago, but I liked translating from latin and ancient greek because it's mostly logical and analytic work, and, of course, chemistry, maths and physics, or I wouldn't be here. I hated literature, as it mostly was rote learning, though.
At the moment in uni, I despise organic chemistry, I'm fine with analytical, love physical chem.
I used to read a lot of fiction when I was younger, but at the moment I simply don't have the time. The last books I've read where manuals, about studying russian and C++ programming.