User Tag List

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: It's so hard to me as a NT to live in the majority S world

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Default It's so hard to me as a NT to live in the majority S world

I don't understand damn Sensors. Why are they a majority? Even if I am a rationalist, it so hard to understand and be understood by Sensors.

Any similar experience? Do you as a Rationalist find yourself trapped in the invisible web of Sensors? Fuck Locke, I wanna Descartes!

Why rationalists are a minority?

And then, they (the majority of the populations) ask thyself why he is so tough-skinned, aloof and independent? Why is he must go against the stream?
    Likes Mileva, entp@ladynfreak liked this post

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Array Cellmold's Avatar

Likes MDP2525 liked this post

Queen hunter Array Virtual ghost's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mechnick View Post
    I don't understand damn Sensors. Why are they a majority? Even if I am a rationalist, it so hard to understand and be understood by Sensors.

Any similar experience? Do you as a Rationalist find yourself trapped in the invisible web of Sensors? Fuck Locke, I wanna Descartes!

Why rationalists are a minority?
    There are two components to this:

1.This is because human brain was made what it is before technological revolution. Therefore most people are basically drones that await orders (jobs, social networks etc) ... even if that is politically incorrect thing to say. Of course this isn't black and white issue but I think I can see the general tendency as NTs are much more likely to stay away from all the social BS that society offers. Even to the point of being openly misanthropic.

2. Second thing is pretty practical issue: society of thinkers and generals naturally can't exist. Even if technological development leads us exactly there.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

You're a special snowflake
    INFP
    4w3-6w7-9w8 so/sx
    EII-Ne

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    3w2 so

To me the whole 'why are so many people S' thingie that often occurs to people at young age, I think isnt so much a problem of S or N but rather the result of a low self-esteem, underdeveloped self-conciencse or low self-trust. One may think this happens automatically, cause as a N person you always feel kinda alien in a S world but S people do have it as well, it just shows differently. While the typical depressed N person carries the weight of his burden out on the shoulders of the rest of the World (big picture) the typical depressed S person has a low self-esteem because he thinks, he doesnt look good anough to find a mate or to become a superstar. Its all different to S people but most of them have the same problems.
    assemblage 23 - barren

"People do not like you to be different. If ever in your life you act differently from others, you will find it so, mademoiselle."
    ~Saint's Progress by John Galsworthy

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sp/sx

I think your issue is that you're looking at people in black and white and not in shades of gray. People in general are much more complex then we give credit for, even sensors. Everyone has sensing and intuition, but it lies on a spectrum of what we personally prefer. Some of us have higher percentages of sensing, while others are more borderline or lower.

Just because intuition is rarer than sensing doesn't make you automatically ostracized from society. I always had trouble understanding other people and not fitting in too, and I'm a sensor. I also knew intuitives who got along well with other people. Maybe you should take a good look at yourself and try to see maybe if there is something you can work on instead of just pointing your finger at other people. That is the great thing about typology; it not only helps us in understanding ourselves, but it can help us understand other people too.

Sorry for ranting, but sensor bias is a big pet peeve of mine and is one of the main reasons why I didn't want to come out as a sensor in the first place, because I was afraid people would see me as a simple-minded zombie that just goes about my day and doesn't care about anything with deep thought. Hopefully you can interact with some of us on here and your mind can change.
    Enneagram: 4w39w16w5 sp/sx
    Temperament: Melancholic - Phlegmatic
    Signs: ♋Sun • ♓Moon • ♈Rising
    Aura: Green

Senior Member Array evilrubberduckie's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A None

Ehhh. Stop complaining, it aint so bad. Its not like the rest of the world is made up of aliens and youre the only human being.

Youre a smart guy. Learn to understand others. It aint rocket science.
    "Advance, and never halt, for advancing is perfection. Advance and do not fear the thorns in the path, for they draw only corrupt blood."
    -Kahlil Gibran

What are you waiting for?
    Johari
    Nohari

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    3w2 so

Quote Originally Posted by evilrubberduckie View Post
    Learn to understand others. It aint rocket science.
    It aint? Ok then you can teach me one day, I find understanding people way more difficult than science
    assemblage 23 - barren

"People do not like you to be different. If ever in your life you act differently from others, you will find it so, mademoiselle."
    ~Saint's Progress by John Galsworthy
    Likes Mechnick, labyrinthine, RareBird liked this post

Queen hunter Array Virtual ghost's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by evilrubberduckie View Post

Youre a smart guy. Learn to understand others. It aint rocket science.

Understanding and coexistance are two very different things.
    Likes Mechnick, RareBird liked this post

Senior Member Array Anaximander's Avatar
    Enneagram
    953 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    It aint? Ok then you can teach me one day, I find understanding people way more difficult than science
    To some degree one can learn the basic patterns of human behaviour and they can predict and adapt. The more we navigate social situations, the better we can become at predicting and adapting to others' behavior. It's not perfect and trial and error is a large part of the process.

This can produce the politest misanthropes, the flipside of NFs, who are often the most bitter humanitarians, no?
    you're not even a real journalism

Likes Mechnick, meowington liked this post

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast