• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] It's so hard to me as a NT to live in the majority S world

Mechnick

The Crow
I don't understand damn Sensors. Why are they a majority? Even if I am a rationalist, it so hard to understand and be understood by Sensors.

Any similar experience? Do you as a Rationalist find yourself trapped in the invisible web of Sensors? Fuck Locke, I wanna Descartes!

Why rationalists are a minority?

And then, they (the majority of the populations) ask thyself why he is so tough-skinned, aloof and independent? Why is he must go against the stream?

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
I don't understand damn Sensors. Why are they a majority? Even if I am a rationalist, it so hard to understand and be understood by Sensors.

Any similar experience? Do you as a Rationalist find yourself trapped in the invisible web of Sensors? Fuck Locke, I wanna Descartes!

There are two components to this:

1.This is because human brain was made what it is before technological revolution. Therefore most people are basically drones that await orders (jobs, social networks etc) ... even if that is politically incorrect thing to say. Of course this isn't black and white issue but I think I can see the general tendency as NTs are much more likely to stay away from all the social BS that society offers. Even to the point of being openly misanthropic.

2. Second thing is pretty practical issue: society of thinkers and generals naturally can't exist. Even if technological development leads us exactly there.

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You're a special snowflake

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
To me the whole 'why are so many people S' thingie that often occurs to people at young age, I think isnt so much a problem of S or N but rather the result of a low self-esteem, underdeveloped self-conciencse or low self-trust. One may think this happens automatically, cause as a N person you always feel kinda alien in a S world but S people do have it as well, it just shows differently. While the typical depressed N person carries the weight of his burden out on the shoulders of the rest of the World (big picture) the typical depressed S person has a low self-esteem because he thinks, he doesnt look good anough to find a mate or to become a superstar. Its all different to S people but most of them have the same problems.

I think your issue is that you're looking at people in black and white and not in shades of gray. People in general are much more complex then we give credit for, even sensors. Everyone has sensing and intuition, but it lies on a spectrum of what we personally prefer. Some of us have higher percentages of sensing, while others are more borderline or lower.

Just because intuition is rarer than sensing doesn't make you automatically ostracized from society. I always had trouble understanding other people and not fitting in too, and I'm a sensor. I also knew intuitives who got along well with other people. Maybe you should take a good look at yourself and try to see maybe if there is something you can work on instead of just pointing your finger at other people. That is the great thing about typology; it not only helps us in understanding ourselves, but it can help us understand other people too.

Sorry for ranting, but sensor bias is a big pet peeve of mine and is one of the main reasons why I didn't want to come out as a sensor in the first place, because I was afraid people would see me as a simple-minded zombie that just goes about my day and doesn't care about anything with deep thought. Hopefully you can interact with some of us on here and your mind can change. :)

evilrubberduckie

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Ehhh. Stop complaining, it aint so bad. Its not like the rest of the world is made up of aliens and youre the only human being.

Youre a smart guy. Learn to understand others. It aint rocket science.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It aint? Ok then you can teach me one day, I find understanding people way more difficult than science :D

To some degree one can learn the basic patterns of human behaviour and they can predict and adapt. The more we navigate social situations, the better we can become at predicting and adapting to others' behavior. It's not perfect and trial and error is a large part of the process.

This can produce the politest misanthropes, the flipside of NFs, who are often the most bitter humanitarians, no?

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
most people, both S and N, are a lot closer to the center line that they get credit for being... bell curves and all of that. the idea that there is some sort of stark dichotomy between sensing and intuition is a myth propagated by websites that just skim the surface as opposed to looking at things a bit more closely... it's sliding scales and we're all shades of gray.

attitude with which one takes things makes the biggest difference... any of the MBTI dichotomies can make a person feel alien if they sit and focus on the differences (i.e. being a woman with a traditionally "masculine" personality type) which means that if you want to slip effortlessly through society the easiest thing to do is to focus on the similarities instead :shrug:

Permabanned
most people, both S and N, are a lot closer to the center line that they get credit for being... bell curves and all of that. the idea that there is some sort of stark dichotomy between sensing and intuition is a myth propagated by websites that just skim the surface as opposed to looking at things a bit more closely... it's sliding scales and we're all shades of gray.

attitude with which one takes things makes the biggest difference... any of the MBTI dichotomies can make a person feel alien if they sit and focus on the differences (i.e. being a woman with a traditionally "masculine" personality type) which means that if you want to slip effortlessly through society the easiest thing to do is to focus on the similarities instead :shrug:
perception is so subjective tho - phobik
;)

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9?
Instinctual Variant
sp
Just because intuition is rarer than sensing doesn't make you automatically ostracized from society. I always had trouble understanding other people and not fitting in too, and I'm a sensor. I also knew intuitives who got along well with other people. Maybe you should take a good look at yourself and try to see maybe if there is something you can work on instead of just pointing your finger at other people. That is the great thing about typology; it not only helps us in understanding ourselves, but it can help us understand other people too.

I'm another Sensor (ISFP in fact) who's felt out of place just about everywhere I go, and that's part of why I typed as an iNtuitive. How does that even happen, I wonder now? It seems a natural consequence that someone who thinks totally differently, who processes information and looks at the world in a totally alien fashion and is naturally strongly attuned to the deeper aspects of life, would end up being ostracized out of envy or perceived danger.

But how does someone who's just like everyone else fall into the delusion that they're a misfit?

Sorry for ranting, but sensor bias is a big pet peeve of mine and is one of the main reasons why I didn't want to come out as a sensor in the first place, because I was afraid people would see me as a simple-minded zombie that just goes about my day and doesn't care about anything with deep thought. Hopefully you can interact with some of us on here and your mind can change. :)

Well, you are, by default. Several people here have already pointed that out.

Then again, I mistyped as an N for a couple of years for fear of confronting the truth.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9

And then, they (the majority of the populations) ask thyself why he is so tough-skinned, aloof and independent? Why is he must go against the stream?

Seriously, the world couldn't run without the Sensors. Drop the shitty attitude about them. Find one. Get to know them. They just won't admire you the way 3's need people to do so, be prepared for rejection.

Mechnick

The Crow
You can learn how to adapt, but you will always be a minority. All sensor who I know have a jobs, they listen and obey, they like hierarchy.
There is always one sensor who is at charge.
I don't hate Sensors, I do like manny of them, but sometimes, they are annoying.
I came to this forum to learn some Sensors stuff. And to find fellow NTs and share experiences.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Well you're in a trap:

If you stay here. You'll just end up having to respect everybody. :tongue:

If you go to those fb purist groups. Trust me, those sensor mistypes wear intuitive hoods. Or intuitors. :laugh:

Pick your poison. A lot of people seem to take others by face value. So be it.

I much prefer this site, and that's healthy thinking to accept those of who they are. You know I love self-aware sensors. And I dislike non self-aware sensors who disguise themselves as intuitives. But that's my individual problem it seems.

Can't have everything I suppose.

Mechnick

The Crow
Seriously, the world couldn't run without the Sensors. Drop the shitty attitude about them. Find one. Get to know them. They just won't admire you the way 3's need people to do so, be prepared for rejection.

The reason why I came to this forum, is because I do know manny of them. 80 %. The real world is full of Sensors, the Internet is the place where NTs should be a majority.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
The reason why I came to this forum, is because I do know manny of them. 80 %. The real world is full of Sensors, the Internet is the place where NTs should be a majority.

Hmm. What are your thoughts on Feelers?

Mechnick

The Crow
Well you're in a trap:

If you stay here. You'll just end up having to respect everybody. :tongue:

If you go to those fb purist groups. Trust me, those sensor mistypes wear intuitive hoods. Or intuitors. :laugh:

Pick your poison. A lot of people seem to take others by face value. So be it.

I much prefer this site, and that's healthy thinking to accept those of who they are. You know I love self-aware sensors. And I dislike non self-aware sensors who disguise themselves as intuitives. But that's my individual problem it seems.

Can't have everything I suppose.

This is what I call a mature and a wellcoming posting.

Well, you are, by default. Several people here have already pointed that out.

Then again, I mistyped as an N for a couple of years for fear of confronting the truth.

Maybe you consider yourself that, but I certainly don't. If that is the case, perhaps I am mistyped then. I still have doubts over my type because I do relate to both INFPs and ISFPS, but I think I'm just a little more on the sensing side. Again, sensing and intuition are all on a spectrum, so it seems a bit presumptuous to just automatically assume someone is a simpleton based on their type. All I know is I sure feel like an alien too, and I definitely am not someone who just follows the "rules" of life and doesn't question anything.