• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] It's so hard to me as a NT to live in the majority S world

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm in GenX, and am sort of in-between. I would say it's not always a sign of failure (I don't think of anything in terms of sin), and often society is to blame. At least society often doesn't make it easy. Still, I know plenty of people who have had periods of joblessness, sometimes protracted, and seem to sabotage their own efforts through ineffective job hunting methods, being overly picky, stupid things like DUIs on their record, etc. Sometimes you can afford to be picky, say, if your partner has a really good job, or you are reasonably wealthy, or you have valuable niche skills and are sure it won't be long before the right opportunity comes up. Sometimes, though, you just need a job to pay the bills or support your family, even if it isn't what you prefer, and doesn't pay what you are used to. Then you work your way back up from there.
My training would place me in college teaching, which I have done as an adjunct and online, but being immersed teaching in academia made me literally sick because of the dynamics, so I had to figure out how to freelance in the creative arts. I have worked really hard, but just in a very messy, freelancing way. The problems for my personality are very similar to the problems my Fi-dom colleagues experience because it takes the very personal, places it on display for rigorous judgment and competition. Many of the Fi-doms I know couldn't touch their creative art for years after their training, and I had similar struggles (which is also why I wonder sometimes about being Fi-dom and such). I have found many professional environments to be dysfunctional by psychological standards, so I can't really fault people who can't deal with it.

MBTI Type
ISIS
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Why, then, all the Sensors I know have a job, an I, as a NT don't.
The answers:
A: The Sensors are suitable
B: The NTs are competent
C: The Sensors are less competent, but suitable
D: The NTs are more competent, but less suitable
E: The Society is oportunistic, and hypocritic
F: The Sensors are majority. Just like Japanese in Japan where all The Others are 'Gaijin'*

* Outlanders, Strangers, 'Aliens in New York'

Blame your problems on everyone but yourself.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My training would place me in college teaching, which I have done as an adjunct and online, but being immersed teaching in academia made me literally sick because of the dynamics, so I had to figure out how to freelance in the creative arts. I have worked really hard, but just in a very messy, freelancing way. The problems for my personality are very similar to the problems my Fi-dom colleagues experience because it takes the very personal, places it on display for rigorous judgment and competition. Many of the Fi-doms I know couldn't touch their creative art for years after their training, and I had similar struggles (which is also why I wonder sometimes about being Fi-dom and such). I have found many professional environments to be dysfunctional by psychological standards, so I can't really fault people who can't deal with it.
My work environment is dysfunctional in many ways, too, and I suspect more people would leave if they didn't need the money and benefits. Most of them are men with families, whose wives earn significantly less than they do. As someone who earns a good salary, and whose spouse earns about the same amount, I have more options, fortunately.

Mechnick

The Crow
Nobody likes me just because I'm 34 years old Albino virgin with wooden leg and plastic pee bag.

Litsnob

I think that the S types are the majority because they are the ones who will do all of the practical work. We need more workers in a society than we need inventors or witchdoctors, thus NF and NT types are less common.

S-types tend to frustrate me too but I was raised by them so I have learned how to love at least some of them. ;-)

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
I think that the S types are the majority because they are the ones who will do all of the practical work. We need more workers in a society than we need inventors or witchdoctors, thus NF and NT types are less common.

S-types tend to frustrate me too but I was raised by them so I have learned how to love at least some of them. ;-)

My opinion is that S's are the majority because N's by their very nature look for alternative possibilities. By the very nature of being alternative they are less populated than the ones who go the typical route.

It's like what's written on Highly Sensitive Person on wikipedia - they go for a "shortcut", but if everyone uses a shortcut, it no longer becomes a shortcut because then all the traffic goes that way.

Litsnob

My opinion is that S's are the majority because N's by their very nature look for alternative possibilities. By the very nature of being alternative they are less populated than the ones who go the typical route.

It's like what's written on Highly Sensitive Person on wikipedia - they go for a "shortcut", but if everyone uses a shortcut, it no longer becomes a shortcut because then all the traffic goes that way.

I need you to be more specific about how alternative possibilities lead to fewer Ns in the population. I was going with an evolutionary biology approach, and I'm thinking that groups would thrive better with more S types and that N types may even be more likely to get killed.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
I need you to be more specific about how alternative possibilities lead to fewer Ns in the population. I was going with an evolutionary biology approach, and I'm thinking that groups would thrive better with more S types and that N types may even be more likely to get killed.

I can't be too specific, but Intuition probably has negative frequency-dependent selection.

(and also, I think Feeling would have positive frequency-dependent selection, because Feelers are more prone to share, and the more people who are sharing, the better sharing works)

RAP-2698

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Ah, same for me. No wonder, we live in 'S' people world, there are most people who pursue endless mundane pleasure. Hmm, i think we must embrace ourselves to understanding 'S' people with our different perspective. That's why we always prone to detach ourselves from this world.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Ah, same for me. No wonder, we live in 'S' people world, there are most people who pursue endless mundane pleasure. Hmm, i think we must embrace ourselves to understanding 'S' people with our different perspective. That's why we always prone to detach ourselves from this world.

*licks NT*

:spindance:

geedoenfj

The more you know..
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It's even harder when you're a NF I'm telling you :violin:

human101

MBTI Type
NiTe
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sx
I appreciate Sensors, we need them.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I appreciate Sensors, we need them.
Sure - temperature sensors, humidity sensors, radiation sensors, vibration sensors, photo sensors . . .

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

Believe me, you don't know sensors at all if you think all we do is sit around staring at our office cubicle wall all day thinking about last night's potluck.