User Tag List

First 1234513 Last

MBTI
    Gone

Quote Originally Posted by ThaumaturgicTheorist View Post
    I'm another Sensor (ISFP in fact) who's felt out of place just about everywhere I go, and that's part of why I typed as an iNtuitive. How does that even happen, I wonder now? It seems a natural consequence that someone who thinks totally differently, who processes information and looks at the world in a totally alien fashion and is naturally strongly attuned to the deeper aspects of life, would end up being ostracized out of envy or perceived danger.

But how does someone who's just like everyone else fall into the delusion that they're a misfit?

Well, you are, by default. Several people here have already pointed that out.

Then again, I mistyped as an N for a couple of years for fear of confronting the truth.
    Exactly...i initially typed as N. Its actually a mental process that helped me realize we go about things backwards. Nothing at all to do with the world itself. I actually get along very easy with both S and N types. As well as struggle with both S and N types.

I think the biggest issue between S and N is correlation...not reality.
    Im out, its been fun
    Likes prplchknz liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    Hmm. What are your thoughts on Feelers?
    Feelers are sweet, as long as they avoid a victim mentality, and as long as they are not immature emotional vampires. Mature feelers are one of the sweetest human beings around.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Mechnick View Post
    I don't understand damn Sensors. Why are they a majority? Even if I am a rationalist, it so hard to understand and be understood by Sensors.

Any similar experience? Do you as a Rationalist find yourself trapped in the invisible web of Sensors? Fuck Locke, I wanna Descartes!

Why rationalists are a minority?

And then, they (the majority of the populations) ask thyself why he is so tough-skinned, aloof and independent? Why is he must go against the stream?
    This is just my guess, as I am definitely not a strong sensor comparing to my, in comparison only, overpowering intuitive function. Sensors are more into the world and attached to the physical world. As a world that is physical, it means it is advantageous for sensors because the input is direct. So there isn't really a problem for them to just live in the present, inside a visible place, and enjoy life. Since they probably not as interested in mbti, we don't see them here.

However it is not true in this world. The language and the way of expression is already sensor biased, unless you are talking about spirituality or religion. It doesn't matter so much. Sensor catering articles are just everywhere. Like my sensor dominated parents, it is entirely impossible to communixate with them without using and understanding their language. They won't get it. Full stop.
    MBTI: ~ INFJ / INTP (My mate pointed out something about INTP and INFJ.)
    http://www.intpforum.com/showthread.php?t=7016
    http://www.sociotype.com/tests/result/ost/27390

[

Senior Member ThaumaturgicTheorist's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9? sp

Quote Originally Posted by Poki View Post
    Exactly...i initially typed as N. Its actually a mental process that helped me realize we go about things backwards. Nothing at all to do with the world itself.
    Could you elaborate?
    ISFP/ESI
    9w1-3w4-6w5 sp/so
    Solitary>Sensitive=Serious

"My cognitive functions include Introverted Feeling and Introverted Suffering."

Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    ENTj Ni

Sensors are not like 80% of the population...I would say its fairly balanced.

Anyone can feel left out, like they don't fit in, alienated etc for various reasons. I don't think its so much a question of being an NT as it is being young and not knowing where you fit in yet like @entropie said.

You probably just need to find more people who share your values in life. Stop looking at types, and look at people. I'm sure there is a place where you fit in when it comes to society. And I'm not talking about online groups...I mean in real life.
    Likes miss fortune, EJCC liked this post

MBTI
    INxx
    Enneagram
    614 sx/so

Feelers are sweet, as long as they avoid a victim mentality, and as long as they are not immature emotional vampires. Mature feelers are one of the sweetest human beings around.
    Your OP is a great example of a victim mentality.

MBTI
    Gone

Quote Originally Posted by ThaumaturgicTheorist View Post
    Could you elaborate?
    When problem solving they tend to want details when i want conceptual. When they tend to move towards conceptual i tend to move towards detail. This is working together solving or analyzing same problem. Almost like we start different, meet in the middle, then head off different directions to meet again in the middle. The S vs N just dictates where we both go first, not whether we just "S" or just "N". I hate words sensor and intuitive due to the connotations given to the words itself outside of MBTI being corrolated with actual S vs N within MBTI.
    Im out, its been fun

MBTI
    IxxP
    Enneagram
    953 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Are we majority S in this world? I thought that was based mostly on Myers' and Briggs' own assumption/conclusion.

If it is a majority, I'd guess roughly 60-70% at the most.

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Anaximander View Post
    Are we majority S in this world? I thought that was based mostly on Myers' and Briggs' own assumption/conclusion.

If it is a majority, I'd guess roughly 60-70% at the most.
    Yeah, I don't put much stock at all really in any stats -- notably because said stats are from people taking tests, and we already know (this thread is case in point) that many S's have tested as N before realizing preference is S.

I'd agree it's not nearly as high as 80% S.

Too, some N's (and S's) assume N = intelligent, and things like that used to be much more prevalent on the internet but it's not as much the case anymore, thank goodness. There will be a lot of stupid N's out there as well (who are probably typed by smart N's as S - because said less intelligent N's are making the wrong connections or aren't relatable to the more intelligent N) -- which leads to the other common thing which is if one is intelligent or 'able to make connections' or has a high IQ or is a misunderstood misfit, , those characteristics alone mean they are N. Not true.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ
    Likes yama liked this post

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

You can learn how to adapt, but you will always be a minority. All sensor who I know have a jobs, they listen and obey, they like hierarchy.
    fyi you are referring to a small subset of Sensors.

Also what you describe could have strong ties to Te/Fe.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ
    Likes yama liked this post

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• :hi:
  • :bye:
  • :)
  • :smile:
  • :wubbie:
  • :D
  • :hug:
  • :happy2:
  • :newwink: