• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Top Three Reasons For Why INTs Suck

SubjectA

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1) We're argumentative...actually we just like to debate a lot.
2) We have very high standards.
3) We often throw ethics out the window.

Matthew_Z

That chalkboard guy
MBTI Type
xxxx
3) We often throw ethics out the window.
I wouldn't say we throw them out the window. I think "putting them on the backburner" would be a more accurate metaphor.

"We shall apply ethics AFTER we have created a potentially unethical situation."

kelric

Feline Member
MBTI Type
INtP
er14370_lollipop_a.jpg

Argus

MBTI Type
ENTP
2. Over-thinking, under-doing. (More an INTP thing, but still...)

3. Constantly needing to critique/improve something, rather than easily enjoying it.

I would sat those are more xNTP things.

statuesquechica

MBTI Type
INFj
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
QUOTE=mibnelius;518088]1)
We sometimes have discomforting insights into the unpleasant machinations of everyday existence

This really struck me with so much truth...and I can totally relate having had a serious relationship for 14 years with someone who is INTP. He would point out the ugly truths that sometimes I would be blind to; it brought me many moments of questioning, but that balance is necessary. He is incredibly intelligent, (testing as a genius), very humble, funny, patient, kind, awkward at times, very isolative. So many good qualities but his desire to be left alone in his own thoughts was very difficult at times because I desired some type of mental connection, if not always physical. Probably the reason we stayed together so long is because of my own inquisitiveness and our love of learning that we could share together.

Reading this thread just helps me understand him better and appreciate his struggles all the more. Thanks for the insight.

The Decline

(☞゚∀゚)☞
MBTI Type
?
Enneagram
5w4
We can be sharply insensitive, and isolate.

I HATE YOU DAD!

(goes upstairs and cranks you jonas brothers)

Minus the Jonas Brothers (shudder), I'm seeing a trend of being very misunderstood by parents in INTs

Lithium Onyx

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6

Minus the Jonas Brothers (shudder), I'm seeing a trend of being very misunderstood by parents in INTs

Being an INTP kid living with their (widowed, ESFJ) parent, I can definitely identify with this. :yes:

Suffice it to say, I'd be afraid of any male beyond eleven who listens to the Jonas Brothers.

colourscientist

Being an INTP kid living with their (widowed, ESFJ) parent, I can definitely identify with this. :yes:

Suffice it to say, I'd be afraid of any male beyond eleven who listens to the Jonas Brothers.

you misunderstand each other because your perspectives are alien to each other. end.

Valuable_Money

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w6

It was more of a joke on the whole perspective of "Im not misunderstanding other people they are misunderstanding ME"

Jack_Rabid

MBTI Type
ISFP
1-Being emotionally oblivious to the people you love..
2-rationalizing emotion
3-being emotionally oblivious to the people you love..

Yep, those 3 things make being an INTJ suck

Nyx

1. feeling isolated because of your brilliant/idiosyncratic thought (also, feeling misanthropic, naturally)

2. failing at interpersonal relationships because of your inability to be affectionate and considerate more often than not

3. a tendency to be overly cerebral...making you want to smash your head open at times

I want to add another one because I am a female INT and that is gender expectations...
I know personally it freaks many a male out when I look feminine but am directionally male. I approach relationships and friendships with the mind set of being an intellectual and mental equal. I think a lot of guys are either threatened by this or just plain freaked out that I can be so detached(male) yet still be definitely feminine. I have/had many guys who are/were interested in me but I have remained unavailable because I am detached and come off as emotionally cold. It sucks because obviously I do not choose to be this way. This issue creates a certain kind of tension in all of my relationships with males.

Jasz

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
1. Can't do something just to be nice or just to fit in or just to get it done -- it always has to be LOGICAL at some level. (@#@&^!!!)

soo true and such a source of conflicts with our beloved F's and SJ's

Lithium Onyx

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
1. feeling isolated because of your brilliant/idiosyncratic thought (also, feeling misanthropic, naturally)

2. failing at interpersonal relationships because of your inability to be affectionate and considerate more often than not

3. a tendency to be overly cerebral...making you want to smash your head open at times

:Doh!: You hit the nail on (my) head.

Not being super feminine (but still xx and a Kinsey 2, go figure), it stikes people as weird that I'm not at all emotionally-driven. And as far as interpersonal relationships, I could take it or leave it, so I +1 you there.

Nyx

:Doh!: You hit the nail on (my) head.

Not being super feminine (but still xx and a Kinsey 2, go figure), it stikes people as weird that I'm not at all emotionally-driven. And as far as interpersonal relationships, I could take it or leave it, so I +1 you there.

Finally! I know I'm not alone in my freaky NT female existence

sgman

MBTI Type
INFP
My 3 are based on my experiences living with an INTJ roommate for a year, and then having an INTJ group member in a class. Its interesting cuz as rare as they are supposed to be, I keep running into them. So I guess this is more about INTJs.

1. Lack of regard for others. Stuff like not taking credit for someone else's work, and being more involved when it comes to living with another person. Nobody asked you to sign up for a double when you wanted to be left alone. Not doing your share of the chores is not the way to express your resentment. Maybe a better way to put it is: assholry.

2. Passive-aggression/covert-aggression. Especially INTJs; they are very ambitious fellows who don't often show it overtly. They have goals in mind and pretty much, they don't really care who they step on to get there.

3. Prone to jealousy/ bad losers. They seem to be born with a win-lose mentality - if I win, you must lose.

Strangely enough, I do better with INTPs. One would think they are even more intolerant of my INFP ways, since their Feeling function is ranked 4th. Maybe my sharp Ne makes up for the differences in thought process. For my part, I relate to our surface similarity. The slight slouch, not anal about time and deadlines, slightly unkempt appearance, same tendency to look kind of "nerdy." They are still bad losers though.

Kra

Black Magic Buzzard
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
My grievance list with being an INTJ.

1. Detaches so easily that you often leave emotional opportunities by the wayside because they are "more trouble than they're worth."

2. Has a strict set of self-imposed standards that one holds oneself to more than anyone else, yet no one else listens to that last part.

3. Not realizing that she was flirting with you all night until after you left the bar (damned Se).

silverlining

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w7
My 3.

1. Being so emotionally detached from most people that I don't see the point in having long-term relationships with others.

2. Forgetting that I'm entitled to feel emotions in situations when most people get emotional. And forgetting that it doesn't make someone else a bad person to be sad over something I view as trivial. (i.e. parents divorcing, bad breakup, etc.)

3. Not really thinking that any of those above-stated testimonies are actually bad things, but knowing that I probably should.

Nettie

MBTI Type
intp
Barbara Streisand made me jealous when she said 'People. People who need people, are the luckiest people in the world'

Some days, I think she's right

Tikka

MBTI Type
INFJ
Just a question to all you NT's. I see that many of you are proud individuals who can easily detach emotion when making decisions. You do not really care if people like you or your decisions.

My questions:

1) You're human. So you do have emotions. Do you feel you need to consciously surpress them, or is the surpressing 'natural' and is it going automatically?

2) Are emotions a nuisance to you? Why?

My type's (ENFJ) weak points are that every action we take we do for the benefit of others, cancelling our own needs out of the equation. That's probably the opposite as what the NT's naturally do. For us: if others are happy, we are happy. We are focused on not to offend anyone (unless the group benefits), we hate conflict (unless the group benefits, etc.) and we like status quo.

So I'm just curious to NT's natural abilities and their rationale, they're way of coping or showing them, so I can perhaps get new insights on improving my own weak points.

People might find some of your character traits suck, but understanding them might turn out to be useful for me. ;)