• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Top Three Reasons For Why INTs Suck

Vildechaya

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
In life I use my knowlege of my "type" as a tool for personal growth. It is interesting food for thought.
Here in the internet, I have discovered a sad amount of elitism among the "INT"s which is very stupid and unreasonable.
The mockery and attacks on the lifestyles, posts, art, and even the sloan and socionics subtype all done with a dramatic cynical twist.
I am an INTP and am a true INTP , I am very openminded, (as long as someone else's decisions don't DIRECTLY affect me I just find them interesting)
What I have noticed so far is that the sloan RCOEIs are more aggressive than the RCUEIs and a primary 'Calm' is oten more judgemental and smug(for lack of a better word) than a primary 'Inquizitive'
But in real life would Mr.Spock have mocked Albert Einstein?
INT against INT is very sad and SUCKS!

Last edited:

mortabunt

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Enneagram
1. Too few of us.
2. We are strange.
3. Society undervalues us.

Our society is geared to towards ESXX types.

mortabunt

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Enneagram
To the extent that MBTI is a convincing model for personality study, I have tended to especially like INTs for their quiet clarity and even-tempered approach to life. Those I have known who most closely match the descriptions in the MBTI literature and who have a level of maturity have been the people I often admire the most and feel most comfortable including in my life.

That being said, there is a strange irony i have noticed in my years of being on these forums. For some reason there are people with INT by their name who approach life in a fundamentally judgmental manner - especially in social interactions. I think this might result from a combination of social pessimism, a limited ability to process and respond to emotional communication, and an assumption of being "intuitive", which is assumed to mean one can make accurate snap judgments. It's possible that projecting the judgments is related to receiving judgments in real life, so that it can become the assume style of social interaction. There can also be confusion between "telling it like it is" and "telling it like my prejudicial assumptions think it is". This can result in suspicion in the presence of emotional communication which results in judgments such as: the person is manipulative, this person is fake and insincere, the person pities self, has no integrity, is not intelligent, etc. The worst offenders have typically been banned, socially rejected by the INT norm, or feared and respected, depending on their own skills at communication. There is at least a thin layer of common judgments present in the norm. There have been examples of public shaming and other methods of control over the years on various forums to act out these judgments.

My point is that the extreme cases of judgmental behaviors are notable. It is an ironic phenomenon because the true type by nature is arguably the least judgmental of any group of people.

Edit: I am a little uncomfortable saying this is a reason "why INTs suck", since I've been friends with more than one of the worst offenders over the years who were rejected by the norm. It's pretty clear that life is much more arduous for the judger than for the judgee.

Luckily for me, I would rather just let you yell at each other and toss in grenades when things get predictable. Thanks for the compliment

therationaledge

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
8w7
1) We sometimes have discomforting insights into the unpleasant machinations of everyday existence.
2) Half the time I find out that nobody has any clue as to what the hall I'm saying.
3) The ever-growing plasma ball of rage suspended inside each of us by a gossamer thread.

YES! Couldn't have put it better myself

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Luckily for me, I would rather just let you yell at each other and toss in grenades when things get predictable. Thanks for the compliment
I hope you read the actual compliment in my post because it is sincere. I also don't mean to single INTs out because the same issue of extremism can exist in any group. The part that stands out to me is the irony of the two extremes that can happen with people who identify as the type (I think the same could be said of my type). I've spent many years one-on-one with rather hard-core INTPs and in day to day mundane living they are clear thinking, fair, and not judgmental. I've also ended up becoming friends with some who take extreme enough positions to get banned or rejected partly out of curiosity about how their mind works and appreciated the interaction even if it involved judgments. I recently encountered some of the judgments that INTs receive and yeah, it does put it in a little different light. I'm getting rather burnt out on the MBTI based attacks whichever end I find myself on.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
In life I use my knowlege of my "type" as a tool for personal growth. It is interesting food for thought.
Here in the internet, I have discovered a sad amount of elitism among the "INT"s which is very stupid and unreasonable.
The mockery and attacks on the lifestyles, posts, art, and even the sloan and socionics subtype all done with a dramatic cynical twist.
I am an INTP and am a true INTP , I am very openminded, (as long as someone else's decisions don't DIRECTLY affect me I just find them interesting)
What I have noticed so far is that the sloan RCOEIs are more aggressive than the RCUEIs and a primary 'Calm' is oten more judgemental and smug(for lack of a better word) than a primary 'Inquizitive'

Very true in some cases, though most aren't so bad when you get to know them one on one ime ;)

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I am DIRECTLY affected by the deliciousness that is an INT posting in a thread about why INTs suck, to say they suck for saying other INTs suck.
AND, being taken seriously!

Humour. You're quite good at it. For an INTJ.

nozflubber

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
MBTI Type
Hype
Toonia's talking about groups of INTs that hangout with primarily INTs? Where the fuck does this happen? INTs don't congeal around other INTs, when we find them, we usually find them as secure and intelligence as ourselves, share whatever insights/criticisms we can think of, then go about our day. We don't need to "Bond" or any of that

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
^see INTPCentral.

On second thoughts, don't.

forzen

MBTI Type
INTJ
1. When a SJ makes a joke regarding someone's characteristic (albeit untrue and ridiculous), everyone laughs.
When a NT make a joke about someone's characteristic, its perceived as cold and cruel (probably because its a obvious characteristic).
2. Having to listen to sport talk all day (basketball, football, etc) because your work center is full of SJs.
3. Not being able to contribute to any said topic because of lack of interest then being singled out.
4. Resorting to wikipedia'ing basketball players, football players, etc and trying to sound like you been watching sports since you were born.

Seriously, these people talk about sports all day everyday. I have nothing against it, but common......

Last edited:

The Decline

(☞゚∀゚)☞
MBTI Type
?
Enneagram
5w4
INTPs:
- fail miserably at implementing their excellent & creative ideas
- often don't utilize enough the experiences and sharing of ideas with others that could very well help them in their endeavors; stuck in loner ways
- are afraid of/distant from emotions quite a bit

Redbud

MBTI Type
INTP
1. When a SJ makes a joke regarding someone's characteristic (albeit untrue and ridicilous), everyone laughs.
When a NT make a joke about someone's characteristic, its perceived as cold and cruel (probably because its a obvious characteristic).
2. Having to listen to sport talk all day (basketball, football, etc) because your work center is full of SJs.
3. Not being able to contribute to any said topic because of lack of interest then being singled out.
4. Resorting to wikipedia'ing basketball players, football players, etc and trying to sound like you been watching sports since you were born.

Seriously, these people talk about sports all day everyday. I have nothing against it, but common......

1. Oh, God...Pro Team Sports. I can't think of anything more boring-except college team sports. I would actually rather talk about a root canal. I'm pretty sure that at least I would learn something interesting during that conversation. Not fitting into the mainstream and being singled out as square peg does kind of stink. Trying to fake it by pretending an interest in sports stinks worse.

2. The joke thing-I agree. Seems like other people get a pass on making jokes or comments that seem insulting or inappropriate but those same words just don't work coming from my face.

3. Parties often stink. The music is often loud so you can't hear worth a darn to talk to other people (who don't like your jokes or are often talking about sports anyway...); I don't like dancing-too much like a public performance with no rehearsal; if I sit in a corner and just listen to music I get comments about being 'sad', not feeling well, or just being anti-social; if I don't go I offend people; and I make drunks nervous because even when I'm drunk, I look and sound sober.

4. Meeting other NT's who fit the negative stereotype. I'm pretty excited to meet someone I think I have things in common with, so it is sad if the person
turns out to be too arrogant to talk to.

5. The frustration of trying to climb the corporate ladder even though I know I don't fit the skirt for the typical executive.

forzen

MBTI Type
INTJ
1. Oh, God...Pro Team Sports. I can't think of anything more boring-except college team sports. I would actually rather talk about a root canal. I'm pretty sure that at least I would learn something interesting during that conversation. Not fitting into the mainstream and being singled out as square peg does kind of stink. Trying to fake it by pretending an interest in sports stinks worse.

2. The joke thing-I agree. Seems like other people get a pass on making jokes or comments that seem insulting or inappropriate but those same words just don't work coming from my face.

3. Parties often stink. The music is often loud so you can't hear worth a darn to talk to other people (who don't like your jokes or are often talking about sports anyway...); I don't like dancing-too much like a public performance with no rehearsal; if I sit in a corner and just listen to music I get comments about being 'sad', not feeling well, or just being anti-social; if I don't go I offend people; and I make drunks nervous because even when I'm drunk, I look and sound sober.

4. Meeting other NT's who fit the negative stereotype. I'm pretty excited to meet someone I think I have things in common with, so it is sad if the person
turns out to be too arrogant to talk to.

5. The frustration of trying to climb the corporate ladder even though I know I don't fit the skirt for the typical executive.

Yes, I can't make a joke without sounding cold and cruel, so i resort to jokes that don't applies to anyone. While my friend loves to put me in the spotlight. It doesn't offend me cause its part of his personality (i know cause he does it to practically everyone). The sport thing happens daily so i'm use to it by now. I did get to know a INTJ chick, she's pretty cool to hang out with. But like all my relationship, i can't seem to get attached to anyone (not that it bothers me), so people has to either call me up or we have to run to each other to have a conversation (i don't know if other INTP have this problem). So i stay on mutual ground with other INT cause they are also too introvert to initiate anything.

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
1. When a SJ makes a joke regarding someone's characteristic (albeit untrue and ridiculous), everyone laughs.

(1)keep interrupting, tell them you don't understand what thety say and you want an opportunity to talk
(2)say the opposite of what they say. If they say something is good, you say it is bad
(3) Bullshit, say things that don't make sense
(4)Argue, argue, argue
(5) Close your eyes, go to sleep, right in front of their sight
(6)bring a few INTX and an ENTX, and let gradually stir the conversation to what you want to say

That is all I can think of.

Popsicle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
But like all my relationship, i can't seem to get attached to anyone (not that it bothers me), so people has to either call me up or we have to run to each other to have a conversation (i don't know if other INTP have this problem). So i stay on mutual ground with other INT cause they are also too introvert to initiate anything.

I have an INTP friend who is very similar. If I want to do anything with him, I have to initiate contact. Every time. It has always been this way. I have known him long enough, however, to realize he is like this with everyone...even his family.

I'd almost think he was not interested in being friends, but he always is happy to see me and we always have a good time. He even thanks me for setting up whatever we do and tells me he is looking forward to the next time.

But I know that if we are to do it again, I have to arrange it. If I didn't, I'd not be surprised if I never heard from him again.

Popsicle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1

I think this is an issue for INFs too. I seriously do not get it. I'm dating an ISFJ who is emotionally invested in so many teams I can't keep track. I have given up trying to understand the fascination and just accept it as a quirk of his. :)