• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Top Three Reasons For Why INTs Suck

Willfrey

MBTI Type
IsTP
1. Complete ineptitude dealing with relationships
2. Very pessimistic tendencies
3. Lack of drive
4. Trouble following rules

(last line is a joke, laughing optional)

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
this topic totally sucks, it should be a 'sticky' thing. but rather lie dead in the graveyard or something.

Eirhead

MBTI Type
INT-
Obsessive (but only about things I like ;) )

I(80%)N(77%)T(77%)-(0%)

Jwill

MBTI Type
INTJ
Personally, I think INTs are great. Maybe that's my self-loving coming out.

I used to hate the fact that people always seemed to misunderstand me or think I was prideful and aloof. Since then, I've tried to get over myself a little and realize that it was my own damned fault. I try harder to see the emotional side of things. I try to be at least somewhat sociable at parties. I try to rein in the sarcasm when I'm around strangers or new friends. etc, etc, etc.

Anyway, I guess we have the fault of sometimes blaming others for what's wrong with the world/our lives. As a child, I felt lonely and misunderstood. Unlike most kids, I didn't wish to be like everyone else. Rather, I wished everyone else could be like me. Why should I change when my way is best? That was my extreme confidence talking... Since then, I've learned that changing a little to suit other people isn't such a bad thing.

In Pride and Prejudice, Elizabeth chastises Mr. Darcy (INTJ) for being unsociable, saying that she always presumed shyness to be the individual's fault for not trying to change. When I was younger, that part of the book annoyed me. I thought she was being so rigid and was unwilling to understand Mr. Darcy. Nowadays, I think she has a great point. The world's not going to change to suit us, so we should adapt to suit the world (at least a little bit, anyway). I love who I am, and I won't change the important things. That's stupid. But, I will tone down the things that make it difficult for me to get along in society. It's only logical...

Rainman

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
There are no reasons because I'm pretty much spot on all of the time.

But I'll humour the thread

1. Lazy (But I'm only lazy about things that don't matter, only matter to foolish people)

2. Lack emotion (emotions only lead to conflict so I'm right to limit them)

3. Not very social (Because people in todays society have nothing interesting to say, therefore it is difficult to participate in crap conversations about nothing).

Done!

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Few things make me more annoyed than people rejecting my ideas or even criticizing my intelligence or motives, when it's clear that they haven't bothered to really look at all the angles (if any of them) and I know I spent a lot of time thoroughly going through things beforehand.

Gosh, wherever would you have encountered this attitude? Surely not here on INTypology Central!

Mycroft

The elder Holmes
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Something I've been meaning to ask:

Why is this thread only --I--NTs?

A Schnitzel

WTF is this dude saying?
MBTI Type
INTP
They don't share their toys and are no fun to play with at all!

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Something I've been meaning to ask:

Why is this thread only --I--NTs?

Let’s face facts here, it wouldn't matter if it was just about NT the suckieness would still be predominantly directed at the INTs :coffee:

Also, you're gross Nihilen :sick:

Mycroft

The elder Holmes
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Let’s face facts here, it wouldn't matter if it was just about NT the suckieness would still be predominantly directed at the INTs :coffee:

Also, you're gross Nihilen :sick:

I dunno, ENTJs aren't winning any popularity contests.

(Given the reasons for this, it's something I hold to their credit, incidentally.)