• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Top Three Reasons For Why INTs Suck

Llewellyn

MBTI Type
INtj
Enneagram
9w1
Making offers people love to refuse.

With a P to it: having a wide perception that makes one feel uneasy and creates the feeling of being bumped against.

Edit: being outside of it, thinking/being considered you have nothing to do with it (ok, the word uninvolvement).

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
The appear to pwn the interwebs! Damn INTs!

Mycroft

The elder Holmes
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
2. Many INTs believe that just because they have had some test tell them that their personality corresponds to three letters they are then superior to the average person.

I'll have you know I fancied myself superior to the vast majority of people well before I ever took an MBTI test.

Sunshine

MBTI Type
ABCD
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm conflicted as to whether or not to participate in these "Why X group of types suck" threads.

I did one for SPs and then deleted it.
Then I came here and started one for NTs but deleted it too.

It's true that we all have flaws but why magnify them and bring so much attention to them? I've already seen some pretty nasty stuff posted in these. I also personally don't judge people by their flaws. And I think, regardless of a lot of these posts being more of a joke that people do take them serioulsy and we just get more misconceptions...like a lot of things are exaggerated and some are just flat out wrong.

Top three reasons for why these types of threads suck:

1. People get bothered whether they'll admit it or not
2. Misconceptions
3. What good comes out of it?

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I'm conflicted as to whether or not to participate in these "Why X group of types suck" threads.

I did one for SPs and then deleted it.
Then I came here and started one for NTs but deleted it too.

Top three reasons for why these types of threads suck:

1. People get bothered whether they'll admit it or not
2. Misconceptions
3. What good comes out of it?

For what it's worth I agreed with the llama's part :D

Simplexity

MBTI Type
INTP
Sunshine, you do realize that your post is inadvertently making us look bad... right?

Us INTs never consider emotions until WELL after we say things.

Even your three reasons being bad sucks is nice. :doh:

g_vartan

MBTI Type
ENFJ
they break your hearts (i.e., unable to meet your emotional needs).:puppy_dog_eyes:

cherchair

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I dont' know if I know any INTJ's, but I do have close INTP friends. They have some similarities but their biggest difference is their confidence levels which really defines how developed their functions are and how it's expressed.

These aren't 'sucky' things but more like personal observations that play into the 'evil cold' stereotype of INTPs. Which is funny because my INTP friends are so generous and well-mannered and are wonderful friends. They are both really silly once you befriend them. I actually gloat a little inside that I get the privelege of all the benes of their affection and friendship -- because it's tough to befriend them! They aren't that superficial in their friendships.

1)What I have noticed is that both can be 'mis'typed as being 'extremely quiet' or even cold by coworkers or those who dont' know them as well. One INTP friend fits the cold, kinda badass and intimidating stereotype on the surface. My other INTP friend does not come off as cold, the opposite, but has real trouble verbalizing her thoughts quickly with new people and groups. One of my INTP friends has NO PROBLEM cutting off people once they cross a line with her and can be really abrupt in general (on the phone, in conversation, etc.) For both, their honesty is sometimes too blunt. My other INTP friend sometimes offers random and frankly mean assessments of things that are not really solicited.

2) They are really hard to get to know initially. One friend I pursued mercilessly and the other friend kind of pursued me. Otherwise, without this constant push of effort, friendship would have never happened. Either they DO NOT TALK or else are just really hard for me to figure out and understand initially. Honestly, I have no idea what they see in me, but apparently I provide the warm fuzzies. Hahahahaa.

I'm in love with an INTJ and concur with this, especially the silliness and generosity once you get to know them well. I love the blunt honesty. The arrogance thing is kind of a private joke between us, maybe because I believe I'm at least his equal intellectually despite being a Feeler...and because I believe I see him more clearly than he seees me. I agree they're hard to get to know initially, but once you're in, you're in and they (or at least he) works really hard at the relationship and seems very committed. At least those are my observations to date.

Sunshine

MBTI Type
ABCD
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I was assured repeatedly that what I had to say NTs could take. So I changed my mind. I made a list. I even posted it...for a while.

It WAS pretty bad.

MBTI Type
INxJ
I agree they're hard to get to know initially, but once you're in, you're in and they (or at least he) works really hard at the relationship and seems very committed. At least those are my observations to date.

Agreed.

INTJs are very willing to work on relationships that have potential.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
You guys just wish you could be leaders, cmon, just take ur illusions of grandeur out of ur collective a55es and make some sort of a stand.

I did mean that in a friendly yet stimulating way.

>_o

R

Riva

Give your top three reasons for why it does, or would, suck to be an INT.

My three reasons:

1/ There aren't enough of us. Hence, the feeling of "not fitting in" or "being an outcast" carries a heavy burden through our entire lives.

2/ Over-thinking and under-doing is a major source of conflict.

3/ Our genius is severely underrated by the society at large.

(I'm glad I limited myself. I could probably come up with a thousand reasons if I thought about it long enough. I guess this is an example of reason #2.)

i don't think that INTJs are prone to under-doing.

jamesvl

Permabanned
I don't know if #1 really matters though...

after all, an INTj will innately overtime just reconcile it and work comfortably outside that limitation, realizing quite obviously that it's a limitation of society, and not themselves.

Though for me, I don't find I have to fit in. I run my business. I make all the choices. I decide what is when and how it will be.

And I'm always right.

For the rest of society? I don't have to be right, however the beauty is that the need to fit in is so permeated within the general vortex of society, that it is not even an effort to just know what individuals will do, how they'll do it, and why they made those choices.

just because as an INTj spends so much time analyzing why this "anomaly" occurs. Until such time where the INTj realizes how the distinction of being one, is so much more advantageous to living outside the boundaries within "fitting in."

It's a neat little way of looking at things objectively and without attachment. I've also discovered that those whom I employ are now, more bound by their need for my approval with an effort in the "we don't want to let you down" genre.

For me, being an INTj means that the rules within which the normal society chooses to function, do not apply to me. Simply because I know why, and have a solution to ensure that I'm never bound by those same rules.

:)