• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Top Three Reasons For Why INTs Suck

Risen

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Definitely over-thinking and under-doing. My lack of follow through is one of my greatest liabilities.

Being a misunderstood minority ... without having minority status. For us, being different is often seen as being wrong.

Lack of smooth people skills to network and bring our ideas to light.

Agreed. But try being a misunderstood minority WITH minority status. Boy does it suck.

*Actually, it can sometimes give some advantages, depending what type of minority you are :)*

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
Agreed. But try being a misunderstood minority WITH minority status. Boy does it suck.

*Actually, it can sometimes give some advantages, depending what type of minority you are :)*
Really? Do tell.

aparkedcar

MBTI Type
INTJ
1.) Ditto on the misunderstanding thing
2.) Few people get my jokes
3.) I find most girls to be rather boring in conversation. Hence I assume that finding a girlfriend/boyfriend is harder for INTs.

Jeximo

MBTI Type
INTP
3.) I find most girls to be rather boring in conversation. Hence I assume that finding a girlfriend/boyfriend is harder for INTs.

Agreed.

Although I'm currently working on this one amazing girl, absolutely astonishing. I've known her for 6 years and she's still surprising me on a daily basis with her personality.

MBTI Type
INxJ

Oh yes. I find this to be the most disappointing aspect. Even if I find someone, I'm not able to feel even half the depth of emotion as my partner. Usually. I'm not suppressing. I try really hard to feel. It's important to develop that side, to me.

Kora

MBTI Type
ENTP
1. INTs live in their own mind, sometimes rejecting the outside world.
2. Having a 'weird' sense of humor, which others may not understand or even feel insulted by it.
3. It's so hard to deal with over-emotional people.

And of course, being misunderstood.

MBTI Type
ENTP
ISeekToJustify said:
1) INTs have no hand-eye coordination.
2) They are terrible at sports.
3) INTs wouldn't be very good in a fight.

I know everyone else has already criticized this, but I'll take it a step further and say it sounds more like INFs.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
I kind of feel unqualified to respond because I am very bad at sports because of vision problems, but I think the thing with INTs in a fight is that if you manage to get them going, they'd be difficult to stop...

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
I love to beat the shit out of people in a good fight.

I realize your youth creates enthusiasm that isn't necessarily accurate to your character, but I'd encourage you to drop this sentiment.

Human pain isn't lovely.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
I realize your youth creates enthusiasm that isn't necessarily accurate to your character, but I'd encourage you to drop this sentiment.

Human pain isn't lovely.

I said that? :huh:

What I mean is that it seems to me that an INT wouldn't be that good in a causal fight but if you managed to get them pissed off enough they'd be difficult to stop.

I can imagine this with any IN type, though.

So, would these fights be a small matter of pride, or be started about something that had been stewing and stewing and stewing for a long time?

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
So, would these fights be a small matter of pride, or be started about something that had been stewing and stewing and stewing for a long time?

I understand, Haphazard.

Fighting in defense of oneself/protection of someone else is really the only justifiable rationale for physically hurting another person.

Running away/retreat is always the best bet. If there's no other option and/or the person you seek to protect is unable to retreat, then fighting is acceptable.

That said, fight to win. Yet, if you chooses to engage, be careful to hold back and create only as much damage as is necessary to incapacitate the target, as to allow for retreat.

Sadism is never acceptable. Remain humble in your strength.