• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Top Three Reasons For Why INTs Suck

MBTI Type
INTJ
2.) Inability to understand how the movie "The Butterfly Effect" is deep (no offense if you happen to have liked it...you still won't convince me that it is profound). This is not a clever reverse-self-compliment either. As someone who used to work at Blockbuster during highschool, right at the time when the movie came out on DVD, this one landed me on a lot of people's shit lists.

I'm glad I'm not alone on this one. I watched it because a friend BEGGED me to, telling me how amazing it was. I want two hours of my life back. I told my friend that the film school she went to should revoke her diploma! :doh:

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
I'm glad I'm not alone on this one. I watched it because a friend BEGGED me to, telling me how amazing it was. I want two hours of my life back. I told my friend that the film school she went to should revoke her diploma! :doh:

LOL! Or give her her money back.

colmena

señor member
MBTI Type
INXP
2.) Inability to understand how the movie "The Butterfly Effect" is deep

You can't be serious. I've never met anyone who's liked this film. It's awful in just about every way.

That Punkd guy should never have done anything other than That '70s Show.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
*waves to colmena*

I do *shrugs*

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
You can't be serious. I've never met anyone who's liked this film. It's awful in just about every way.

That Punkd guy should never have done anything other than That '70s Show.

This is very true.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Top Reasons:

1) MacGuffin
2) MacGuffin
3) one and two should be plenty

colmena

señor member
MBTI Type
INXP
*waves to colmena*

I do *shrugs*

Sorry, Trinity. I'll try to keep specific negative media opinion to myself in future. I hate it when people knock my music taste. It's just me running my mouth off as usual.

To be a little more qualitative: the film had an interesting premise which was let down by the execution and directors' vision. They probably should have gotten someone else to write the script, too.

I just can't help myself. *hammers fingers*

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Sorry, Trinity. I'll try to keep specific negative media opinion to myself in future. I hate it when people knock my music taste. It's just me running my mouth off as usual.

To be a little more qualitative: the film had an interesting premise which was let down by the execution and directors' vision. They probably should have gotten someone else to write the script, too.

I just can't help myself. *hammers fingers*

Meh, s'ok doesn't bother me one iota, bag whomever and whatever you like it'll never upset me. Anyway it would be terribly boring if everyone had the same tastes.

I was just giving you the opportunity to meet someone who likes the movie :D

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
:D

useless.jpg

Lol, that's funny, but actually all of those expressions make mathematical sense in a meaningful way.
:D

Jae Rae

Free-Rangin' Librarian
MBTI Type
INFJ
Inability to remember anything not in their own little world.

Today I had a phone job interview scheduled. My INTP husband left this morning without mentioning a word about it, like "Good luck."

I had the interview, which went well, then called my husband WHO HAD NO IDEA WHY I WAS CALLING. When I told him, he was happy for me, but he honestly didn't remember I had the interview before that.

Zergling

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ExTJ

Love is a net positive force, so the square root of love is a real number.

The cosine of love is between 1 and -1

Love is always changing, so d(heart)/dt is nonzero most of the time.

Identity matrix times love is hearts on the diagonal, zeros everywhere else.

The result of that bottom function is either zero or undefined, no matter what heart is.

Who said my normal approach is useless. :)

Uytuun

MBTI Type
nnnn
INTJs don't suck.

But they are very boring.

And they project that they are of a lesser creative order because they never stray off the beaten path. This has been my experience at least.

I can see how an INTJ could be seen as boring by an INTP. The INTPs I know have absolutely no appreciation for the poetic/creative force of Ni and seem to think of us as lesser INTPs because we are similar in our INT ways, but do not subscribe to their own principles/ideals which then entail a sort of radical contrariness that from our point of view is absolutely pointless. This dynamic extends beyond INTJs, though. I don't think that my INTP friend understands how I can be so unconventional and so on the normal track (school)/unrebellious at the same time without becoming schizophrenic. It can get very tiresome because I often feel judged and lacking and no amount of explaining where I come from can seem to change this. *shakes fist at INTP axiomas*

Cute, Zergling. Thanks for explaining.

1) the stereotype(-based reactions)
2) INTJ-specific: the contingency thinking and subsequent planning etc. it entails; the inability to let go
3) lack of people that truly understand you

All in all, I wouldn't say that it sucks to be me.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The INTPs I know have absolutely no appreciation for the poetic/creative force of Ni
Yes, we INTPs hear this over and over again. INTJs are primary Ni so they are soooo creative.

Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni

Where's the result? In your heads? Might as well say INTPs get shit done... in their heads.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Creativity comes in the form of getting shit done with very limited resources --something that INTPs are not known for doing.

So while the INTJ is running a multinational organization on $8 a day, some paperclips and a used toothbrush, INTPs are contemplating nuclear physics in their ivory towers. That's the way it usually goes.

Uytuun

MBTI Type
nnnn
Yes, we INTPs hear this over and over again. INTJs are primary Ni so they are soooo creative.

Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni

Where's the result? In your heads? Might as well say INTPs get shit done... in their heads.
Bring me a shrubbery!

See, no appreciation at all. :p I was commenting on the other poster's assertion that INTJs are boring, I was not trying to assert our superior creativity.

TBH, my core experience of Ni is not really what Haphazard describes. Sure, I do "see" a great many possibilities in the physical realm and I also notice patterns and possibilites in society and in the individual (personality) that others don't seem to and I'm good at creative problem solving, but pure Ni insight is most emphatically present in my ideas and my papers. If people complain about the fact that I write 13-line sentences it is because I'm attacked by a barrage of intuitive insights and connections and I write them down in a semi-stream-of consciousness style so as to reflect all the intuitive links I have in my head. I notice my writing style is more "literary" than other scholars' style. I also am footnote addicted because there is always something more I can add. Of course the papers in question are about literature and that isn't particularly useful in the strict sense of the word. And papers per se aren't that useful either. I believe my INTP friend once told me I read the most useless subject there is. I would guess that being productive would be similar to the paper question for INTPs...if any type, you guys should be able to grasp how difficult it is to make a creative force concrete.

Imagination, vision and fantasy are an INTJs creative side. I guess this translates to ingenuity in the realm of the useful.

In the literal sense of the word, we create ideas, just like you guys do, just in a different way.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Creativity comes in the form of getting shit done with very limited resources --something that INTPs are not known for doing.
zzzzzzzzzzzz I do that every day!

Why do you think I have so much time to post? I figure out the system, then game it for all its worth.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
The problem with Ni is once you show the work you got done with it, it either goes straight over their head (and is therefore utter nonsense) or makes so much sense that they feel dumb for not realizing it before. Neither appears to be the fruit of any sort of creativity, though, and just makes the other party feel really dumb.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
The problem with Ni is once you show the work you got done with it, it either goes straight over their head (and is therefore utter nonsense) or makes so much sense that they feel dumb for not realizing it before. Neither appears to be the fruit of any sort of creativity, though, and just makes the other party feel really dumb.

Hmm, perhaps I've never known any INJs then. ;)