• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Top Three Reasons For Why INTs Suck

Nighthawk

MBTI Type
INTP
3. Approaching other peoples' problems with solutions, rather than with empathy

My ISFJ wife has taught me a lot about this. At the end of the day ... if she vents ... I try to giver her sympathy/empathy instead of trying to solve her problems. It turns out to be a lot less stressful for me, as I could not solve her work-related problems anyway.

Natrushka

Pareo cattus
MBTI Type
INTJ
so if you are sitting down at a table talking to someone, what happens is that you'll find a way to assert your dominance over them and their ideas. If they say something you don't like, it isn't just rational... the arrogance comes out in how you dismiss the other person. Not as a permanent thing, but in how you convey that dismissal.

What about debate?

What I don't like is that it looks to me like you're saying this is how INTs interact when faced with conflicting views. All the time. "They're not rational therefore I can treat them poorly."

When confronted with just such a situation I may give that person a look - and it's not a pretty one, I'll admit. But I bite my tongue and I change the subject. I will not engage.

ptgatsby

MBTI Type
ISTP
What about debate?

There are times when it is good, of course. You get a lot of it at INTPc, though you'll also see INTPs go overboard there, even with each other.

What I don't like is that it looks to me like you're saying this is how INTs interact when faced with conflicting views. All the time. "They're not rational therefore I can treat them poorly."

Very little is "all the time", so no, I don't mean it that way. There are those that are like that all the time and those that are rarely like that. There is just the tendency to do this - a rather strong one. Not to mention personality is probably a gradient of strengths, so not everyone will be as strongly INT (expressed or inherent, depending on your theory of personality).

When confronted with just such a situation I may give that person a look - and it's not a pretty one, I'll admit. But I bite my tongue and I change the subject. I will not engage.

Which is probably good :D But what you are saying is that you still do it... Restraint doesn't change the underlying nature...

Last edited by a moderator:

ptgatsby

MBTI Type
ISTP
I give up.

I didn't want to let you down.

Hah hah... I figured. But does that mean you agree....? Probably not :D INTs very rarely agree after a dispute because neither will back down... Curious that ;)

rivercrow

shoshaku jushaku
MBTI Type
type
Hah hah... I figured. But does that mean you agree....? Probably not :D INTs very rarely agree after a dispute because neither will back down... Curious that ;)

This is one reason why I'm writing a white paper for auditors.

I've learned that there are times where agreeing can be fun. Then there are other times where I just decide not to argue anymore, which is agreeing that the dispute happened and that we need peace more than we need discontent.

Lookin4theBestNU

MBTI Type
ENFj
Enneagram
2w3
*Warning Over-dramatization* ~I get the feeling this thread is a set-up :) let me help~
3 reasons INTXs suck:
1. I'm so logical it hurts. I must be as complicated as possible when communicating to make sure no one knows whether I am right or wrong unless they are willing to break out a dictionary. Don't worry ;) you could never be as smart as me anyway!
2. I'm totally and completely misunderstood *sniffle*. I cannot however do anything to change that as it will infringe upon my autonomy!! Who needs other people anyway? It's so illogical to want friends.
3. I'm sorry but no, I cannot take your feelings into consideration before I speak.
Feelings are bad news avoid them at all costs!!! Lucky for me I don't have any!!!

Usehername

On a mission
*Warning Over-dramatization* ~I get the feeling this thread is a set-up :) let me help~
3 reasons INTXs suck:
1. I'm so logical it hurts. I must be as complicated as possible when communicating to make sure no one knows whether I am right or wrong unless they are willing to break out a dictionary. Don't worry ;) you could never be as smart as me anyway!
2. I'm totally and completely misunderstood *sniffle*. I cannot however do anything to change that as it will infringe upon my autonomy!! Who needs other people anyway? It's so illogical to want friends.
3. I'm sorry but no, I cannot take your feelings into consideration before I speak.
Feelings are bad news avoid them at all costs!!! Lucky for me I don't have any!!!

hehehe Lookin' is funny!

She should play like this more often.

Usehername

On a mission
1. It seems like everyone else gets guidance on some level from someone on how to grow in society, and as a little INTJ girl, I had no clue what was going on. I was a slow starter. I wasn't dumb, but it took me a long while to Hack The System.
(I feel competent now.)

So, Lack of Role Models. I think someone already mentioned this, though.

2. People tell you you are weird, but they don't have good reasons, often. This causes some minor identity issues during early adolescence.

3. I'm very selfish. I don't want to be, and I make effort to not be, but that's the truth.

Langrenus

1-3. Because we get involved in threads like this.

Woe is me, the world isn't fashioned for INTx's, we're all misunderstood, etc.

Sometimes I stand back to consider if my INTJ perception of the people around me is fair. It probably isn't. So I suppose they're misunderstood. So I have no right to complain (logical enough? :))

Fully agree with this, and it's probably a large part of the reason for all the problems listed in this thread. As much as people like to claim that their views are flexible and they're completely open to changing their views based on rational argument the fact of the matter is that most people are not. Yet we expect others to shift their views based on our rational thinking.

I found an absolutely fantastic quote somewhere which I have, unfortunately, lost...something at the back of my mind tells me Kant wrote it, but I'm starting to believe that I've made that up. At any rate, it ran something along the lines of this:

The root of all evil is man's ability to treat himself as a special case.
Apologies to the females in the room. But I think this sums things up quite nicely, and it seems to me to be a very, very INTx trait.

P.S. If anyone can tell me who actually wrote this I'll marry them and/or give them all of my worldly possessions (whichever is less painful)

Crabapple

MBTI Type
INFJ
1. Get mad quick.

2. Lack fluffy fun.

3. Will debate a sentence to the last letter.

Usehername

On a mission
1. Get mad quick.

2. Lack fluffy fun.

3. Will debate a sentence to the last letter.

I won't debate your no. 1 and 3, but I am LOADS of fun.

Seriously. When I chose to be, I was the class clown. The Queen Prankster. The one people looked to when they wanted a stupid, crazy idea to pass the time.

I'm lots of fun. When I wnat to be.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I should have PMed you last night when I was toasted. :) I can;t type in that state.

But... you *did* PM me. A few times. (Don't you remember?)

[Or did you get more toasted than that? :shock: ]

I am a murderous Yahtzee player when I'm drunk tho. Five "Yahtzees" in one game once.

I can't begin to tell you how much I hate games of [mostly] chance like Yahtzee.

HATE.

(Unless I win. :D)

Which leads us to:
#4. Refuses to play games where the outcome cannot be adequately controlled by superior strategy and will spend the next five hours explaining why their loss is either attributable to "bad luck" or someone not playing according to the overall rules and intentions of the game.

What exactly is considered "fluffy fun"?
Does that explain the breasts post?

There you go, Uber