User Tag List

First 19596768697071 Last

MBTI
    INTp
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILI

Agreed, I went to an arts school and with most of the teachers being either Keirsey's Artisans or Idealist I found that it was difficult for them to understand where I was coming from when I approached a problem. This also was the case for many of my friends. Though we are a small group, we do pack a punch! Granted we are underappreciated sometimes, but it isn't that bad.

Have any INTPs or INTJs found it difficult connecting with someone who you are trying to pursue a romantic relationship with and have found it extremely difficult for you to connect with them emotionally.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by ArielH-H View Post

Have any INTPs or INTJs found it difficult connecting with someone who you are trying to pursue a romantic relationship with and have found it extremely difficult for you to connect with them emotionally.
    Yes, absolutely. It really depends for me on the chemistry between our two personalities, and the degree to which I feel I can trust them. If those two things aren't there, the emotional connection won't be.

Also, with fellow NTs, sometimes it's hard to get past all the intellectual talk and just be.
    Something Witty

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    Also, with fellow NTs, sometimes it's hard to get past all the intellectual talk and just be.
    I certainly know how that is.

MBTI
    INTP

Whoa! I've been told that I blow before, but never that I suck (sniffle)

nevertheless I know quite well how INTness can create an awkward situation out of thin air.

About a year ago I found out I have AD/HD. Ok no big deal. Then I found out I was an INTP... sweet! I felt relieved that my intelligence was validated, and in a sense I took that one moment in my life to indulge in pure arrogance. I jumped up and down for a minute yelling "I'm a genius!" haha it just made me happy to know I wasnt the only (1) over-analytical, (2) perfectionist-driven, (3) socially awkward person in the world.

The ADHD has a strange effect on me lol. I can't not think (because thinking about not thinking is still thinking). It is a motor that's constantly going for me. The majority of time when I am in a conversation, I will make (4) eye contact quickly, and most people like it sustained a bit longer (then again 75% of ppl are EXXX)

Like other INTXs, I have a few ideas and theories I play with in my mind. I love that I can conceptually and abstractly think on the fly, and since we are the shit!, the fly is welcome to land. But it is always a challenge to (5) consolidate ideas and more importantly thoughts so that they are simple and easy to understand through casual conversation. Small talk is just that: small.

It is internally draining to have to re-think of ways to communicate something you find simple. And often the (6) frustration that builds up from not KNOWing is unique to INTXs.

I have been called a zombie. And I can't possibly be the only one. Because when I am (7) deep in concentration, its hard for me to break out. Literally, I have to break down the walls blocking out information coming from my peripheral vision if I am deeply engaged. Could it be because of the emotionless stare we sometimes get? Idk

We circulate ideas in our head so much we tend to (8) forget some of them. So frustrating. All I can do is hope I arrive at that idea again. (A long shot for some, but we tend to have pinpoint aim.)

When I was 8 or 9, my best friend Chris told me something I have never forgotten. He said "Laurence, your (9) stubborn." haha I was so stubborn he said that, I walked right out of our 2-player pinball game. but its the truth. we like to arrive at conclusions on our merit. And especially when we are told to explicitly do something by either a person whose authority we don't consent to, we are prone to social resistance.

Oh yea. We think with our heads and we (10) FEEL with our heads too. That's where all that nervous system data is supposed to go, right?

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by quamdel View Post
    Oh yea. We think with our heads and we (10) FEEL with our heads too. That's where all that nervous system data is supposed to go, right?
    Right, I used to wonder why people always said that they felt emotions in their gut, and that the heart was central to human essence -- when I knew it was really the head.

MBTI
    XNTJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    XNTJ

Compare this:

Quote Originally Posted by Haight View Post
    Top Three Reasons For Why INTs Suck
    With this:

Give your top three reasons for why it does, or would, suck to be an INT.
    Putting up with this because I can't find my spaceship or lightbody and get the fuck out of here is one reason why "INTs suck".

I don't know why you can't get your title right. INTs don't suck merely because something may suck to to them or for them... want to fix that title so it can be answered as it should be asked?

Think of the multiverse as a party of infinite magnitude, with an infinite number of participants, and a REALLY GOOD DJ. Our lives are like mini-universes, and we are the DJ's. Play something you can live to!! :smiley_violin:

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    Yes, absolutely. It really depends for me on the chemistry between our two personalities, and the degree to which I feel I can trust them. If those two things aren't there, the emotional connection won't be.
    I find it easy to explain to them what I am feeling, or talking about our relationship; that's not an issue.

But they usually want the feeling of being emotionally connected at all times, maintaining periodic texts or "typical love banter" -- putting out all these little emotional cues all the time -- and I just cannot seem to keep up with it enough that they feel like their need was filled or that I "care." I do care; I just don't have the energy to maintain that level of output.

Yeah, that's an issue.

It took me years to get past that myself; now I find myself immediately annoyed when I have to deal with people who don't know how to relate others than by immediately bringing up discussions of esoteric subjects or deconstructing things in impersonal ways ... to the exclusion of just "hanging out." It's funny how uncomfortable I find myself when an intellectual without social skills latches onto me because they realize I get what they're saying when others don't, and then all they want to do is "talk shop" with me.

Tedious.

Quote Originally Posted by quamdel View Post
    Nice way to say it.

Yes, we feel with our heads... rather than experiencing and emoting it right back as feeling.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INxJ
    Enneagram

"3/ Our genius is severely underrated by the society at large."

What is it with INTJ people thinking they are geniuses?! I dont! Maybe I am just a bit thick.

^ I don't think that's it. It's probably more about other people suppressing or undervaluing their talents in favor of trying to make them develop talents that will never be as good as their natural talents. Meh...I think you know what I mean...Genius is often used as another word for talents, especially when it pertains to science and understanding and building useful complex systems. I think that's all that is really meant by that...we all have certain talents, no?

MBTI
    INTJ

im yet to have a girl so i don`t know.

To me, girls are aliens.

I wish i had a Alien.. sniff sniff...

http://www.moviesoundclips.net/movie...ict9/alien.wav

I really connected with a engineer girl once tho. She understood me, is older than me and and had confidence.

I think confidence is key if you are going to date me.

You have to trust me.
    and you must know you have me.
    Then you have me, kinda.

Can`t think of nothing worse than a girl that calls me constantly while im out being drunk or whatever.
    In case of cheating on her or whatever they can think of.

Top five Reasons For Why INTs Suck

1# I don`t respect your feelings if you are emo without a righteous cause.

2# If you seek my help, and i have the solution. And you try something else.
    Good luck trying to get help again the third time.

I want to quit the job if im sure about the case.

3# I feel like people needs to earn it before they get it from me.

a issue when girls expect lots of bs for free. Drinks, compliments whatever. equal rights equal treatment.. yea right...

Ho here has ever been given a nice drink from a girl you did not know?

that would surely get my attention.
    I think it would pay of big time for her too.
    Last edited by Rex; 09-06-2010 at 01:43 PM. Reason: yeye