User Tag List

First 1555636465666775 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp

1. We think, therefor destroying the dreams of all feelers.
    2. We are hard to impress.
    3. We're insensitive.

haha :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Fools who wear their hearts proudly on their sleeves,
    who cannot control their emotions, who wallow in sad
    memories and allow themselves to be provoked this
    easily -- weak people, in other words -- they stand no chance."
    -Severus Snape

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILI

My three reasons:

1. We can over-think things. Sometimes to the point of confusing ourselves.

2. We value thought over feelings. Which may contribute to some form of tension among other types (like F's).

3. Our personalities are introverted and analytical, (though I can only speak from an INTP perspective) but there is always room for flaw. Sometimes people take our advice without questioning it. (Which could be viewed differently depending on the INT). Sometimes we can be 'over estimated', I suppose.
    Last edited by Plastic Chair; 11-13-2009 at 06:33 PM. Reason: Clearing up.

MBTI
    INTP

Hmm...why do we fail?

1. Thinking to much has always been a major downfall. It can sometimes lead to inner battles or misassumptions about our own reality.

2. In comparison to others, we rarely express emotion. This trait can make us appear inhuman to other individuals.

3. Our strengths are viewed as weaknesses by others who can't understand the value of intelligence.

MBTI
    INxx

1) Looking inward and all I see is void: no personal opinions on a myriad of topics, incapable of connecting to things from the inside, few ethical concepts (wanting to do the right thing, just not knowing what the right thing is to begin with)

2) Anxiety. Social anxiety, failure anxiety, anxiety for the sake of anxiety, phobias.

3) Thinking things are more complicated than they actually are.

4) Everyone thinking you have no feelings, that you are cold, distant or pedantic, even when you might even feel less than everyone else.

5) Not being able to track own moods, hence not knowing what one is feeling in any given situation, only capable of sorting it out in retrospect through Si.
    I would eat an artichoke down to its heart,
    then feed the heart to him.
    It was enough that he was not you and utterly foreign,
    related to no one. So easy to love.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

1.) Always worrying about something, can't turn that brain off.
    2.) Need to get to the bottom of everything I find important and have no time for other things at all, plus this need for explanations (to and from other people) doesn't really work with women. :s The amount of times I hear this "you don't have to explain",...followed by a begging "ok please stop explaining" I don't get why they find that uncomfortable.
    Conversely, I get fucking annoyed by people not explaining things down to the nth degree (yeah I know, use Ne and that shit...but I am tlaking about the situations where Ne doesn't suffice on its own).
    So yeah, this hasnt done me many favours in the relationship area, but right now I am thinking, I would rather be single than in a relationship with someone who doesn't explain her actions.
    3.) ^^^The goddam Ti-Si loop. But I kind of love it too. :p So it "sucks" yet rocks.
    "Of course we spent our money in the good times. That's what you're supposed to do in good times! You can't save money in the good times. Then they wouldn't be good times, they'd be 'preparation for the bad times' times."

"Every country in the world owes money. Everyone. So heere's what I dont get: who do they all owe it to, and why don't we just kill the bastard and relax?"

-Tommy Tiernan, Irish comedian.

MBTI
    INTx
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I hope he realizes that complete reliance on logic is... illogical?
    Spock: "Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end."

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LII Ne

1)Too much rationalizing, too little patience
    2)Not nearly enough time in the world for our thoughts to be accurately distributed, thusly we end up a mash of all our thoughts and are nutters
    3)Too vulnerable emotionally to people we like.
    The Symbol of the King*The Absolute Does Not Exist*Kingship Will Bring Me Freedom
    5w4-4w5-1w9

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/so
    Socionics
    INTj

1) Being labeled a know-it-all (which then leads people into thinking we're snobby!).
    2) Coming off as insensitive at times.
    3) Getting nothing "done."

X_x
    Enneagram: 5w4 5-9-2 (5w4 9w1 2w1) sp/so

"Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Greg King
    The worst mistake people make in political arguments is assuming that the other side is not trying to do the right thing. This simple oversight makes productive conversation nearly impossible.

Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by InfiniteIntrigue View Post
    "Fools who wear their hearts proudly on their sleeves,
    who cannot control their emotions, who wallow in sad
    memories and allow themselves to be provoked this
    easily -- weak people, in other words -- they stand no chance."
    -Snape
    Actually, you shouldn't be too impressed with this quote from Snape. If you really study Snape's childhood, you would see that he was actually projecting unto the person he was speaking to. Snape is the one who wallows in sad memories, and he was actually reacting defensively against himself when he said that. The person he was speaking to reminded him of his own childhood woes.

That's the difference between NT and NF.

An NT would take Snape's comment at face value and say "Yeah, that's what I call tough !"

An NF would be able to see right through Snape's comments, and understand the real motivations behind his words.
    The purple sun won't heal my purple bruises :ouch:

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by purplesunset View Post
    Actually, you shouldn't be too impressed with this quote from Snape. If you really study Snape's childhood, you would see that he was actually projecting unto the person he was speaking to. Snape is the one who wallows in sad memories, and he was actually reacting defensively against himself when he said that. The person he was speaking to reminded him of his own childhood woes.

That's the difference between NT and NF.

An NT would take Snape's comment at face value and say "Yeah, that's what I call tough !"

An NF would be able to see right through Snape's comments, and understand the real motivations behind his words.
    You mean an NF is trying to find the good in the person and attempts to align with the persons emotions in attempts of misplaced empathetic and self destructive behaviour. Whilest the NT has seen through it all, figured he doesn't care, and goes like "Dude, whatever.".
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf