Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by Haight View Post
    Give your top three reasons for why it does, or would, suck to be an INT.

My three reasons:

1/ There aren't enough of us. Hence, the feeling of "not fitting in" or "being an outcast" carries a heavy burden through our entire lives.

2/ Over-thinking and under-doing is a major source of conflict.

3/ Our genius is severely underrated by the society at large.

(I'm glad I limited myself. I could probably come up with a thousand reasons if I thought about it long enough. I guess this is an example of reason #2.)

Well, I feel like that two (except on number 3 I want to substitute "genius" for "strengths". I want you to know that all the INTs I have met I:

1) Respected greatly
    2) Saw their Genius
    3) Found them HILARIOUS when they chose to tell jokes
    4) Got jealous of their clear thinking ability

I think underdoing is a problem with many Ns in general (even NJs who are very active, you find SJs are even more active) N causes you to muse more and this can intrude upon action.

Don't worry there are people out their who respect you. In fact despite being a minority I bet there are an uneven number of INTs who rise into great positions in society because of this minority aspect.

In conclusion: "It SO doesn't suck to be an INT".
    I gave you 4 reasons that beats your 3? Right? Help me here Ts, right, right...never mind.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by neptunesnet View Post
    "Pityme! pityme!" is not a charateristic of all Fs. Only SFs.
    Wow, way to necro-quote me... that post I made was 2 years old!

Just for context, now that I have gone back and re-read it and Mycroft's post, I don't think I was talking about F's, I was talking about people in general.

Nor was I thinking "Pity me" when I wrote that.

Some people legitimately feel like they need a lot of emotional affirmation. That's how they think. Some other sorts are the opposite and they just deal with the pragmatic issues and don't care a flip about the attached emotions.

Other people have some sort of legitimate relationship that has some emotional responses/behaviors attached to it by the social convention of the day. (e.g., "you are my wife or husband, therefore I expect <this, this, and this> from you!") So there again, there will be emotional demands placed on people regardless of their personal inclinations.

As far as I'm concerned, NFs don't particularly want anyone to pity them. Well, maybe ENFs (I don't know any personally) but definitely not INFs.
    We only vent to loved ones when we feel we are out of options. Like NTs, we explore all of our possibilities, too, and when we feel there are no solutions to a problem/issue/concern we get frustrated!
    I'm not sure why you took this as an indictment of NFs, but I'm sorry if I said something that made it come across like that.

Plus, I wouldn't want to talk to anyone anyway who didn't want
    to listen to me. I'd rather talk to myself.
    Well, yeah, definitely.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5&4 sx
    Socionics
    INFj

Quote Originally Posted by ilovetrannies View Post
    Only SFs. Ok, we are all individuals and to generalize SFs is simply not true and illogical. I vent to loved ones because they know that I have to talk about what is bothering me before I start to freak out. They are very understanding that way. I am not asking for any fucking pity, I just need someone to listen and tell me that everything will be ok, even tho I know it will be.

Sometimes I have to speak to people who I dislike but I will try to treat with respect as long as I can without strangling the motherfucker.

And to generalize SFs is rather rude and ignorant.:steam:
    I really didn't mean to generalize SFs or point the finger of blame at SFs. That's not fair. Sorry . I was kind of worked up by the scapegoating already happening in this thread and accidentally directed my venom in the wrong direction. It happens. It also wasn't my intention to appear "rude and ignorant" because I am neither of those things. My mom and grandmother are SFPs, and I don't think they're whiny or want people to pity them. My post was written purely out of frustration. I'll edit it, so you don't have to strangle a "motherfucker" and so my words will actually express what I mean to say/should have said then.

Agreed?

*Btw, I'm not really sure why you included the "sometimes I have to talk to people I dislike" part because, frankly, you don't know me enough/at all to know whether you would or would not like me. However, if you really want to base my entire identity on one post (online!), be my guest, but then you'd ultimately turn into the rude and ignorant one here now, wouldn't you?

Sorry again about the post. Really .

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5&4 sx
    Socionics
    INFj

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Wow, way to necro-quote me... that post I made was 2 years old!

Just for context, now that I have gone back and re-read it and Mycroft's post, I don't think I was talking about F's, I was talking about people in general.

Nor was I thinking "Pity me" when I wrote that.

Some people legitimately feel like they need a lot of emotional affirmation. That's how they think. Some other sorts are the opposite and they just deal with the pragmatic issues and don't care a flip about the attached emotions.

Other people have some sort of legitimate relationship that has some emotional responses/behaviors attached to it by the social convention of the day. (e.g., "you are my wife or husband, therefore I expect <this, this, and this> from you!") So there again, there will be emotional demands placed on people regardless of their personal inclinations.

I'm not sure why you took this as an indictment of NFs, but I'm sorry if I said something that made it come across like that.

Well, yeah, definitely.

Well, since I'm practicing my apology skills, I think I owe you an apology, too, Jennifer. I don't ever check the date of the post (bad me), and I was being overly sensitive about the matter. I don't really know why I went into defense mode, but it would seem I attacked everyone on this thread that day !

Sad Face.
    Last edited by neptunesnet; 09-22-2009 at 01:45 PM.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Haight View Post
    Give your top three reasons for why it does, or would, suck to be an INT.

My three reasons:

1/ There aren't enough of us. Hence, the feeling of "not fitting in" or "being an outcast" carries a heavy burden through our entire lives.

2/ Over-thinking and under-doing is a major source of conflict.

3/ Our genius is severely underrated by the society at large.
    #2 is definitely a major problem. It's as if my own brain's against me.
    "I love mankind; it's people I can't stand." Linus van Pelt

Quote Originally Posted by Lookin4theBestNU View Post
    *Warning Over-dramatization* ~I get the feeling this thread is a set-up let me help~
    3 reasons INTXs suck:
    1. I'm so logical it hurts. I must be as complicated as possible when communicating to make sure no one knows whether I am right or wrong unless they are willing to break out a dictionary. Don't worry you could never be as smart as me anyway!
    2. I'm totally and completely misunderstood *sniffle*. I cannot however do anything to change that as it will infringe upon my autonomy!! Who needs other people anyway? It's so illogical to want friends.
    3. I'm sorry but no, I cannot take your feelings into consideration before I speak.
    Feelings are bad news avoid them at all costs!!! Lucky for me I don't have any!!!
    God, that is so freaking funny

General inertia
    Impracticality in a situation which requires me to do something
    Practicality in a situation which requires me to agree/ empathise
    Always warring within myself
    Questioning whatever I come into contact with
    Trying to take sides

I've probably mutated to a mixed type though lol

Quote Originally Posted by ptgatsby View Post
    That's very INTP, not very NTJ and not as ENTP.

The form of arrogance comes in different ways. One is to assert the certainty of one's superiority, often through dismissal of another's ideas. Another is to assert the absolute value our methodology - for example, Bluewings unwillingness to look at something any other way than 'logic'.

The INT nature is to be passive aggressive in terms of arrogance, comapred to ENTs. It does come out when interacting but is rarely pro-actively overbearing.

This post contains hidden irony. Can you see it?

This one too, I assume?
    After reading the discussion which lead to these words above, (in beginning of thread)
    I've been thinking about the notion of arrogance
    and wondered wether it can simply equate to preference.

Just as NT's may come off arrogant when preferring their 'mathematical' system of thought in order to approach things, NF's can be arrogant in finding their 'humanistic' Quest-alike approach to be more valuable and human, SP's can be arrogant in finding it's more worthy to stick around in the present, and an SJ can be arrogant in liking to preserve certain traditions
    --- and so 'condemning' anything 'different' , and defending one's own 'wish'.

In that regard everybody is arrogant once expressing something led by a personal preference.

MBTI
    INxJ

SOCIAL AWKWARDNESS x 3. It's just doesn't seem to budge.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

1. i feel like finding someone whos interests would even be in the same galaxy as mine, is close to impossible. (you know when your pabbling about the patterns in our universe and everything in it to someone and they go "whats an uniwurst?"), sometimes i even wish i could find other peoples meaningless chit-chat interesting, i usually snap out of it quickly tho.

2. People not understanding that when i answer "uhm... nothing? im thinking" to the question "how are you feeling?" its not because im depressed/hurt etc. its just the way i roll! (my emotions are only for those who have the patience and skill to climb down to the depths of my inner-dungeon and defeat the dragons there)

3. oh the social situations... i dont like em, LOATHE chit-chat, but i can handle em with some awkward grace (and by grace i mean a one legged drunk hobo trying to breakdance)

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Martin997 View Post
    oh the social situations... i dont like em, LOATHE chit-chat, but i can handle em with some awkward grace (and by grace i mean a one legged drunk hobo trying to breakdance)
    z=

I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"