User Tag List

First 1252606162636472 Last

MBTI
    ISFP

1-Being emotionally oblivious to the people you love..
    2-rationalizing emotion
    3-being emotionally oblivious to the people you love..

Yep, those 3 things make being an INTJ suck

1. feeling isolated because of your brilliant/idiosyncratic thought (also, feeling misanthropic, naturally)

2. failing at interpersonal relationships because of your inability to be affectionate and considerate more often than not

3. a tendency to be overly cerebral...making you want to smash your head open at times

I want to add another one because I am a female INT and that is gender expectations...
    I know personally it freaks many a male out when I look feminine but am directionally male. I approach relationships and friendships with the mind set of being an intellectual and mental equal. I think a lot of guys are either threatened by this or just plain freaked out that I can be so detached(male) yet still be definitely feminine. I have/had many guys who are/were interested in me but I have remained unavailable because I am detached and come off as emotionally cold. It sucks because obviously I do not choose to be this way. This issue creates a certain kind of tension in all of my relationships with males.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    1. Can't do something just to be nice or just to fit in or just to get it done -- it always has to be LOGICAL at some level. (@#@&^!!!)
    soo true and such a source of conflicts with our beloved F's and SJ's
    INTP/5w4 sx

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Socionics
    LII

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Nyx View Post
    1. feeling isolated because of your brilliant/idiosyncratic thought (also, feeling misanthropic, naturally)

2. failing at interpersonal relationships because of your inability to be affectionate and considerate more often than not

3. a tendency to be overly cerebral...making you want to smash your head open at times
    oh!: You hit the nail on (my) head.

Not being super feminine (but still xx and a Kinsey 2, go figure), it stikes people as weird that I'm not at all emotionally-driven. And as far as interpersonal relationships, I could take it or leave it, so I +1 you there.
    I 79.65%
    N 67.34%
    T 80.53%
    P 75.76%

5w6 sp/so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Lithium Onyx View Post
    oh!: You hit the nail on (my) head.

Not being super feminine (but still xx and a Kinsey 2, go figure), it stikes people as weird that I'm not at all emotionally-driven. And as far as interpersonal relationships, I could take it or leave it, so I +1 you there.

Finally! I know I'm not alone in my freaky NT female existence

MBTI
    INFP

My 3 are based on my experiences living with an INTJ roommate for a year, and then having an INTJ group member in a class. Its interesting cuz as rare as they are supposed to be, I keep running into them. So I guess this is more about INTJs.

1. Lack of regard for others. Stuff like not taking credit for someone else's work, and being more involved when it comes to living with another person. Nobody asked you to sign up for a double when you wanted to be left alone. Not doing your share of the chores is not the way to express your resentment. Maybe a better way to put it is: assholry.

2. Passive-aggression/covert-aggression. Especially INTJs; they are very ambitious fellows who don't often show it overtly. They have goals in mind and pretty much, they don't really care who they step on to get there.

3. Prone to jealousy/ bad losers. They seem to be born with a win-lose mentality - if I win, you must lose.

Strangely enough, I do better with INTPs. One would think they are even more intolerant of my INFP ways, since their Feeling function is ranked 4th. Maybe my sharp Ne makes up for the differences in thought process. For my part, I relate to our surface similarity. The slight slouch, not anal about time and deadlines, slightly unkempt appearance, same tendency to look kind of "nerdy." They are still bad losers though.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

My grievance list with being an INTJ.

1. Detaches so easily that you often leave emotional opportunities by the wayside because they are "more trouble than they're worth."

2. Has a strict set of self-imposed standards that one holds oneself to more than anyone else, yet no one else listens to that last part.

3. Not realizing that she was flirting with you all night until after you left the bar (damned Se).
    Function Activity:
    Ni > Te > Ti = Fi > Ne > Si = Fe > Se

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7

Default My 3.

1. Being so emotionally detached from most people that I don't see the point in having long-term relationships with others.

2. Forgetting that I'm entitled to feel emotions in situations when most people get emotional. And forgetting that it doesn't make someone else a bad person to be sad over something I view as trivial. (i.e. parents divorcing, bad breakup, etc.)

3. Not really thinking that any of those above-stated testimonies are actually bad things, but knowing that I probably should.
    the flames and smoke climbed out of every window and disappeared with everything that you held dear. but you shed not a single tear for the things that you didn't need 'cause you knew you were finally free.
    ben gibbard

MBTI
    intp

Barbara Streisand made me jealous when she said 'People. People who need people, are the luckiest people in the world'

Some days, I think she's right

MBTI
    INFJ

Just a question to all you NT's. I see that many of you are proud individuals who can easily detach emotion when making decisions. You do not really care if people like you or your decisions.

My questions:

1) You're human. So you do have emotions. Do you feel you need to consciously surpress them, or is the surpressing 'natural' and is it going automatically?

2) Are emotions a nuisance to you? Why?

My type's (ENFJ) weak points are that every action we take we do for the benefit of others, cancelling our own needs out of the equation. That's probably the opposite as what the NT's naturally do. For us: if others are happy, we are happy. We are focused on not to offend anyone (unless the group benefits), we hate conflict (unless the group benefits, etc.) and we like status quo.

So I'm just curious to NT's natural abilities and their rationale, they're way of coping or showing them, so I can perhaps get new insights on improving my own weak points.

People might find some of your character traits suck, but understanding them might turn out to be useful for me.