User Tag List

First 949575859606169 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Popsicle View Post
    I think this is an issue for INFs too. I seriously do not get it. I'm dating an ISFJ who is emotionally invested in so many teams I can't keep track. I have given up trying to understand the fascination and just accept it as a quirk of his.
    My ex was NOT a sports person. At all. He use to tell me I forced hockey on him. He did ask me once why I liked it so much. This was my beloved sport. The greatest sport in the world. The best conditioned athletes. It is a graceful and elegant game (some teams more so than others of course). He thought this observation was ridiculous. It was a brutal and vicious sport. He also felt that it was an elitist game and that was where the attraction was for me. Not that I'd been skating since toddler hood or that the town where I grew up had a long and successful history with the game. I never cared that he hated hockey as much as I found it odd that he didn't follow any sports. Really odd. I don't know why exactly but it bothered me a fair amount.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by forzen View Post
    But like all my relationship, i can't seem to get attached to anyone (not that it bothers me), so people has to either call me up or we have to run to each other to have a conversation (i don't know if other INTP have this problem). So i stay on mutual ground with other INT cause they are also too introvert to initiate anything.
    Actually this tendency of mine has increasingly become a concern to my GF. She thinks it's weird and unnatural, I don't really think she gets that I just love to be alone. She said she feels bad when she goes out with her friends on Saturday night and I just chill out at home, but I think she makes an issue of it because it makes her feel guilty for some reason.

But yes, I usually don't initiate anything. Ever. If someone calls me up, I'm game, but if not, night in.

MBTI
    entp

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    I never cared that he hated hockey as much as I found it odd that he didn't follow any sports. Really odd. I don't know why exactly but it bothered me a fair amount.
    maybe because you couldn't relate to him in that area AT ALL?
    or you couldn't find what got him excited and worked up? (though thats prolly not the case)

thats interesting to me cuz i dont follow sports either. i enjoy watching them and much rather play than watch but never followed anything.

MBTI
    INTP

I have an INTP friend who is very similar. If I want to do anything with him, I have to initiate contact. Every time. It has always been this way. I have known him long enough, however, to realize he is like this with everyone...even his family.

I'd almost think he was not interested in being friends, but he always is happy to see me and we always have a good time. He even thanks me for setting up whatever we do and tells me he is looking forward to the next time.

But I know that if we are to do it again, I have to arrange it. If I didn't, I'd not be surprised if I never heard from him again.
    Ha, I'm that way a lot. I've gotten better about inviting people to do stuff, but frankly, I don't do stuff that often. I will almost never call someone out of the blue just to talk. Thank goodness for friends that accept that quirk and don't take it personally.

And yeah, there is nothing more boring than sports on tv, unless it's listening to someone talk about sports on tv.
    Something Witty

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

The only sport I watch/semi-keep track of is MMA.

Sports and the whole 'let's go team' mentality thing just don't do it for me. I want to see someone get punched in the fucking face.
    Ti = 19 [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Te = 16[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Ne = 16[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Fi = 15 [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Si = 12 [][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Ni = 12 [][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Se = 11[][][][][][][][][][][]
    Fe = 0

-----------------
    Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly;
    Man got to sit and wonder why, why, why;
    Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land;
    Man got to tell himself he understand

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics

FC's Top Three Reasons Why INTs Suck-

1. Authoritative towards their work, dismissive to anything else
    2. Wants to be called a genius, the more direct, the better.
    3. Two forums, INTPCentral, INTJ Forum.
    ESTP - Definition: "Love" is making a shot to the knees of a target a 120 km away, with an aratech sniper rifle and tri-light scope.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

WTF is this dude saying? A Schnitzel's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Socionics
    B.S.

Quote Originally Posted by FC3S View Post
    Wants to be called a genius, the more direct, the better.
    I know quite a few INTPs and they usually hate when they're called that.

Putting someone on a pedestal isn't very nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    sheesh humans! for realz

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics

Quote Originally Posted by A Schnitzel View Post
    I know quite a few INTPs and they usually hate when they're called that.

Putting someone on a pedestal isn't very nice.
    And as I understand it I see INTPs paraphrasing each other with only the positives without the negatives.

And of course, it's only calling out if it's negative. Go figure.
    ESTP - Definition: "Love" is making a shot to the knees of a target a 120 km away, with an aratech sniper rifle and tri-light scope.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ?
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    Actually this tendency of mine has increasingly become a concern to my GF. She thinks it's weird and unnatural, I don't really think she gets that I just love to be alone. She said she feels bad when she goes out with her friends on Saturday night and I just chill out at home, but I think she makes an issue of it because it makes her feel guilty for some reason.

But yes, I usually don't initiate anything. Ever. If someone calls me up, I'm game, but if not, night in.
    Is this a solid INTP trait? I can certainly relate to this exactly.

Also, what type is your GF? I'm taking a guess..

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

I have an INTP friend who is very similar. If I want to do anything with him, I have to initiate contact. Every time. It has always been this way. I have known him long enough, however, to realize he is like this with everyone...even his family.
    Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    I think this is more an INTP guy thing -they tend to be very passive.
    I initiate stuff quite often. Just don't always follow through ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.