User Tag List

First 848565758596068 Last

Results 571 to 580 of 774

  1. #571
    meh Salomé's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    10,540

    Default

    ^see INTPCentral.

    On second thoughts, don't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

  2. #572
    DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    Hype
    Posts
    2,078

    Default

    congeal in 3-space, smartypants! intahnetz dun count

  3. #573
    now! in shell form INA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    intp
    Posts
    3,198

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vildechaya View Post
    But in real life would Mr.Spock have mocked Albert Einstein?
    Do ISTJs mock their INTP betters?
    hoarding time and space
    A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born.
    — Antoine de Saint-Exupery

  4. #574
    Senior Member forzen's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Socionics
    X/0
    Posts
    547

    Default

    1. When a SJ makes a joke regarding someone's characteristic (albeit untrue and ridiculous), everyone laughs.
    When a NT make a joke about someone's characteristic, its perceived as cold and cruel (probably because its a obvious characteristic).
    2. Having to listen to sport talk all day (basketball, football, etc) because your work center is full of SJs.
    3. Not being able to contribute to any said topic because of lack of interest then being singled out.
    4. Resorting to wikipedia'ing basketball players, football players, etc and trying to sound like you been watching sports since you were born.

    Seriously, these people talk about sports all day everyday. I have nothing against it, but common......
    Last edited by forzen; 06-05-2009 at 07:03 PM.

  5. #575
    (☞゚∀゚)☞ The Decline's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    ?
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Posts
    780

    Default

    INTPs:
    - fail miserably at implementing their excellent & creative ideas
    - often don't utilize enough the experiences and sharing of ideas with others that could very well help them in their endeavors; stuck in loner ways
    - are afraid of/distant from emotions quite a bit

  6. #576
    Junior Member Redbud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by forzen View Post
    1. When a SJ makes a joke regarding someone's characteristic (albeit untrue and ridicilous), everyone laughs.
    When a NT make a joke about someone's characteristic, its perceived as cold and cruel (probably because its a obvious characteristic).
    2. Having to listen to sport talk all day (basketball, football, etc) because your work center is full of SJs.
    3. Not being able to contribute to any said topic because of lack of interest then being singled out.
    4. Resorting to wikipedia'ing basketball players, football players, etc and trying to sound like you been watching sports since you were born.

    Seriously, these people talk about sports all day everyday. I have nothing against it, but common......
    1. Oh, God...Pro Team Sports. I can't think of anything more boring-except college team sports. I would actually rather talk about a root canal. I'm pretty sure that at least I would learn something interesting during that conversation. Not fitting into the mainstream and being singled out as square peg does kind of stink. Trying to fake it by pretending an interest in sports stinks worse.

    2. The joke thing-I agree. Seems like other people get a pass on making jokes or comments that seem insulting or inappropriate but those same words just don't work coming from my face.

    3. Parties often stink. The music is often loud so you can't hear worth a darn to talk to other people (who don't like your jokes or are often talking about sports anyway...); I don't like dancing-too much like a public performance with no rehearsal; if I sit in a corner and just listen to music I get comments about being 'sad', not feeling well, or just being anti-social; if I don't go I offend people; and I make drunks nervous because even when I'm drunk, I look and sound sober.

    4. Meeting other NT's who fit the negative stereotype. I'm pretty excited to meet someone I think I have things in common with, so it is sad if the person
    turns out to be too arrogant to talk to.

    5. The frustration of trying to climb the corporate ladder even though I know I don't fit the skirt for the typical executive.
    Introverted Intuitive Thinking Perceiving
    Strength of the preferences %
    67 38 12 11

  7. #577
    Senior Member forzen's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Socionics
    X/0
    Posts
    547

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Redbud View Post
    1. Oh, God...Pro Team Sports. I can't think of anything more boring-except college team sports. I would actually rather talk about a root canal. I'm pretty sure that at least I would learn something interesting during that conversation. Not fitting into the mainstream and being singled out as square peg does kind of stink. Trying to fake it by pretending an interest in sports stinks worse.

    2. The joke thing-I agree. Seems like other people get a pass on making jokes or comments that seem insulting or inappropriate but those same words just don't work coming from my face.

    3. Parties often stink. The music is often loud so you can't hear worth a darn to talk to other people (who don't like your jokes or are often talking about sports anyway...); I don't like dancing-too much like a public performance with no rehearsal; if I sit in a corner and just listen to music I get comments about being 'sad', not feeling well, or just being anti-social; if I don't go I offend people; and I make drunks nervous because even when I'm drunk, I look and sound sober.

    4. Meeting other NT's who fit the negative stereotype. I'm pretty excited to meet someone I think I have things in common with, so it is sad if the person
    turns out to be too arrogant to talk to.

    5. The frustration of trying to climb the corporate ladder even though I know I don't fit the skirt for the typical executive.

    Yes, I can't make a joke without sounding cold and cruel, so i resort to jokes that don't applies to anyone. While my friend loves to put me in the spotlight. It doesn't offend me cause its part of his personality (i know cause he does it to practically everyone). The sport thing happens daily so i'm use to it by now. I did get to know a INTJ chick, she's pretty cool to hang out with. But like all my relationship, i can't seem to get attached to anyone (not that it bothers me), so people has to either call me up or we have to run to each other to have a conversation (i don't know if other INTP have this problem). So i stay on mutual ground with other INT cause they are also too introvert to initiate anything.

  8. #578
    Alexander the Terrible yenom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,755

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by forzen View Post
    1. When a SJ makes a joke regarding someone's characteristic (albeit untrue and ridiculous), everyone laughs.
    When a NT make a joke about someone's characteristic, its perceived as cold and cruel (probably because its a obvious characteristic).
    2. Having to listen to sport talk all day (basketball, football, etc) because your work center is full of SJs.
    3. Not being able to contribute to any said topic because of lack of interest then being singled out.
    4. Resorting to wikipedia'ing basketball players, football players, etc and trying to sound like you been watching sports since you were born.

    Seriously, these people talk about sports all day everyday. I have nothing against it, but common......
    (1)keep interrupting, tell them you don't understand what thety say and you want an opportunity to talk
    (2)say the opposite of what they say. If they say something is good, you say it is bad
    (3) Bullshit, say things that don't make sense
    (4)Argue, argue, argue
    (5) Close your eyes, go to sleep, right in front of their sight
    (6)bring a few INTX and an ENTX, and let gradually stir the conversation to what you want to say

    That is all I can think of.
    The fear of poverty turns people into slaves of money.

    "In this Caesar there are many Mariuses"~Sulla

    Conquer your inner demons first before you conquer the world.

  9. #579
    Senior Member Popsicle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Posts
    176

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by forzen View Post
    But like all my relationship, i can't seem to get attached to anyone (not that it bothers me), so people has to either call me up or we have to run to each other to have a conversation (i don't know if other INTP have this problem). So i stay on mutual ground with other INT cause they are also too introvert to initiate anything.

    I have an INTP friend who is very similar. If I want to do anything with him, I have to initiate contact. Every time. It has always been this way. I have known him long enough, however, to realize he is like this with everyone...even his family.

    I'd almost think he was not interested in being friends, but he always is happy to see me and we always have a good time. He even thanks me for setting up whatever we do and tells me he is looking forward to the next time.

    But I know that if we are to do it again, I have to arrange it. If I didn't, I'd not be surprised if I never heard from him again.

  10. #580
    Senior Member Popsicle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Posts
    176

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Redbud View Post
    1. Oh, God...Pro Team Sports. I can't think of anything more boring-except college team sports. I would actually rather talk about a root canal. I'm pretty sure that at least I would learn something interesting during that conversation. Not fitting into the mainstream and being singled out as square peg does kind of stink. Trying to fake it by pretending an interest in sports stinks worse.
    I think this is an issue for INFs too. I seriously do not get it. I'm dating an ISFJ who is emotionally invested in so many teams I can't keep track. I have given up trying to understand the fascination and just accept it as a quirk of his.

Similar Threads

  1. [SP] Top 3 reasons for why SPs suck...
    By The Ü™ in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 205
    Last Post: 01-07-2013, 09:58 AM
  2. [SJ] Top 3 reasons for why SJs suck...
    By The Ü™ in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 192
    Last Post: 04-05-2011, 07:21 PM
  3. [SJ] Top 3 reasons for why SJs rule...
    By Athenian200 in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 04-02-2011, 01:11 AM
  4. [NT] Top Three Reasons For Why INTs Rock
    By groovejet02 in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 05-13-2009, 02:06 PM
  5. [NF] Top 3 reasons for why NFs suck...
    By The Ü™ in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 132
    Last Post: 12-24-2008, 04:20 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO