First 848565758596068 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

^see INTPCentral.

On second thoughts, don't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
    MBTI
    Hype

congeal in 3-space, smartypants! intahnetz dun count

MBTI
    intp

Quote Originally Posted by Vildechaya View Post
    But in real life would Mr.Spock have mocked Albert Einstein?
    Do ISTJs mock their INTP betters?
    hoarding time and space
    A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born.
    — Antoine de Saint-Exupery

MBTI
    INTJ
    Socionics
    X/0

1. When a SJ makes a joke regarding someone's characteristic (albeit untrue and ridiculous), everyone laughs.
    When a NT make a joke about someone's characteristic, its perceived as cold and cruel (probably because its a obvious characteristic).
    2. Having to listen to sport talk all day (basketball, football, etc) because your work center is full of SJs.
    3. Not being able to contribute to any said topic because of lack of interest then being singled out.
    4. Resorting to wikipedia'ing basketball players, football players, etc and trying to sound like you been watching sports since you were born.

Seriously, these people talk about sports all day everyday. I have nothing against it, but common......
    Last edited by forzen; 06-05-2009 at 07:03 PM.

MBTI
    ?
    Enneagram
    5w4

INTPs:
    - fail miserably at implementing their excellent & creative ideas
    - often don't utilize enough the experiences and sharing of ideas with others that could very well help them in their endeavors; stuck in loner ways
    - are afraid of/distant from emotions quite a bit

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by forzen View Post
    1. When a SJ makes a joke regarding someone's characteristic (albeit untrue and ridicilous), everyone laughs.
    When a NT make a joke about someone's characteristic, its perceived as cold and cruel (probably because its a obvious characteristic).
    2. Having to listen to sport talk all day (basketball, football, etc) because your work center is full of SJs.
    3. Not being able to contribute to any said topic because of lack of interest then being singled out.
    4. Resorting to wikipedia'ing basketball players, football players, etc and trying to sound like you been watching sports since you were born.

Seriously, these people talk about sports all day everyday. I have nothing against it, but common......
    1. Oh, God...Pro Team Sports. I can't think of anything more boring-except college team sports. I would actually rather talk about a root canal. I'm pretty sure that at least I would learn something interesting during that conversation. Not fitting into the mainstream and being singled out as square peg does kind of stink. Trying to fake it by pretending an interest in sports stinks worse.

2. The joke thing-I agree. Seems like other people get a pass on making jokes or comments that seem insulting or inappropriate but those same words just don't work coming from my face.

3. Parties often stink. The music is often loud so you can't hear worth a darn to talk to other people (who don't like your jokes or are often talking about sports anyway...); I don't like dancing-too much like a public performance with no rehearsal; if I sit in a corner and just listen to music I get comments about being 'sad', not feeling well, or just being anti-social; if I don't go I offend people; and I make drunks nervous because even when I'm drunk, I look and sound sober.

4. Meeting other NT's who fit the negative stereotype. I'm pretty excited to meet someone I think I have things in common with, so it is sad if the person
    turns out to be too arrogant to talk to.

5. The frustration of trying to climb the corporate ladder even though I know I don't fit the skirt for the typical executive.
    Introverted Intuitive Thinking Perceiving
    Strength of the preferences %
    67 38 12 11

MBTI
    INTJ
    Socionics
    X/0

Quote Originally Posted by Redbud View Post
    1. Oh, God...Pro Team Sports. I can't think of anything more boring-except college team sports. I would actually rather talk about a root canal. I'm pretty sure that at least I would learn something interesting during that conversation. Not fitting into the mainstream and being singled out as square peg does kind of stink. Trying to fake it by pretending an interest in sports stinks worse.

2. The joke thing-I agree. Seems like other people get a pass on making jokes or comments that seem insulting or inappropriate but those same words just don't work coming from my face.

3. Parties often stink. The music is often loud so you can't hear worth a darn to talk to other people (who don't like your jokes or are often talking about sports anyway...); I don't like dancing-too much like a public performance with no rehearsal; if I sit in a corner and just listen to music I get comments about being 'sad', not feeling well, or just being anti-social; if I don't go I offend people; and I make drunks nervous because even when I'm drunk, I look and sound sober.

4. Meeting other NT's who fit the negative stereotype. I'm pretty excited to meet someone I think I have things in common with, so it is sad if the person
    turns out to be too arrogant to talk to.

5. The frustration of trying to climb the corporate ladder even though I know I don't fit the skirt for the typical executive.

Yes, I can't make a joke without sounding cold and cruel, so i resort to jokes that don't applies to anyone. While my friend loves to put me in the spotlight. It doesn't offend me cause its part of his personality (i know cause he does it to practically everyone). The sport thing happens daily so i'm use to it by now. I did get to know a INTJ chick, she's pretty cool to hang out with. But like all my relationship, i can't seem to get attached to anyone (not that it bothers me), so people has to either call me up or we have to run to each other to have a conversation (i don't know if other INTP have this problem). So i stay on mutual ground with other INT cause they are also too introvert to initiate anything.

Smile

1. When a SJ makes a joke regarding someone's characteristic (albeit untrue and ridiculous), everyone laughs.

(1)keep interrupting, tell them you don't understand what thety say and you want an opportunity to talk
    (2)say the opposite of what they say. If they say something is good, you say it is bad
    (3) Bullshit, say things that don't make sense
    (4)Argue, argue, argue
    (5) Close your eyes, go to sleep, right in front of their sight
    (6)bring a few INTX and an ENTX, and let gradually stir the conversation to what you want to say

That is all I can think of.
    The fear of poverty turns people into slaves of money.

"In this Caesar there are many Mariuses"~Sulla

Conquer your inner demons first before you conquer the world.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1

But like all my relationship, i can't seem to get attached to anyone (not that it bothers me), so people has to either call me up or we have to run to each other to have a conversation (i don't know if other INTP have this problem). So i stay on mutual ground with other INT cause they are also too introvert to initiate anything.

I have an INTP friend who is very similar. If I want to do anything with him, I have to initiate contact. Every time. It has always been this way. I have known him long enough, however, to realize he is like this with everyone...even his family.

I'd almost think he was not interested in being friends, but he always is happy to see me and we always have a good time. He even thanks me for setting up whatever we do and tells me he is looking forward to the next time.

But I know that if we are to do it again, I have to arrange it. If I didn't, I'd not be surprised if I never heard from him again.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by Redbud View Post
    I think this is an issue for INFs too. I seriously do not get it. I'm dating an ISFJ who is emotionally invested in so many teams I can't keep track. I have given up trying to understand the fascination and just accept it as a quirk of his.