User Tag List

Page 56 of 78 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast

Thread: Top Three Reasons For Why INTs Suck

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    Tendency towards intellectual elitism, especially on the internet, lol, that's just plain sad, guys. :p

Tendency towards emotional retardation, that, too, is sad but more of a I-wanna-hug-you kind of sad.

Tendency to disregard, deny, or put off more personally-rooted problems in their lives to continue pursuing their safer, more intellectually-inclined pursuits.
    Transparently reactive trivialization as a defense mechanism against a perceived inferiority to a poorly and unscientifically defined class of people. God, yes. That's the stuff.

I drink your resentment. It nourishes my blackened soul.

Senior Member Array

1. insensitiveness
    2. insensitiveness
    3. insensitiveness

Though I wouldn't generalise it.

Nips away your dignity Array Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by hommefatal View Post
    1. insensitiveness
    2 insensitiveness
    3. insensitiveness

INT's are the most sensitive of people I know, but they only show it to people who they believe really deserve their respect and trust.

But you're right, people that generalise generally don't get a single whiff of respect from us.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7?

1. can't take 'em to a meeting of "the good ol' boys" for fishing and pong(ex.: friend)
    2. can get obsessive about interesting scenarios (ex.: sci fi)
    3. take my good ideas... and are better at figuring them out (ex.: roommate)

infuriating, unless you find them in a state of relaxation. those clever weasels.

Freshman Member Array simulatedworld's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by hommefatal View Post
    1. insensitiveness
    2. insensitiveness
    3. insensitiveness

Top 3 reasons non-NTs suck:

1) poor grammatical abilities.
    2) poor grammatical abilities.
    3) poor grammatical abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    INT's are the most sensitive of people I know, but they only show it to people who they believe really deserve their respect and trust.

But you're right, people that generalise generally don't get a single whiff of respect from us.
    That's silly; NTs generalize more than most people because we always want broad-reaching explanations that can condense the big picture into a series of theoretical statements. The problem isn't generalizing; it's incorrectly applying a generalization to all cases when an inherent property of generalizations is that they don't apply to all cases. That's just understood.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

Peace on Earth, dammit Array Thalassa's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    Top 3 reasons non-NTs suck:

1) poor grammatical abilities.
    2) poor grammatical abilities.
    3) poor grammatical abilities.
    I call bullshit on that. I'm an NF and an English major with a 3.9 GPA. Many English teachers are NFs.
    "Sentiment without action is the ruin of the soul." - Edward Abbey

"In those days I, Daniel, was mourning three full weeks. I ate no pleasant food, no meat or wine came into my mouth, nor did I anoint myself at all, till three whole weeks were fulfilled." Daniel 10:2-3

Fasting for Advent

Give Vegan

SEE-Fi /Gamma

darkened dreams Array labyrinthine's Avatar
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INFp None

To the extent that MBTI is a convincing model for personality study, I have tended to especially like INTs for their quiet clarity and even-tempered approach to life. Those I have known who most closely match the descriptions in the MBTI literature and who have a level of maturity have been the people I often admire the most and feel most comfortable including in my life.

That being said, there is a strange irony i have noticed in my years of being on these forums. For some reason there are people with INT by their name who approach life in a fundamentally judgmental manner - especially in social interactions. I think this might result from a combination of social pessimism, a limited ability to process and respond to emotional communication, and an assumption of being "intuitive", which is assumed to mean one can make accurate snap judgments. It's possible that projecting the judgments is related to receiving judgments in real life, so that it can become the assume style of social interaction. There can also be confusion between "telling it like it is" and "telling it like my prejudicial assumptions think it is". This can result in suspicion in the presence of emotional communication which results in judgments such as: the person is manipulative, this person is fake and insincere, the person pities self, has no integrity, is not intelligent, etc. The worst offenders have typically been banned, socially rejected by the INT norm, or feared and respected, depending on their own skills at communication. There is at least a thin layer of common judgments present in the norm. There have been examples of public shaming and other methods of control over the years on various forums to act out these judgments.

My point is that the extreme cases of judgmental behaviors are notable. It is an ironic phenomenon because the true type by nature is arguably the least judgmental of any group of people.

Edit: I am a little uncomfortable saying this is a reason "why INTs suck", since I've been friends with more than one of the worst offenders over the years who were rejected by the norm. It's pretty clear that life is much more arduous for the judger than for the judgee.
    The first man to raise a fist is the man who's run out of ideas. H.G. WELLS
    The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. FEYNMAN

If this is monkey pee, you're on your own.SCULLY

MBTI
    Intp
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Socionics
    ILI

gosh, toonia, such a serious intervention, but alas: so true...

For some reason -no ageism intended- many teenagers seem to identify a lot with INTP (not always being one) and then are so pleased with this aha-erlebnis that they overdo it and turn it into some sort of a cult. Sadly enough, that is the point where -indeed- they fall out of their role...
    Vanitas vanitatum omnia vanitas

Member Array
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post

That's silly; NTs generalize more than most people because we always want broad-reaching explanations that can condense the big picture into a series of theoretical statements. The problem isn't generalizing; it's incorrectly applying a generalization to all cases when an inherent property of generalizations is that they don't apply to all cases. That's just understood.

I think sometimes people use the word "generalize" when what they actually mean is "stereotype".

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    3w2 so

Huge dicks !
    Bad Santa
    Time will explain.
    ~Persuasion - by Jane Austen