Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Natrushka View Post
    I don't think this is INT but INTP. I know it's certainly not INTJ.
    I don't know, I have a nasty habit of procrastinating. The problem is that I conceptualize too much. I'm a perfectionist that way, and sometimes I don't get around to doing things because I'm afraid of being incompetent.

Js, could also procrastinate and even be lazy because they have a hard time breaking habits. NJs could be even worse at this, since clear structure and routine enables them to zone out. Also, it's in the N's nature to have a vivid mental conception of what might go wrong. Coupled with a J function, I would suspect that NJs would believe their Intuitive conceptions and choose not to do act upon them because of the Judging function's fear of wasting time.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I took it to mean that INTPs try to quell any arrogant outbursts, just to avoid trouble, but inside they can sometimes build up a lot of resentment against the "intellectually inferior/lazy" others who eventually they will retaliate against, either in an emotional outburst or just by seeking to quietly avoid or ignore or undermine them. [i.e., a Real-Life "Ignore" feature... because that person's thinking/viewpoint is inferior/untrustworthy]
    That would describe me very well. I get into trouble when I ignore or undermine a boss (or military superior) because I believe their way of thinking is flawed ... or simply that they are morons.

MBTI
    INTJ

Backhanded compliments I understand and agree - passive aggresive. A really poor sport.

Dismissing someone out of hand, no insult, no explanation, is passive aggressive? That I don't hold with. If someone is not worth my time then they're not worth the time it takes to tell them that, and I don't.

This signature left intentionally blank.

Really.

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ISFx

Quote Originally Posted by rivercrow View Post
    My, that's a personal question.
    ok, ok

MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by Shimpei View Post
    ok, ok
    Oh, np.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Dismissing someone out of hand, no insult, no explanation, is passive aggressive? That I don't hold with. If someone is not worth my time then they're not worth the time it takes to tell them that, and I don't.
    Well, it probably is not what's normally considered passive-aggressive, because the INTP is so passive.

So there's a passive first response, and then the "aggressive" response in this case is avoiding/ignoring/discounting the other person in the future. (The mature response would be to take each issue on its own terms, I guess, and actually discuss it in case it has value.)

Quote Originally Posted by ptgatsby
    It's also very INFP.
    [puts gatsby on ignore]
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

1. Always looking for ways to improve things (not always appreciated)
    2. Overanalyzing everything (which can get in the way of doing)
    3. Approaching other peoples' problems with solutions, rather than with empathy

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Well, it probably is not what's normally considered passive-aggressive, because the INTP is so passive.
    Pardon, Jennifer, I was referring to intJs here because I was using myself as an example

This signature left intentionally blank.

Really.

MBTI
    ISTP

Backhanded compliments I understand and agree - passive aggresive. A really poor sport.

In the strictest terms, it's not passive aggressive. I'm using it as an analogy. If we really get down into transactional analysis or something similar, with pre-written behaviour scripts, there is an argument for it being a form of PA behaviour... but it's not really an important point.

This is about how we interact with people - so if you are sitting down at a table talking to someone, what happens is that you'll find a way to assert your dominance over them and their ideas. If they say something you don't like, it isn't just rational... the arrogance comes out in how you dismiss the other person. Not as a permanent thing, but in how you convey that dismissal.

It is effectively being a 'bad sport' - if two people are playing sports together, that kind of behaviour would be defined as 'bad sport'. It'd be like trash talking. Even from our perspective, trying to help the other person out turns into a "look at me go, I'm so good, you suck" attitude! Nevermind that the attitude that we are the 'better' one is arrogant to start with.

(Edit: Jennifer is correct, INTPs would fall under PA for sure... and INTJs do something similar, but I wouldn't call it PA. Either way, they both share the same dismissal, which is the core of being superior and therefore arrogant)

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ISFx

Quote Originally Posted by curmudgeon View Post
    3. Approaching other peoples' problems with solutions, rather than with empathy
    Right on!