User Tag List

First 28363738394048 Last

MBTI
    INFJ

Inability to remember anything not in their own little world.

Today I had a phone job interview scheduled. My INTP husband left this morning without mentioning a word about it, like "Good luck."

I had the interview, which went well, then called my husband WHO HAD NO IDEA WHY I WAS CALLING. When I told him, he was happy for me, but he honestly didn't remember I had the interview before that.
    Proud Female Rider in Maverick's Bike Club.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ExTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Sling View Post

Love is a net positive force, so the square root of love is a real number.

The cosine of love is between 1 and -1

Love is always changing, so d(heart)/dt is nonzero most of the time.

Identity matrix times love is hearts on the diagonal, zeros everywhere else.

The result of that bottom function is either zero or undefined, no matter what heart is.

Who said my normal approach is useless.

MBTI
    nnnn

INTJs don't suck.

But they are very boring.

And they project that they are of a lesser creative order because they never stray off the beaten path. This has been my experience at least.
    I can see how an INTJ could be seen as boring by an INTP. The INTPs I know have absolutely no appreciation for the poetic/creative force of Ni and seem to think of us as lesser INTPs because we are similar in our INT ways, but do not subscribe to their own principles/ideals which then entail a sort of radical contrariness that from our point of view is absolutely pointless. This dynamic extends beyond INTJs, though. I don't think that my INTP friend understands how I can be so unconventional and so on the normal track (school)/unrebellious at the same time without becoming schizophrenic. It can get very tiresome because I often feel judged and lacking and no amount of explaining where I come from can seem to change this. *shakes fist at INTP axiomas*

Cute, Zergling. Thanks for explaining.

1) the stereotype(-based reactions)
    2) INTJ-specific: the contingency thinking and subsequent planning etc. it entails; the inability to let go
    3) lack of people that truly understand you

All in all, I wouldn't say that it sucks to be me.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by Uytuun View Post
    The INTPs I know have absolutely no appreciation for the poetic/creative force of Ni
    Yes, we INTPs hear this over and over again. INTJs are primary Ni so they are soooo creative.

Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni

Where's the result? In your heads? Might as well say INTPs get shit done... in their heads.

MBTI
    ENFJ

Creativity comes in the form of getting shit done with very limited resources --something that INTPs are not known for doing.

So while the INTJ is running a multinational organization on $8 a day, some paperclips and a used toothbrush, INTPs are contemplating nuclear physics in their ivory towers. That's the way it usually goes.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    nnnn

Yes, we INTPs hear this over and over again. INTJs are primary Ni so they are soooo creative.

Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni

Where's the result? In your heads? Might as well say INTPs get shit done... in their heads.
    Bring me a shrubbery!

See, no appreciation at all. :p I was commenting on the other poster's assertion that INTJs are boring, I was not trying to assert our superior creativity.

TBH, my core experience of Ni is not really what Haphazard describes. Sure, I do "see" a great many possibilities in the physical realm and I also notice patterns and possibilites in society and in the individual (personality) that others don't seem to and I'm good at creative problem solving, but pure Ni insight is most emphatically present in my ideas and my papers. If people complain about the fact that I write 13-line sentences it is because I'm attacked by a barrage of intuitive insights and connections and I write them down in a semi-stream-of consciousness style so as to reflect all the intuitive links I have in my head. I notice my writing style is more "literary" than other scholars' style. I also am footnote addicted because there is always something more I can add. Of course the papers in question are about literature and that isn't particularly useful in the strict sense of the word. And papers per se aren't that useful either. I believe my INTP friend once told me I read the most useless subject there is. I would guess that being productive would be similar to the paper question for INTPs...if any type, you guys should be able to grasp how difficult it is to make a creative force concrete.

Imagination, vision and fantasy are an INTJs creative side. I guess this translates to ingenuity in the realm of the useful.

In the literal sense of the word, we create ideas, just like you guys do, just in a different way.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    Creativity comes in the form of getting shit done with very limited resources --something that INTPs are not known for doing.
    zzzzzzzzzzzz I do that every day!

Why do you think I have so much time to post? I figure out the system, then game it for all its worth.

MBTI
    ENFJ

The problem with Ni is once you show the work you got done with it, it either goes straight over their head (and is therefore utter nonsense) or makes so much sense that they feel dumb for not realizing it before. Neither appears to be the fruit of any sort of creativity, though, and just makes the other party feel really dumb.

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    The problem with Ni is once you show the work you got done with it, it either goes straight over their head (and is therefore utter nonsense) or makes so much sense that they feel dumb for not realizing it before. Neither appears to be the fruit of any sort of creativity, though, and just makes the other party feel really dumb.
    Hmm, perhaps I've never known any INJs then.
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    Hmm, perhaps I've never known any INJs then.
    Maybe.

Pretty much, INTJs are really, really good at stating the obvious... for some reason, it's something most people overlook.