User Tag List

First 25333435363745 Last

MBTI
    INXP

• Procrastination
    • Being one of the rubbish ones makes you a bane and a nuisance to the rest of humanity
    • Self-pity: Being aware of the aforementioned and then constantly reminding yourself about it through explanation and logical/reason deduction. (Seemingly the purpose of this thread).
    http://badges.mypersonality.info/badge/0/6/68764.png
    Ti Ne Fi Ni

-How beautiful, this pale Endymion hour.
    -What are you talking about?
    -Endymion, my dear. A beautiful youth possessed by the moon.
    -Well, forget about him and get to bed.
    -Yes, my dear.

Content. Content? DigitalMethod's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ

• Misunderstood
    • Misunderstand
    • Hard time tuning into others... wait...

MBTI
    INTJ

1.Being out numbered. Therefore best route to happiness seems to be for all of us to adapt our mode of interaction, rather than everyone else changing.
    2.Being too logical risks oversimplification. Maybe we don't consider how people feel, but doesn't mean that emotion has no impact - just has an impact that can be mystifying
    3.Living in a rule-driven world

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    INTp

I prefer not to use psychic energy towards this, but I'll do one better and post solutions to the problems I've posted. first off, I'm an INTP

1. naturally made for the top of the ladder, but forced to start at the bottom. - create autotelic personality early on and try to align goals with the program for a little bit

2. in school, forced to study at pace with the slowest student in class. - do homework or spin ideas while time whizzes by, thus making time for more awesomer things

3. currently living in a hedonistic, sensate civilzation. - acknowledge that there are many more foot soldiers (sensors) than intuitives. properly honed intuitives are leaders and strategists to have sensors carry out the plan.

if you do believe in INT superiority, act the part, no complaints.

but I think that INT's have helped contribute to the world at large more than any other type. so, dream bigger, do bigger, discipline yourself and mature yourself like you were meant to be.

MBTI
    INTJ

1) Being prone to over-thought/under-action.
    2) Difficulty in making/finding suitable friends.
    3) The tendency to deny/suppress/intellectualize emotions.

But maybe that's just me. :P

MBTI
    Intp
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by quaeresne View Post
    1) Being prone to over-thought/under-action.
    2) Difficulty in making/finding suitable friends.
    3) The tendency to deny/suppress/intellectualize emotions.

But maybe that's just me. :P
    Ouch, you hit a weak spot.
    It is not just you
    Vanitas vanitatum omnia vanitas

MBTI
    epyT

1. Some are convinced that being an NT automatically makes you a genius.
    2. The NT description sure sounds cool
    3. What quaeresne said.

Other than that I enjoy myself and my life, so far.
    Last edited by Bear Warp; 05-24-2008 at 11:39 AM. Reason: For making a claim that I cannot immediately back up.

MBTI
    INTP

1- My logic is barely ever appreciated by my principle friend, who is ExfP, and simply stares blankly at me whenever I make one of my sad attempts at a joke.
    2- Being told that I am "too arrogant", "on a high horse", "self-important" and so on and so forth, when I'm simply stating things the way I see them
    3- Being part of a minority. Although many people may see this as a blessing, it's more of a curse in disguise. How many times can people tell me I'm "weird", "a freak", "abnormal", or "odd" before I start to resent it?

May I add a fourth? Well, it's more of a "qft", actually.
    4- What quaeresne said: "The tendency to deny/suppress/intellectualize emotions."

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by sycayersou View Post
    1- My logic is barely ever appreciated by my principle friend, who is ExfP, and simply stares blankly at me whenever I make one of my sad attempts at a joke.
    2- Being told that I am "too arrogant", "on a high horse", "self-important" and so on and so forth, when I'm simply stating things the way I see them
    3- Being part of a minority. Although many people may see this as a blessing, it's more of a curse in disguise. How many times can people tell me I'm "weird", "a freak", "abnormal", or "odd" before I start to resent it?

May I add a fourth? Well, it's more of a "qft", actually.
    4- What quaeresne said: "The tendency to deny/suppress/intellectualize emotions."
    Those are good reasons to hate being an INTx. Glad I'm an INFJ. But seriously, there are more people out there like you than you think. You just haven't found them yet, because they don't stand out much and are hard to find, being so introverted.

As far as I'm concerned, it's only arrogance if you're certain of something and you can't prove it.

Yes, I imagine that even though you're awkward socially, there's still a lingering desire to be liked and belong somewhere that never gets fulfilled due to... well, you being an INTx. The conflict comes from needing autonomy, yet still wanting to be liked and belong somewhere. That middle ground can be hard to find. I wish you good luck.

No one really knows how to work through their emotions without practice. Some people are better at sensing others feelings, or describing their own feelings, but no one is really any better at dealing with their feelings, or knowing which ones they should follow without making mistakes. Although I imagine it can be more painful when you don't have an outlet for the feelings, and find it hard to relate your feelings to the feelings of others.

Anyway, three reasons I would presume it sucks to an INTx:

1. Self-deprecating and perfectionistic.

2. Feels just as much other people, but can neither express it well, nor easily recognize their own emotions in others.

3. Struggling with internal and external conflicts because of the differences between their own needs, and the needs of most other people.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by sycayersou View Post
    How many times can people tell me I'm "weird", "a freak", "abnormal", or "odd" before I start to resent it?
    Your whole life. Because they never stop saying it. I don't resent it though. Embracing your weirdness or oddness or whatever truly helps and it never matters what anyone says afterwards.