• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Top Three Reasons For Why INTs Suck

InfiniteIntrigue

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
sp
1. We think, therefor destroying the dreams of all feelers.
2. We are hard to impress.
3. We're insensitive.

haha :p

Plastic Chair

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
My three reasons:

1. We can over-think things. Sometimes to the point of confusing ourselves.

2. We value thought over feelings. Which may contribute to some form of tension among other types (like F's).

3. Our personalities are introverted and analytical, (though I can only speak from an INTP perspective) but there is always room for flaw. Sometimes people take our advice without questioning it. (Which could be viewed differently depending on the INT). Sometimes we can be 'over estimated', I suppose.

Last edited:

EasyBreeze

MBTI Type
INTP
Hmm...why do we fail?

1. Thinking to much has always been a major downfall. It can sometimes lead to inner battles or misassumptions about our own reality.

2. In comparison to others, we rarely express emotion. This trait can make us appear inhuman to other individuals.

3. Our strengths are viewed as weaknesses by others who can't understand the value of intelligence.

Sunless

MBTI Type
INxx
1) Looking inward and all I see is void: no personal opinions on a myriad of topics, incapable of connecting to things from the inside, few ethical concepts (wanting to do the right thing, just not knowing what the right thing is to begin with)

2) Anxiety. Social anxiety, failure anxiety, anxiety for the sake of anxiety, phobias.

3) Thinking things are more complicated than they actually are.

4) Everyone thinking you have no feelings, that you are cold, distant or pedantic, even when you might even feel less than everyone else.

5) Not being able to track own moods, hence not knowing what one is feeling in any given situation, only capable of sorting it out in retrospect through Si.

tcda

psicobolche
MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
1.) Always worrying about something, can't turn that brain off.
2.) Need to get to the bottom of everything I find important and have no time for other things at all, plus this need for explanations (to and from other people) doesn't really work with women. :s The amount of times I hear this "you don't have to explain",...followed by a begging "ok please stop explaining" :D I don't get why they find that uncomfortable.
Conversely, I get fucking annoyed by people not explaining things down to the nth degree (yeah I know, use Ne and that shit...but I am tlaking about the situations where Ne doesn't suffice on its own).
So yeah, this hasnt done me many favours in the relationship area, but right now I am thinking, I would rather be single than in a relationship with someone who doesn't explain her actions.
3.) ^^^The goddam Ti-Si loop. But I kind of love it too. :p So it "sucks" yet rocks.

Liason

I'm more offensive in person!
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
1)Too much rationalizing, too little patience
2)Not nearly enough time in the world for our thoughts to be accurately distributed, thusly we end up a mash of all our thoughts and are nutters
3)Too vulnerable emotionally to people we like.

copperfish17

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
1) Being labeled a know-it-all (which then leads people into thinking we're snobby!).
2) Coming off as insensitive at times.
3) Getting nothing "done."

X_x

purplesunset

Enneagram
4w5
"Fools who wear their hearts proudly on their sleeves,
who cannot control their emotions, who wallow in sad
memories and allow themselves to be provoked this
easily -- weak people, in other words -- they stand no chance."
-Snape

Actually, you shouldn't be too impressed with this quote from Snape. If you really study Snape's childhood, you would see that he was actually projecting unto the person he was speaking to. Snape is the one who wallows in sad memories, and he was actually reacting defensively against himself when he said that. The person he was speaking to reminded him of his own childhood woes.

That's the difference between NT and NF.

An NT would take Snape's comment at face value and say "Yeah, that's what I call tough !"

An NF would be able to see right through Snape's comments, and understand the real motivations behind his words.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Actually, you shouldn't be too impressed with this quote from Snape. If you really study Snape's childhood, you would see that he was actually projecting unto the person he was speaking to. Snape is the one who wallows in sad memories, and he was actually reacting defensively against himself when he said that. The person he was speaking to reminded him of his own childhood woes.

That's the difference between NT and NF.

An NT would take Snape's comment at face value and say "Yeah, that's what I call tough !"

An NF would be able to see right through Snape's comments, and understand the real motivations behind his words.

You mean an NF is trying to find the good in the person and attempts to align with the persons emotions in attempts of misplaced empathetic and self destructive behaviour. Whilest the NT has seen through it all, figured he doesn't care, and goes like "Dude, whatever.". :D

purplesunset

Enneagram
4w5
You mean an NF is trying to find the good in the person and attempts to align with the persons emotions in attempts of misplaced empathetic and self destructive behaviour. Whilest the NT has seen through it all, figured he doesn't care, and goes like "Dude, whatever.". :D

I won't deny that NF's can be guilty of trying to find good in anyone :)

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I won't deny that NF's can be guilty of trying to find good in anyone :)

Ofcourse not, it's like your main thing. :D

As for the Snape thing, my point was that it's all a matter of perspective, we each have our own. :smile:

yvonne

A passer by
MBTI Type
INfP
Enneagram
5w4
my feeler side always tries to find the good in people and tries to empathize in an attempt to better a situation... my thinker side gets frustrated and critical. (usually at myself, if i am unable to understand, or better a situation)

why do int's suck then? it's because we're insensitive, loners and think too much (while getting very little done)... and are often not well equipped to deal with emotions.

B

brainheart

I agree with all of those minus 'insensitive', Yvonne. I think we just have a hard time expressing it sometimes- well, I do, anyway.

CuoreAnnerito

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Five
3 reasons why INTP have such a difficult time on this planet.
1) Misunderstood on almost every point
2) Overthinking and underdoing...so damn true
3) We never seem to be happy with what we have, but only want to make things better for ourselves...in everything, including life, career, relationships...

it makes for very difficult relationships indeed. Why is it that I get so bored with people? Why is it that when I try to explain something in my way I lose people? Why is it that people think Im trying to outdo their ideas? is anyone else as confused as me?

Oeufa

MBTI Type
INTP
Overthinking and underdoing

Absolutely! :tongue:

Another reason why we suck (or maybe it's just me) is that I spend so much time trying to figure out how I feel about anything that by the end of it I don't know if that's what I REALLY feel or what I've convinced myself I feel.... :(

lastrailway

INTPs:
1) Takes ages to get to any decision.
2) They get too often "Less thinking more doing" from others, and for good reason too.
3) Takes ages to understand why they're feeling the way they're feeling at any given moment - they might start to realise the why when that particular feeling is irrelevant already.

INTJs: (not much experience with them)
1) Ni. I don't know if it sucks, but it makes no sense to me.
2) Te. Too much certainty cannon be a good thing, plus it usually comes with bossiness.
3) J. Things are good when they're done their way, in their timeframe and under their conditions.

CuoreAnnerito

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Five
Absolutely! :tongue:

Another reason why we suck (or maybe it's just me) is that I spend so much time trying to figure out how I feel about anything that by the end of it I don't know if that's what I REALLY feel or what I've convinced myself I feel.... :(

I know exactly what you mean...try being in a relationship with a beautiful woman, have her pouring out her emotions...and all you can do is think about it, and then feel convinced that what you feel is right...but then not be totally sure either, because you might be wrong about one or two variables in the equation

CuoreAnnerito

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Five
INTPs:
1) Takes ages to get to any decision.
2) They get too often "Less thinking more doing" from others, and for good reason too.
3) Takes ages to understand why they're feeling the way they're feeling at any given moment - they might start to realise the why when that particular feeling is irrelevant already.

YES! this is perfect as well...you should see me in a video game store, or electronic store in general, i just cant make up my mind on what i want...some compare it to a childish like behavior...i dont see that haha...
Ive heard that "Less thinking more doing" thing like a millions times
It takes ages because we want to be completely sure about how we feel...better to have known the feeling at least, instead of misunderstanding it

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
3 reasons why INTP have such a difficult time on this planet.
1) Misunderstood on almost every point
2) Overthinking and underdoing...so damn true
3) We never seem to be happy with what we have, but only want to make things better for ourselves...in everything, including life, career, relationships...

it makes for very difficult relationships indeed. Why is it that I get so bored with people? Why is it that when I try to explain something in my way I lose people? Why is it that people think Im trying to outdo their ideas? is anyone else as confused as me?
Field is about reciprocity in a relationship?
We think reciprocity is about trust.
It is not.
Trust is field dependent.

FJ is about emotional field dependence:
Trust in authority figures: Religion and/or family/country.
ES is about manipulation of that trust.

Reciprocity is field independent. :)